Zaynab McCabe

Convert WhatsApp group

Rate this topic

Salaam alaykom,

Please join our convert group as we grow and learn together. A place to feel at home! 

https://chat.whatsapp.com/HCOa5FfDyES1oPOBdVJw40

Italian Christian converts to Islam at Imam Reza (عليه السلام) Holy Shrine

http://en.abna24.com/news//italian-christian-converts-to-Islam-at-Imam-reza-as-holy-shrine_924956.html

January 15, 2019 - 5:40 PM News Code : 924956 Source : AQRLink: 
Italian Christian converts to Islam at Imam Reza (AS) Holy Shrine

A Christian youth from Italy has converted to Islam after visiting the holy shrine of the eighth Imam of Shia Islam, Ali ibn Musa al-Reza (عليه السلام), located in Iran’s northeastern city of Mashhad. 

In a show of love to Imam Reza (عليه السلام), the Italian pilgrim changed his name to Reza. Astan Quds has sat with the Italian youth and talked to him about his motivations for becoming a Muslim. 

26-year-old Carmelo Coco is from the Italian island of Sicily. He officially declared his faith in Islam and converted to the religion during a special ritual held at the Department of Non-Iranian Pilgrims of Astan Quds Razavi. 

The newly converted Muslim told Astan News about his life-changing decision. “There was a mosque near my workplace. Every day, I could hear the sound of the prayer call echoing from the mosque’s loudspeakers three times a day. The soothing sound gave me nice feeling. Somehow, I felt really attached to it,” said Carmelo. 

The intriguing sound finally lured the Italian youth to the mosque, where he became acquainted with a number of Muslims who prayed there. “However, I did not have any information about their religion and beliefs,” admitted Carmelo. 

The turning point in Carmelo’s life started with a traumatic accident. “Last year, I made a harsh accident and went into a coma. Doctors had lost hope in my recovery,” recalled Carmelo. Amid all the disappointment with Carmelo’s survival, there shone a glimmer of hope. “One of my Muslim friends would sit by my side every day and recite the holy Qur'an for me,” explained Carmelo. 

The sound was as soothing as the prayer call he had heard from the Mosque. “In the dream world, I could hear the relaxing sound, and it gave me a sense of revival,” he said. To everyone’s surprise, Carmelo gets back to life after a few days. “When I regained consciousness, doctors were shocked and considered this a divine miracle,” recalled Carmelo with a shivering tone. 

After his recovery, Carmelo’s life changed dramatically. He owed his life to the “relaxing sound of the Qur'an.” He became interested in listening to verses from the holy Qur'an. “So, unwittingly, I was treading on a path from which I never wanted to return,” said the Italian Muslim. 

Salaam alaykom all, your very welcome and I pray this group does help in supporting converts. I am also a convert so I do know how it is.

As for only converts this is correct and this is a group that everyone will truly understand each other and support each other, sorry. 

We strive hard to keep it a safe and peaceful environment so we support convert in their journey. 

JazakumAllah for your understanding.

Fee aman Allah 

Alhumdulelah we continue to grow and are trying hard to assure safety and peaceful environment for converts only to come. The reason behind converts only is that we as a convert do understand what they are going through and we are wanting to ensure a correct understanding for them and a place to feel like everyone gets what they are going through and this will help them open up to feeling comfortable to asking questions they may have felt embarrassed to ask. 

I do hope you all understand in sha Allah. 

May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) protect us and guide us on the straight path always! Ameen.

Sr. Zaynab 

We also have a group for converts on Whatsapp and Telegram called "Rebirth":
https://chat.whatsapp.com/EG9Es86EPRJGx4jUGj0Jln
https://t.me/joinchat/AUnBFz_f9b-vC6E_xNsECQ

Christian woman converts to Islam at Imam Reza (عليه السلام) Holy Shrine

January 28, 2019 - 3:46 PM News Code : 926709 Source : AQRLink: 
Christian woman converts to Islam at Imam Reza (AS) Holy Shrine

Imam Reza’s holy shrine located in the Iranian city of Mashhad has always been a venue for newly converted Muslims to express their faith in Islam. Astan News has taken a look at the life of a Christian lady from Peru who has recently converted to the religion of Islam. 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Imam Reza’s holy shrine located in the Iranian city of Mashhad has always been a venue for newly converted Muslims to express their faith in Islam. Astan News has taken a look at the life of a Christian lady from Peru who has recently converted to the religion of Islam. 

To Sheila Margass from Peru, conversion to Islam has not been an accident, but a choice. Now, a new experience has made her even more resolute in her quest for Islam. 

After her conversion to Islam, Sheila has paid a visit to Iran’s city of Mashhad, which is home to the shrine of one of the most revered figures in Islam, especially among Iranians, Imam Reza, who is the eighth Imam in Shia Islam. 

The newly converted Muslim says her journey to Mashhad has increased her faith in her new religion. 

"At this sacred place, wishes are closer to fulfilment, and I can feel the presence of God here," said Sheila, while addressing a meeting themed with challenges facing Muslim converts in the West. 

Attended by students from Australia, the meeting was hosted by Astan Quds Razavi's Department of Non-Iranian Pilgrims located at Imam Reza's holy shrine. 

“I prayed for all my family members, relatives and friends during my visit to the holy Shrine of Imam Reza. I felt a deep and unexplainable sense of spirituality,” stated Sheila. 

She said people in Mashhad are so welcoming toward Muslim converts. “When the staff of Imam Reza's Shrine found out that I had converted to Islam, they welcomed me with open arms,” she said. “It is very interesting for me to see waves of pilgrims flock to Imam Reza's shrine and whisper their wishes to the eighth Shia Imam.” 

Sheila also highlighted the sufferings she and her fellow Muslim converts in the West go through. “Islam has changed my lifestyle. After I became Muslim, I showed up in public places wearing hijab based on Islamic dress code. Since hijab clearly defines my religion, I receive mixed reactions from people around me, and sometimes, people’s comments put me under pressure. But thank God, I managed to overcome the problems,” said the Peruvian Muslim. 

Sheila said that halal meat is hardly available in the West, and that has led her to resort to a vegetarian diet. “Shops sell meats that are not allowed in Islam such as pork meat,” she remarked. 

However, there was even a bigger challenge Sheila had to face. “It was my family's opposition to my conversion to Islam, especially my mother who is a radical Catholic,” explained Sheila. 

“My mom refused to come with me when I asked her to see inside a mosque,” Sheila recalled. Sheila’s mother has got along with her daughter’s case, but still, she hopes that Sheila will once return to Christianity. “This will never happen,” asserted Sheila. 

The Peruvian young woman has been constantly criticized by her friends and family members over her Islamic dress code. “Some people ask me why I should put up with all the trouble of wearing a headscarf, but I tell them that’s my choice and I love it.” 

“Initially, it was difficult for me to maintain my hijab. However, now I cannot put it aside, because it has become part of my identity, and I’m interested in it. I believe that a woman with hijab can communicate comfortably with people around her,” argued the Peruvian Muslim. 

http://en.abna24.com/news//Christian-woman-converts-to-Islam-at-Imam-reza-as-holy-shrine_926709.html

1 hour ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Christian woman converts to Islam at Imam Reza (عليه السلام) Holy Shrine

January 28, 2019 - 3:46 PM News Code : 926709 Source : AQRLink:  Christian woman converts to Islam at Imam Reza (AS) Holy Shrine  

Imam Reza’s holy shrine located in the Iranian city of Mashhad has always been a venue for newly converted Muslims to express their faith in Islam. Astan News has taken a look at the life of a Christian lady from Peru who has recently converted to the religion of Islam. 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Imam Reza’s holy shrine located in the Iranian city of Mashhad has always been a venue for newly converted Muslims to express their faith in Islam. Astan News has taken a look at the life of a Christian lady from Peru who has recently converted to the religion of Islam. 

To Sheila Margass from Peru, conversion to Islam has not been an accident, but a choice. Now, a new experience has made her even more resolute in her quest for Islam. 

After her conversion to Islam, Sheila has paid a visit to Iran’s city of Mashhad, which is home to the shrine of one of the most revered figures in Islam, especially among Iranians, Imam Reza, who is the eighth Imam in Shia Islam. 

The newly converted Muslim says her journey to Mashhad has increased her faith in her new religion. 

"At this sacred place, wishes are closer to fulfilment, and I can feel the presence of God here," said Sheila, while addressing a meeting themed with challenges facing Muslim converts in the West. 

Attended by students from Australia, the meeting was hosted by Astan Quds Razavi's Department of Non-Iranian Pilgrims located at Imam Reza's holy shrine. 

“I prayed for all my family members, relatives and friends during my visit to the holy Shrine of Imam Reza. I felt a deep and unexplainable sense of spirituality,” stated Sheila. 

She said people in Mashhad are so welcoming toward Muslim converts. “When the staff of Imam Reza's Shrine found out that I had converted to Islam, they welcomed me with open arms,” she said. “It is very interesting for me to see waves of pilgrims flock to Imam Reza's shrine and whisper their wishes to the eighth Shia Imam.” 

Sheila also highlighted the sufferings she and her fellow Muslim converts in the West go through. “Islam has changed my lifestyle. After I became Muslim, I showed up in public places wearing hijab based on Islamic dress code. Since hijab clearly defines my religion, I receive mixed reactions from people around me, and sometimes, people’s comments put me under pressure. But thank God, I managed to overcome the problems,” said the Peruvian Muslim. 

Sheila said that halal meat is hardly available in the West, and that has led her to resort to a vegetarian diet. “Shops sell meats that are not allowed in Islam such as pork meat,” she remarked. 

However, there was even a bigger challenge Sheila had to face. “It was my family's opposition to my conversion to Islam, especially my mother who is a radical Catholic,” explained Sheila. 

“My mom refused to come with me when I asked her to see inside a mosque,” Sheila recalled. Sheila’s mother has got along with her daughter’s case, but still, she hopes that Sheila will once return to Christianity. “This will never happen,” asserted Sheila. 

The Peruvian young woman has been constantly criticized by her friends and family members over her Islamic dress code. “Some people ask me why I should put up with all the trouble of wearing a headscarf, but I tell them that’s my choice and I love it.” 

“Initially, it was difficult for me to maintain my hijab. However, now I cannot put it aside, because it has become part of my identity, and I’m interested in it. I believe that a woman with hijab can communicate comfortably with people around her,” argued the Peruvian Muslim. 

http://en.abna24.com/news//Christian-woman-converts-to-Islam-at-Imam-reza-as-holy-shrine_926709.html

Wow just wow subhanAllah