Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
sisi

What is it about long nails and the devil?

Rate this topic

So I wanted to know if its bad to have long nails since im a girl and I like them a little long (not too long). And I don’t know if its true but my mom told me that the devil lives under your nails so this is why we have to cut them, is it a myth? Also, Before going to sleep yesterday I was still thinking about that and was kinda feeling bad about having long nails but told myself its okay because my cousins are really religious and keep them realllyyyy long. Whatever, when I slept ,I dreamed about my nails! I dreamed that I was cutting my nails and I was saying in my head ´´Oh its okay because im doing it for God’´ so I believe that God gave me this dream because I was happy in my dream about cutting my nails for God because I felt like he asked it for me.( the dream felt so real) Sorry if its a little dumb subject for some of you but I want to know what you think about it and btw I will cut them because of the dream even though I love them long. 

Its not a dumb question. its very interesting. I think you need to analyse your dream deeper. write down everything you saw in the dream then pick out and group together similarities of symbols, people, colour, objects, metaphors etc. That's the psychology of dream analysis. It will then reveal the meaning behind the dream, what the message was for you. Also remember dreams do not follow a chronological order, I mean there is usually no beginning middle or end in a dream, things happen without any specific order, so you have to pick the pieces and put them together like a puzzle to reveal the message. That's how I do it when I wake up from a dream. Also remember not to become too absorbed in finer dretails. I used to spend 2-3 hours writing my dreams, Then I realise I didn't need to spend so much time writing it. I just needed to write down things that resonated with me the strongest before selecting the main elements and grouping them in each category. its best to write the dream straight after you wake up so you remember the finer details more clearly. I hope that helps, 

Thanks for asking. It’s less about Devil and nails, because for women it’s ok (sometimes mustahib) to keep a bit longer nails.

What it’s really about is Devil and Lack of Hygiene. And there are numerous Hadiths and verses of Qur’an related to this (because I have never figured out how the people with longer than usual nales use the restroom or eat their food as they touch it).

Hence lots of Islamic recommdations on being clean at all times (preferably in state of wudhu), keeping your homes and streets clean, keeping your clothes and body clean, keeping your thoughts clean, taking out the trash before sleeping, do the dishes before sleeping, clean your teeth (floss and brush; yes both Islamic commands), wash your face, comb / brush your hair, being in vogue with modesty, not wearing ripped up clothes, use perfumes, for men don’t have mustache dangling on lips lest food and liquids touche it while eating, cleaning the pubic hair, having a decent haircut, among others. 

None of the above are out of verbosity, these all are real and clear instructions of the Holy Prophet.  

30 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

Salam Devils could be metaphorically referring to bacteria that is not good for you if you bite your nails. 

When I was a kid a sheik literally scared me into not biting my nails anymore and mentioning the grime under the nails as being Satan’s.

I was oh hell naw! That’s nasty. And yeah it makes complete perfect sense

Now im pretty ocd with keeping my hands clean

I would also like to mention

keeping *pubic hair clean* is not really achieved unless you remove it. I don’t think washing really does anything for those types of hair. Hair grows. So removing them (completely, armpits and other sensitive areas) periodically for men and women should be a standard. Women I believe have stricter rules here though.

I recommend waxing, it’s painful but no guy or girl has an excuse to let those nasty hairs grow. 

Be clean people. Please. Trust me people CAN smell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Ralvi

8 hours ago, Ralvi said:

When I was a kid a sheik literally scared me into not biting my nails anymore and mentioning the grime under the nails as being Satan’s.

I was oh hell naw! That’s nasty. And yeah it makes complete perfect sense

Now im pretty ocd with keeping my hands clean

I would also like to mention

keeping *pubic hair clean* is not really achieved unless you remove it. I don’t think washing really does anything for those types of hair. Hair grows. So removing them (completely, armpits and other sensitive areas) periodically for men and women should be a standard. Women I believe have stricter rules here though.

I recommend waxing, it’s painful but no guy or girl has an excuse to let those nasty hairs grow. 

Be clean people. Please. Trust me people CAN smell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha :hahaha: at least it helped make you more clean. 

In “some” countries there is a double standard for women and men & it’s manly for men to have hairy armpits. Though I don’t think chest hair will be a problem right

If 1,000 years ago Imam Ali told normal people, if your nails are long, bacteria will live under your nails. They wouldnt and couldnt have understood what bacteria is. Thus saying devil would be easier for them to understand

3 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Haha :hahaha: at least it helped make you more clean. 

In “some” countries there is a double standard for women and men & it’s manly for men to have hairy armpits. Though I don’t think chest hair will be a problem right

nah I don’t think so