ali_fatheroforphans

How to strengthen your Iman

Rate this topic

Salam,

This is probably a question everyone begs to ask. I spoke with a respected sheikh and he gave some very good and brief tips. I hope everyone benefits from this, nothing complicated.

There are three stages you have to keep in mind when we talk about faith (iman).

(1) Confessing by tongue

(2) Belief in heart

(3) Actions

The most important stage is the second one. We will often confess by our tongue, do our wajibats, but there is no presence of heart.

The Sheikh stressed on the fact that some people don't have true belief, giving an example of his encounter with a salafi student. The student believed in some violent verses and refused to believe the peaceful ones. The sheikh translated a peaceful verse right in front of him, but the student refused to accept out of ignorance, saying "wait till I learn Arabic, I'll prove you wrong". 

The sheikh said that these types of people don't have an attitude to learn, and nothing goes through their hearts, which is why they find it hard to accept even if they are convinced.

Faith is something everyone has. Allah has created a system where we have Iman the minute we were born. In the world of particles, we even confessed to Allah - "there is no God but Allah". However just because we can't remember it doesn't mean that we don't have faith. It is our duty to unlock faith in a world of corruption and materialism. Our blurred vision is through desires, lust, sins etc.

The best way to unlock faith is to observe nature. Most Prophets were shepherds, so you can imagine how they observed pure nature. Nature is pure and it reflects the signs of Allah. The Qur'an constantly tells us to look around and not to be so restricted. If we simply spend a few minutes just looking at a tree with pure intentions, knowing how this was not created in vain, our iman will be strengthened.

Obviously other ones are obvious such as refraining from sins etc.

Also what are your opinions? How do you think we can strengthen our iman?

Thank you for sharing. 

I also found for me that also understanding for example the Surahs that I am reciting while praying also helps. When we go beyond simply reciting verses from the Holy Qur’an to understanding them, it has a further impact on us. 

Simultaneously, I think further thinking profoundly Tawheed also helps me. 

In addition, increasing supplications to Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), reading more Qur’an and understanding Qur’an, and learning more through lectures and readings also helped me. 

Salam,

Fastest method...get closer to hold on to Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام).

History has shown that those people that were alive during the Prophet, and there we physically closer to him, and there Muslim...yet there we not mukmin because their inner part are not closed to Ahlul Bayt(عليه السلام).  Their iman did not translated in to best of actions approved by Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) (aamal solihah).

Some of them rebelled against Ahlul Bayt in many wars.

We are physically not with Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام), yet our inner part is able get closer to them, in particular Imam al Mahdi (عليه السلام).

Ayat 33:56...Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) made it compulsory for Him  and Angles to have connection with the Prophet, and mukminin must do the same...by sending blessings to the Prophet and His Ahlul Bayt.

This connection is the "best and fastest" to increase our iman that will translate in to best of actions. 

This doesnt strengthen faith. This can strengthen anything in life, a talent, loving someone, etc..

strenghething faith is by searching on why do you want to have faith? When you have an answer, its when no one can make your faith tremble.

:bismillah:

وَإِذَا مَا أُنْزِلَتْ سُورَةٌ فَمِنْهُمْ مَنْ يَقُولُ أَيُّكُمْ زَادَتْهُ هَٰذِهِ إِيمَانًا ۚ فَأَمَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا فَزَادَتْهُمْ إِيمَانًا وَهُمْ يَسْتَبْشِرُونَ {124}

[Shakir 9:124] And whenever a chapter is revealed, there are some of them who say: Which of you has it strengthened in faith? Then as for those who believe, it strengthens them in faith and they rejoice.

Thaqalain (Qur'an & Ahlul Bayt asws) is the thing which can strengthen our emaan.

إِنَّمَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ الَّذِينَ إِذَا ذُكِرَ اللَّهُ وَجِلَتْ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَإِذَا تُلِيَتْ عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتُهُ زَادَتْهُمْ إِيمَانًا وَعَلَىٰ رَبِّهِمْ يَتَوَكَّلُونَ {2}

[Shakir 8:2] Those only are believers whose hearts become full of fear when Allah is mentioned, and when His communications are recited to them they increase them in faith, and in their Lord do they trust.

Edited by Salsabeel