Sayyed_Splinter

The Prophet did sujud on soil

Rate this topic

The source is Ighaathat ul-Lahfan fi Masaa'id Ash-Shaytaan   is a true book "anti-bid'ah" , Sunni book.
It says in the page 218:
unknown.png
"and the Prophet (sawa) never prayed on any rug, and no one gave him any rug to pray. And he did sujud on Earth, stones, or soil. "
unknown.png?width=281&height=407
And on the page 268: "and he(the Prophet [sawa])  prayed with his forehead on soil"

So, brothers and sisters, praying with forehead on any rug is bid'ah, and praying with forehead on soil/Earth/stone is the right way of sujud.

2 hours ago, Sayyed_Splinter said:

So, brothers and sisters, praying with forehead on any rug is bid'ah, and praying with forehead on soil/Earth/stone is the right way of sujud.

And what better soil than khaak e Karbala. 

All hadith of Ahlul Bayt I have encountered state postrate on the Earth. In cases where directly praying on the Earth was not viable, a flax may was the preferred option. So pray directly on Earth if indoors use a flax mat. I haven't found any hadith where compressed blocks of Earth were used from Karbala or otherwise. 

49 minutes ago, Warilla said:

I haven't found any hadith where compressed blocks of Earth were used from Karbala or otherwise. 

It's still Earth, isn't it?

1 minute ago, Warilla said:

Yes but sunnah/ best practice is use of a flax mat. When indoors. We should try to emulate the actions of Ahlul Bayt.

Can you please provide the reference?

Just now, starlight said:

Can you please provide the reference?

Read Al kafi on chapter concerning things on which to prostate. For earlier hadith musnad Imam Zaid. Check Bukhari/Muslim for Sunni sources. Build a full picture and ask your scholars about the hadith. Me posting 1/2 selected hadith is not helpful.

15 minutes ago, Warilla said:

Yes but sunnah/ best practice is use of a flax mat. When indoors. We should try to emulate the actions of Ahlul Bayt.

If not using turbah indoors, I pray on this tatami prayer mat from Japan.

I tend to alternate between this or a regular prayer mat with turbah.

848-image1_456_342.jpg

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

17 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

If not using turbah indoors, I pray on this tatami prayer mat from Japan.

I tend to alternate between this or a regular prayer mat with turbah.

848-image1_456_342.jpg

That's a great idea trying to buy straw mats in the west is tough. I look them up

37 minutes ago, Warilla said:

Build a full picture and ask your scholars about the hadith. 

I think our scholars are already well versed in those hadiths and hence they issued the rulings about sajdah.

True story that happened on an anti-Shia site with me.

We were discussing 7 points of sujood + nose and we got into how the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) always prayed on Earth or dust, etc. Of course I showed them this from their books 

So I started receiving harassment over only using Mohr on my head as opposed to all 7 points + nose.

ShiaMan14: see - Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) used turbah.

Anti-Shia: Shias are so stupid, you only use turbah on forehead. You should wear shorts and no socks and use turbah on them as well.

ShiaMan14: but you don't even use it on your forehead.

Anti-Shia: of course not.

ShiaMan14: I hope you realize 1 out of 7 is better than 0 out of 7.

Anti-Shia:  no comment

:hahaha:

22 hours ago, starlight said:

I think our scholars are already well versed in those hadiths and hence they issued the rulings about sajdah.

Of course that's the point. If they were not well versed in hadith then there would be no reason to ask them. You go to scholars because they have knowledge. Also scholars doesn't mean just marja. It's always better to go to local scholars as they can give you more time and discuss topics in more detail.

Edited by Warilla
Added point

16 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

True story that happened on an anti-Shia site with me.

We were discussing 7 points of sujood + nose and we got into how the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) always prayed on Earth or dust, etc. Of course I showed them this from their books 

So I started receiving harassment over only using Mohr on my head as opposed to all 7 points + nose.

ShiaMan14: see - Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) used turbah.

Anti-Shia: Shias are so stupid, you only use turbah on forehead. You should wear shorts and no socks and use turbah on them as well.

ShiaMan14: but you don't even use it on your forehead.

Anti-Shia: of course not.

ShiaMan14: I hope you realize 1 out of 7 is better than 0 out of 7.

Anti-Shia:  no comment

:hahaha:

Not a very knowledgeable answer if you ask me @ShiaMan14

1 out of 7 is no credit.  But then it is not your fault. You have rubbed shoulders with the salafis so many times that it gets difficult to recognize shoulders.

A better academic answer would have been that the correct method is not to go ahead of the Prophet(sawws) and not to stray far behind him. So the correct method is just the turbah for the sujood place. 

Hope my brother understands the difference

56 minutes ago, haideriam said:

Not a very knowledgeable answer if you ask me @ShiaMan14

1 out of 7 is no credit.  But then it is not your fault. You have rubbed shoulders with the salafis so many times that it gets difficult to recognize shoulders.

A better academic answer would have been that the correct method is not to go ahead of the Prophet(sawws) and not to stray far behind him. So the correct method is just the turbah for the sujood place. 

Hope my brother understands the difference

I think everyone else realized that the above was a summary and not the full conversation.

There assertion was that all 7 points should make contact with Earth. 

I remember I had to correct your arithmetic about a year ago as well. 1 > 0.

1 minute ago, ShiaMan14 said:

I think everyone else realized that the above was a summary and not the full conversation.

There assertion was that all 7 points should make contact with Earth. 

I remember I had to correct your arithmetic about a year ago as well. 1 > 0.

link me to the full conversation. @ShiaMan14

Illogical to assert that all 7 points should make contact, so it is a non starter. 

This is misguiding people with wrong answers and logic.

Maths , keep dreaming like your waswasas of doubt. 

What about blocks of wood? Our masjid did not have enough mohr's (Persian word for the stone we pray on), and there were too many people attending, so we would all use these wooden blocks to pray on. lol I looked it up afterwards, and the marja's say that it has to be stone I think. I also didn't have a mohr for eid-ul-fitr in the park, so I used a piece of dry bark that fell off a tree. I think the marja said that it can be a piece of paper with no writing on it, the back of your hand, and something else. I don't remember the whole thing. Can someone clarify? I didn't know the difference, if that makes any difference... Thanks!

26 minutes ago, haideriam said:

link me to the full conversation. @ShiaMan14

Illogical to assert that all 7 points should make contact, so it is a non starter. 

This is misguiding people with wrong answers and logic.

Maths , keep dreaming like your waswasas of doubt. 

Most Shias would assert that a lot of what the salafis say is illogical.

go to www.12ershia.net (spell out the number twelver) or whatever that site was. lookup my screenname ShiaMan14. This is from the time when ShiaChat was down a couple of years ago for 2-3 weeks. While you are there, also look up when Jasim challenged to discuss tahreef of Qur'an.

Someone called Hani is their admin.

You can always ask their spy @Abul Hussain Hassani

Edited by ShiaMan14

42 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

go to www.12ershia.net (spell out the number twelver) or whatever that site was. lookup my screenname ShiaMan14. This is from the time when ShiaChat was down a couple of years ago for 2-3 weeks. While you are there, also look up when Jasim challenged to discuss tahreef of Qur'an.

@ShiaMan14

a cop out

Illogical though they may be but they have raised the bar for us laymen and that can never be a bad thing.  BTW when you say most Shias have you done a fair count and not hearsay.

Besides one cannot and should not fight illogic with more illlogic , that is the way of the devil. Proper is with knowledge and logic. 

It is much easier for you to link us to the relevant discussion for us to see as to what exactly you said, for you seem to remember a lot of the script writing.

Edited by haideriam

57 minutes ago, haideriam said:

@ShiaMan14

a cop out

Illogical though they may be but they have raised the bar for us laymen and that can never be a bad thing.  BTW when you say most Shias have you done a fair count and not hearsay.

Besides one cannot and should not fight illogic with more illlogic , that is the way of the devil. Proper is with knowledge and logic. 

It is much easier for you to link us to the relevant discussion for us to see as to what exactly you said, for you seem to remember a lot of the script writing.

How is it a cop out if I gave you the site and my user name and the reference to the person who is here spying on behalf of that website??? And I don’t remember the full conversation - I presented a 6 line summary.

23 minutes ago, ShiaMan14 said:

How is it a cop out if I gave you the site and my user name and the reference to the person who is here spying on behalf of that website??? And I don’t remember the full conversation - I presented a 6 line summary.

Cop out by not providing the link so that we can check your whole contribution to the thread and what you alluded to and not what you wrote. 

What about blocks of wood? Our masjid did not have enough mohr's (Persian word for the stone we pray on), and there were too many people attending, so we would all use these wooden blocks to pray on. lol I looked it up afterwards, and the marja's say that it has to be stone I think. I also didn't have a mohr for eid-ul-fitr in the park, so I used a piece of dry bark that fell off a tree. I think the marja said that it can be a piece of paper with no writing on it, the back of your hand, and something else. I don't remember the whole thing. Can someone clarify? I didn't know the difference, if that makes any difference... Thanks!

@FreddyFox

Brother wooden blocks are fine. First preference is Earth though. 

2 hours ago, ShiaMan14 said:

Salam aleykum,

do you mean this discussion?

http://forum.*************/official-debates/tahreef-al-qur'an-in-shiasm-Abu-jasim-vs-shiaman/msg12853/#msg12853

"Abu Jasim Al-Salafi"

Now I don't care about the beliefs of your scholars, even though most of them believed in the tahreef of the Qur'an, I am now going to focus on the narrations from Ahl-ul Bayt that say that the Qur'an has been changed, do you believe that there are authentic narrations from Ahl-ul Bayt that state that the Qur'an has been corrupted (changed) or not?

If yes, then you're in really big trouble.

If no, then I challenge you to give me one authentic narration from Ahl-ul Bayt that says that the Qur'an hasn't been changed or corrupted.

The question to you is still open.

Edited by Maulana

3 minutes ago, Maulana said:

Salam aleykum,

do you mean this discussion?

http://forum.*************/official-debates/tahreef-al-qur'an-in-shiasm-Abu-jasim-vs-shiaman/msg12853/#msg12853

A question to you is still open.

Salaam. Yes, this was the one with Jasim. So I had them start a discussion on the Sunni belief in tahreef  at the same time and Jasim said he was too busy to answer and there was a lull. Then ShiaChat came back up and I stopped going to that site.

17 minutes ago, haideriam said:

Cop out by not providing the link so that we can check your whole contribution to the thread and what you alluded to and not what you wrote. 

How about I provide the link as soon as you answer my question about confrontation and the stack rank? Remember I asked first.

Of course I would not dream of saying  you are copping out or a coward for not answering a simple question.