ali_fatheroforphans

Should I leave Shiachat?

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I'm warning you it can be addictive.  It's mainly run by a bunch of youth who only talk about marriage.

@2Timeless runs that group and facilities marriage discussions.

haha okay. 

18 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

I'm warning you it can be addictive.  It's mainly run by a bunch of youth who only talk about marriage.

Also @Ruqaya101 instigates marriage topics.

Marriage obsessed teenagers (including you). 

On 1/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Actually I'm not leaving guys, I've made my mind up. I am an overthinker I guess.

Shiachat has really helped me in life and everyday I have a responsibility of giving back. I agree with some users, I just need to manage my time properly and come here when I have free time. It's a very good replacement for other forms of useless social meda.

**I promise I’ll take my calm down pill after this comment (this is my third politically incorrect one in a row)**

Apparently the purpose of this whole thread was to seek some attention. Come on, if you needed love and attention, you should have called home and earned some hasanat of connecting with the parents, siblings, loved ones, etc. ShiaChat is not the place I guess..

ok my pill time ~~

6 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Also @Ruqaya101 instigates marriage topics.

Omds! I thought were on the same team. I'm the one who actually tries to have intellectual conversations :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

I have heard of BREXIT.

Is this SCEXIT?

Precedents tell us that both are likely to be extended for an indeterminate period of time...

15 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Oi tum yeh chaati ho ke mein is site se nikal jao? Mera dhil dhuka diya hai :(

Aisi baat nahi hai mere bhai. 

To quote Ghalib:

"Udne de in parindo ko aazad fiza me,
Jo tere apne honge wo laut aayenge kisi roz".

On 1/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, 2Timeless said:

Omds! I thought were on the same team. I'm the one who actually tries to have intellectual conversations :rolleyes:

Omdsss! I said "facilities' marriage discussion, not 'initiates'. 

Yeah I swear the chat needs you to be there 24/7 for intellectual discussions.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

On 1/21/2019 at 5:17 AM, AStruggler said:

that "oi" is too cringe

On 1/21/2019 at 12:22 AM, Aflower said:

Aisi baat nahi hai mere bhai. 

To quote Ghalib:

"Udne de in parindo ko aazad fiza me,
Jo tere apne honge wo laut aayenge kisi roz".

Actually sorry for saying 'oi'.

You're like my own older sister, should have called you 'behan' or 'baji'.

All good I was joking btw.

I tried to stay away from Shiachat for the last five days, just to experiment and see how life is.

I have to be honest that I did have more free time to do other stuff, but something felt missing. I just wanted to connect and be in the presence of you all, and that is worth way more than anything. Just one last statement I want to say - 'Shiachat is life'.

@Irfani313 it's okay my brother, maybe this statement is also an "attention seeking" statement to you.

3 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

It's OK. I can take a joke. :) So pleased that you are back. ShiaChat was not the same without your banter. As I said in my PM - I am like your elder sister. I would be honoured if you referred to me as either Behen or Baji mere chotte se, nane se, pyare se Bhai. :thankyou:

Edited by Aflower

12 minutes ago, Aflower said:

It's OK. I can take a joke. :) So pleased that you are back. ShiaChat was not the same without your banter. As I said in my PM - I am like your elder sister. I would be honoured if you referred to me as either Behen or Baji mere chotte se, nane se, pyare se Bhai. :thankyou:

Ok I again lost the key to my prescription cabinet- 

I’m sure you know Islam doesn’t recognize namesake blood relations equivalents, an example from the life of the Prophet (s) when he married the ex-wife of Zaid bin Harith who was his surrogate son. So yes there is affection to show & keep, the etiquettes of hijab have to be upheld. 

Edited by Irfani313
Calming it down

I tried to stay away from Shiachat for the last five days, just to experiment and see how life is.

I have to be honest that I did have more free time to do other stuff, but something felt missing. I just wanted to connect and be in the presence of you all, and that is worth way more than anything. Just one last statement I want to say - 'Shiachat is life'.

@Irfani313 it's okay my brother, maybe this statement is also an "attention seeking" statement to you.

Attention seeking is not bad at all, just have to be from the right people. In the zeal of devices, we sometimes forget those who are closer in vicinity and are wanting our attention. 

Its all good.. 

1 hour ago, Irfani313 said:

Ok I again lost the key to my prescription cabinet- 

I’m sure you know Islam doesn’t recognize namesake blood relations equivalents, an example from the life of the Prophet (s) when he married the ex-wife of Zaid bin Harith who was his surrogate son. So yes there is affection to show & keep, the etiquettes of hijab have to be upheld. 

Thank you for the reminder and reference. :) I'm curious to know what the unedited version was... what did I miss? Maybe you could update me by PM Irfani Bhai? JA. 

(P.S. That reference to 'chote se, nane se, pyare se bhai' is a quote from a Bollywood movie... me and my siblings have a habit of incorporating movie dialogues into our regular conversations.  I was a huge Bollywood fan as a teenager. And yes, I know it's not very Islamic... I have different taste in movies now). 

Edited by Aflower
P.S

2 hours ago, Aflower said:

Thank you for the reminder and reference. :) I'm curious to know what the unedited version was... what did I miss? Maybe you could update me by PM Irfani Bhai? JA. 

(P.S. That reference to 'chote se, nane se, pyare se bhai' is a quote from a Bollywood movie... me and my siblings have a habit of incorporating movie dialogues into our regular conversations.  I was a huge Bollywood fan as a teenager. And yes, I know it's not very Islamic... I have different taste in movies now). 

Bollywood movies are not only haram but also very cheesy nowadays, with silly light skin male macho body cheesiness. I don't watch them either. When I had to interview bollywood stars for a magazine interview years ago I didn't even know which actress was which lol. I used to watch them movies in the 80's and 90's but not anymore alhamdulilah. I myself had to google your quote.

Edited by Murtaza1

3 hours ago, AStruggler said:

This thread is making me laugh, there is so much cheesiness and cringiness in some of these comments Lool. 

Lol but the fact that you're so active on this thread goes to show that you enjoy the cheesy comments.