Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

Should I leave Shiachat?

Rate this topic

Salam,

I've been thinking about this for a while. I've really enjoyed my time here, but maybe the next step in my life is to leave Shiachat for good or perhaps a year. I want to focus on other things in life. I am not sure because it will be hard, however I need to make a decision soon.

Thoughts?

In what way are you connected to Shiachat that it effects your life?

Maybe consider trying to spend less time on it. I am trying to spend less time doing certain things too by developing my mental energy towards other activities by playing with the Rubik Cube and Jigsaw puzzles so my mind develops and I spend more time on more important things.

Edited by Murtaza1

1 hour ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

I've been thinking about this for a while. I've really enjoyed my time here, but maybe the next step in my life is to leave Shiachat for good or perhaps a year. I want to focus on other things in life. I am not sure because it will be hard, however I need to make a decision soon.

Thoughts?

Bruh just don't leave  lol

spend less time on it

and how is ShiaChat not letting you focus on other things in life ?

2 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

want to focus on other things in life.

Salam, 

Is ShiaChat coming in the way of other things in your life? If yes, then take the middle ground and don't visit ShiaChat as often. I would ask you to stay. It's not like you will stop browsing the Internet, and I don't believe you will find any other place better than ShiaChat to spend some free time. 

3 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I want to focus on other things in life.

I can distinctly remember telling one young member that they should either leave the site completely or cut down on their presence because the extent of their posting did not seem healthy. But I don't get the impression you are in that category.

But certainly I would encourage you to look at other places to post, if you have not done so already.

There are so many other forums out there with people from different walks of life and interests and it would be a shame not to experience those and also give the Shia point of view where necessary to non-Shias. Funnily enough, sometimes I get a more positive reaction to such posts in the Financial Times and the Guardian newspaper than I do here.

Edited by Haji 2003

20 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

There are so many other forums out there with people from different walks of life and interests and it would be a shame not to experience those

Can you suggest some, please?

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum Brother,

Sure you can cut down on the number of hours you are on ShiaChat.  Let's say an hour a day and time yourself.  That way you know what is going on in the forums and also contribute what you find interesting.  

Life is too short brother, less time on the internet is actually better for you.  You can use your extra time by making up visits to family and friends, reading a book you always wanted to finish, working out in the gym, or any other activity you had in mind.

Do you currently hold a job?  If you are a student, it would be nice to get a part time job, save up your money and go for ziyarat brother.  I promise you, once you go once you always want to go again!   @starlight  @laithAlIRAQI  @Darth Vader Just ask our dear members about their ziyarah.  Unforgettable!

Please recite fatiha for me brother to fulfill my wish to go for ziyarah.  God bless you.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

1 hour ago, starlight said:

Can you suggest some, please?

An excellent one is Quora and IIRC a revert brother Kadhim did mention that he was spending more time there than here, before he completely disappeared. I don't post there, but do read it quite a lot.

I read Tripadvisor in bursts (depending on travel) and also post reviews there. I did mention the reader comments sections of two newspapers, where I do comment. The others I use are for private investors, and unlikely to be of much interest to people here.

Similarly, in recent years, I've been reading forums aimed at British parents with kids of 11+ examination age, but that interest is likely gone now.

Edited by Haji 2003

4 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

Thoughts?

W/salam. Brother, you are young and you should be out there experiencing 'real' life. Accumulate valuable life experiences, develop your social and interpersonal skills, travel and discover who you are. Come back to ShiaChat in a couple of years time and tell us all about your adventures. Who knows, maybe you'll even be married with a few kids IA. :grin: I know that you will be greatly missed by all. 

Jaa, jeele apni zindagi. (Does anyone get the reference point here)?

Edited by Aflower