Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ali_fatheroforphans

Should I leave Shiachat?

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I tried to stay away from Shiachat for the last five days, just to experiment and see how life is.

I have to be honest that I did have more free time to do other stuff, but something felt missing. I just wanted to connect and be in the presence of you all, and that is worth way more than anything. Just one last statement I want to say - 'Shiachat is life'.

@Irfani313 it's okay my brother, maybe this statement is also an "attention seeking" statement to you.

Attention seeking is not bad at all, just have to be from the right people. In the zeal of devices, we sometimes forget those who are closer in vicinity and are wanting our attention. 

Its all good.. 

1 hour ago, Irfani313 said:

Ok I again lost the key to my prescription cabinet- 

I’m sure you know Islam doesn’t recognize namesake blood relations equivalents, an example from the life of the Prophet (s) when he married the ex-wife of Zaid bin Harith who was his surrogate son. So yes there is affection to show & keep, the etiquettes of hijab have to be upheld. 

Thank you for the reminder and reference. :) I'm curious to know what the unedited version was... what did I miss? Maybe you could update me by PM Irfani Bhai? JA. 

(P.S. That reference to 'chote se, nane se, pyare se bhai' is a quote from a Bollywood movie... me and my siblings have a habit of incorporating movie dialogues into our regular conversations.  I was a huge Bollywood fan as a teenager. And yes, I know it's not very Islamic... I have different taste in movies now). 

Edited by Aflower
P.S

2 hours ago, Aflower said:

Thank you for the reminder and reference. :) I'm curious to know what the unedited version was... what did I miss? Maybe you could update me by PM Irfani Bhai? JA. 

(P.S. That reference to 'chote se, nane se, pyare se bhai' is a quote from a Bollywood movie... me and my siblings have a habit of incorporating movie dialogues into our regular conversations.  I was a huge Bollywood fan as a teenager. And yes, I know it's not very Islamic... I have different taste in movies now). 

Bollywood movies are not only haram but also very cheesy nowadays, with silly light skin male macho body cheesiness. I don't watch them either. When I had to interview bollywood stars for a magazine interview years ago I didn't even know which actress was which lol. I used to watch them movies in the 80's and 90's but not anymore alhamdulilah. I myself had to google your quote.

Edited by Murtaza1

3 hours ago, AStruggler said:

This thread is making me laugh, there is so much cheesiness and cringiness in some of these comments Lool. 

Lol but the fact that you're so active on this thread goes to show that you enjoy the cheesy comments.

7 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Ok my goobloo brother  

I’m sorry but this does not work mere pyare se chote munne LOOL :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Haha okay I’ll stop now. 

Edited by AStruggler

3 hours ago, AStruggler said:

I’m sorry but this does not work mere pyare se chote munne LOOL :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

Haha okay I’ll stop now. 

@Aflower

That statement she ^^^ made is like when your father squeezes your cheeks as he says "mera nana muna sa payara sa beta".

Btw just want to take revenge

Aflower is a gurria raani.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

On 1/20/2019 at 3:30 AM, Laayla said:

Life is too short brother, less time on the internet is actually better for you.  You can use your extra time by making up visits to family and friends, reading a book you always wanted to finish, working out in the gym, or any other activity you had in mind.

Yeah sister, love your advice. 

It's really about finding the right balance which can be a bit difficult. Going cold turkey is not right because I'll eventually turn to something else such as Facebook or instagram when I'm bored (which is a total waste of time).

Btw how do you spend your time? Like what do you do during your spare time?

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum Brother @ali_fatheroforphans

Wonderful to see you back, Alhamd'Allah.

For personal reasons brother I can't go into details about my life.  I'm very limited in what I say about myself.  

I encourage you brother whenever you have an opportunity to help your family, do so.  If a beleiver approaches you and asks you for help, fulfill his hajjat.  If you know a beleiver who needs help, help him and don't wait for him to ask.

Always seek knowledge from the cradle to the grave and apply what you know.  

As much as you can, continue to attend majalis, lectures, tafseer of Qur'an and be in the presence of a 3lim. It rejuvenates your energy and spirituality to keep going in this difficult world. 

Always be honest.  A Momin NEVER lies.  Pay your khumus. Give sadaqa daily, not necessarily with money but a smile is sadaqa, removing a rock from the street is sadaqa, giving water to a thirsty person is sadaqa.  

Constantly challenge yourself to do good works brother.  Fix your neeya or intention to always seek closeness to Allah.

Make du2as always to never lose your Deen and love of Ahulbayt.  You can lose everything in this world, but ask Allah not to lose your faith in Him, Rasoul Allah and his holy progeny.  To remove the love of this dunya from your heart. This is a poisonous illness, which takes people to hell.  

Be Birr to your parents, especially your mother.

God bless you brother.

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

On 1/19/2019 at 4:05 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Salam,

I've been thinking about this for a while. I've really enjoyed my time here, but maybe the next step in my life is to leave Shiachat for good or perhaps a year. I want to focus on other things in life. I am not sure because it will be hard, however I need to make a decision soon.

Thoughts?

I think when you will have something important in life that leaves no time for Shiachat then you will "leave". If not then why leave? I have made a compromise with myself to accept that yes I am a computer addict and I need time on social networks and ShiaChat is the best one despite all its flaws. Its clean, fitnah free, has good people on it even if they don't want to be good friends.

11 hours ago, Darth Vader said:

I think when you will have something important in life that leaves no time for Shiachat then you will "leave". If not then why leave? I have made a compromise with myself to accept that yes I am a computer addict and I need time on social networks and ShiaChat is the best one despite all its flaws. Its clean, fitnah free, has good people on it even if they don't want to be good friends.

Yeah ever since I've started to come here, I've noticed that I don't use Facebook much, like it's just boring and pointless.