Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

Should I leave Shiachat?

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salam,

I've been thinking about this for a while. I've really enjoyed my time here, but maybe the next step in my life is to leave Shiachat for good or perhaps a year. I want to focus on other things in life. I am not sure because it will be hard, however I need to make a decision soon.

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In what way are you connected to Shiachat that it effects your life?

Maybe consider trying to spend less time on it. I am trying to spend less time doing certain things too by developing my mental energy towards other activities by playing with the Rubik Cube and Jigsaw puzzles so my mind develops and I spend more time on more important things.

Edited by Murtaza1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

I've been thinking about this for a while. I've really enjoyed my time here, but maybe the next step in my life is to leave Shiachat for good or perhaps a year. I want to focus on other things in life. I am not sure because it will be hard, however I need to make a decision soon.

Thoughts?

Bruh just don't leave  lol

spend less time on it

and how is ShiaChat not letting you focus on other things in life ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I want to focus on other things in life.

I can distinctly remember telling one young member that they should either leave the site completely or cut down on their presence because the extent of their posting did not seem healthy. But I don't get the impression you are in that category.

But certainly I would encourage you to look at other places to post, if you have not done so already.

There are so many other forums out there with people from different walks of life and interests and it would be a shame not to experience those and also give the Shia point of view where necessary to non-Shias. Funnily enough, sometimes I get a more positive reaction to such posts in the Financial Times and the Guardian newspaper than I do here.

Edited by Haji 2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

There are so many other forums out there with people from different walks of life and interests and it would be a shame not to experience those

Can you suggest some, please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starlight said:

Can you suggest some, please?

An excellent one is Quora and IIRC a revert brother Kadhim did mention that he was spending more time there than here, before he completely disappeared. I don't post there, but do read it quite a lot.

I read Tripadvisor in bursts (depending on travel) and also post reviews there. I did mention the reader comments sections of two newspapers, where I do comment. The others I use are for private investors, and unlikely to be of much interest to people here.

Similarly, in recent years, I've been reading forums aimed at British parents with kids of 11+ examination age, but that interest is likely gone now.

Edited by Haji 2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

I've been thinking about this for a while. I've really enjoyed my time here, but maybe the next step in my life is to leave Shiachat for good or perhaps a year. I want to focus on other things in life. I am not sure because it will be hard, however I need to make a decision soon.

Thoughts?

W/salam. Brother, you are young and you should be out there experiencing 'real' life. Accumulate valuable life experiences, develop your social and interpersonal skills, travel and discover who you are. Come back to ShiaChat in a couple of years time and tell us all about your adventures. Who knows, maybe you'll even be married with a few kids IA. :grin: I know that you will be greatly missed by all. 

Jaa, jeele apni zindagi. (Does anyone get the reference point here)?

Edited by Aflower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aflower said:

W/salam. Brother, you are young and you should be out there experiencing 'real' life. Accumulate valuable life experiences, develop your social and interpersonal skills, travel and discover who you are. Come back to ShiaChat in a couple of years time and tell us all about your adventures. Who knows, maybe you'll even be married with a few kids IA. :grin: I know that you will be greatly missed by all. 

Jaa, jeele apni zindagi. (Does anyone get the reference point here)?

People can be in this state of mind at any stage of life. Some people just are not ready enough, no matter how long it takes. Everybody is different. On the other hand some young people can be very extrovert and marry very young but most marry later.

About the reference point, it sounds like a Amrish Puri film dialogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually I'm not leaving guys, I've made my mind up. I am an overthinker I guess.

Shiachat has really helped me in life and everyday I have a responsibility of giving back. I agree with some users, I just need to manage my time properly and come here when I have free time. It's a very good replacement for other forms of useless social meda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no dude, ShiaChat won't be the same without you. Lol if you really feel like it's better for you to leave then it is what it is. But like the other members said, maybe just come on a lot less. I kinda already noticed you not being the top poster of the week anymore...

Edited by AStruggler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AStruggler said:

oh wow, I literally just discovered the chatroom.

I'm warning you it can be addictive.  It's mainly run by a bunch of youth who only talk about marriage.

@2Timeless runs that group and facilities marriage discussions.

Also @Ruqaya101 instigates marriage topics.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I'm warning you it can be addictive.  It's mainly run by a bunch of youth who only talk about marriage.

@2Timeless runs that group and facilities marriage discussions.

Also @Ruqaya101 instigates marriage topics.

Marriage obsessed teenagers (including you). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Actually I'm not leaving guys, I've made my mind up. I am an overthinker I guess.

Shiachat has really helped me in life and everyday I have a responsibility of giving back. I agree with some users, I just need to manage my time properly and come here when I have free time. It's a very good replacement for other forms of useless social meda.

**I promise I’ll take my calm down pill after this comment (this is my third politically incorrect one in a row)**

Apparently the purpose of this whole thread was to seek some attention. Come on, if you needed love and attention, you should have called home and earned some hasanat of connecting with the parents, siblings, loved ones, etc. ShiaChat is not the place I guess..

ok my pill time ~~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I'm warning you it can be addictive.  It's mainly run by a bunch of youth who only talk about marriage.

@2Timeless runs that group and facilities marriage discussions.

Also @Ruqaya101 instigates marriage topics.

Omds! I thought were on the same team. I'm the one who actually tries to have intellectual conversations :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

I have heard of BREXIT.

Is this SCEXIT?

Precedents tell us that both are likely to be extended for an indeterminate period of time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Oi tum yeh chaati ho ke mein is site se nikal jao? Mera dhil dhuka diya hai :(

Aisi baat nahi hai mere bhai. 

To quote Ghalib:

"Udne de in parindo ko aazad fiza me,
Jo tere apne honge wo laut aayenge kisi roz".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, 2Timeless said:

Omds! I thought were on the same team. I'm the one who actually tries to have intellectual conversations :rolleyes:

Omdsss! I said "facilities' marriage discussion, not 'initiates'. 

Yeah I swear the chat needs you to be there 24/7 for intellectual discussions.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...