Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Zaynab McCabe

Convert WhatsApp group

Rate this topic

Russian translator of Qur'an passes away

https://en.abna24.com/news//russian-translator-of-Qur'an-passes-away_973446.html

September 3, 2019 - 12:29 PM News Code : 973446 Source : IQNALink: 

Russian translator of Quran passes away

A Russian convert to Islam who translated of the Qur'an into the Russian language died at the age of 76. 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): A Russian convert to Islam who translated of the Qur'an into the Russian language died at the age of 76. 

According to RT Arabic, Valeria Porokhova died on Monday. 

Her rendering of the Qur'an has been hailed as one of the most beautiful translations that has remained very faithful to the original text. 

Porokhova was born in Tsarskoye Selo, Russia. She was an Orthodox Christian who embraced Islam after marrying a Syrian Muslim scholar and moving to Damascus in 1985. 

There she started working on translation of Qur'an. The translation was supervised by scholars from Syria and other Arab countries. Famous Islamic experts note that her translation of Qur'an is not only accurate, but is also made in poetical form. It is closer to the original than all the previous Russian translations. The translation was finished in 1991 and submitted to the Islamic academy Al-Azhar for review. 

She said in an interview in 2011, “When I read the Qur'an, I felt in love with it, which made me translate it into Russian”. 

She also admitted that she found a lot of difficulties, but scholars like Sheikh Ahmad Kaftaro, the former Mufti of Syria, and his son Sheikh Mahmoud Kaftaro helped her a lot thorough her work. 

6 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Porokhova was born in Tsarskoye Selo, Russia.

Very nice place, well worth a visit for anyone who's in the area (St. Petersburg).

Edited by Haji 2003

On 9/4/2019 at 2:00 PM, Haji 2003 said:

Very nice place, well worth a visit for anyone who's in the area (St. Petersburg).

Just tracked down the picture I took of the Peterhof at Tsarskoye Selo when I was 15.

87653979_Screenshot2019-09-04at14_08_01.thumb.png.f2f6879992d09e39c3e7038b6f394506.png

Portuguese young man converts to Islam at Imam Reza (عليه السلام) Holy Shrine

September 18, 2019 - 7:17 PM News Code : 976638 Source : AQRLink: 

Portuguese young man converts to Islam at Imam Reza (AS) Holy Shrine

A young man from Portugal has converted to Islam at Astan Quds Razavi's Office for Foreign Pilgrims’ Affairs in Mashhad.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): 

Describing his decision for becoming a Muslim, Joseph Manuel Ayce said: “I was born in a Jewish family and my father was the person who paved my way to get familiar with Islam; he is a wise man with years of experience doing research on different religions”.

Ayce added: “As Christianity was not able to answer my questions, like my father, I did much research on different religions and tried to get best possible understanding over various beliefs”.

Introducing Islam as the only religion responding to his questions, the newly Muslim convert noted: “I am at the beginning of understanding Islam and I have to discover religion’s truths through continuous study and research”.

“I will also learn more about Islamic law from my future wife who is a faithful Muslim,” he said.

The Portuguese Muslim went on to say: “One of the fundamentals in the Western culture is not to interfere into other people’s religions; therefore, people’s religions have nothing to do with others and I can have my own personal beliefs there”.

Joseph Manuel Ayce concluded his remarks by saying: “This is my first experience of having a pilgrimage in Imam Reza (عليه السلام) holy shrine, so the only description I can have about the shrine is its spirituality and warmness.”

https://en.abna24.com/news//portuguese-young-man-converts-to-Islam-at-Imam-reza-as-holy-shrine_976638.html

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Filipino woman converts to Islam

https://en.abna24.com/news//bahraini-hunger-striking-detainee-faints-for-second-time_979379.html

September 30, 2019 - 5:22 PM News Code : 979387 Source : IQNALink: 

Filipino woman converts to Islam

Filipino woman Leotsa Gonzales recently pronounced the Shahaadatayn (declaration of faith) at the Iranian Cultural Center in Manila and became a Muslim.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Filipino woman Leotsa Gonzales recently pronounced the Shahaadatayn (declaration of faith) at the Iranian Cultural Center in Manila and became a Muslim.

She had talked to Tandis Taqavi, the teacher of the Dar-ol-Qur'an of the center about her decision to accept Islam as her religion.

She told her that she has studies about Islam and wished to become a Muslim.

The woman pronounced the Shahadatayn in a ceremony held at the center and attended by the Iranian cultural attaché, members of Ahl-ul-Bayt (عليه السلام) Association of Manila, Iranians residing in the region and students of the Dar-ol-Qur'an.

Leosta Gonzales who adopted the name Maryam was gifted a copy of the Holy Qur'an and Nahjul Balagha.

To become a Muslim one must pronounce the Shahaadatayn (Declaration of Faith) with sincerity and conviction.

The Shahadatayn is the following:

"Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illaallaah, wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan-ar-Rasool ullaah" (I bear witness that there is no God worthy to be worshiped but Allah, and I bear witness that Muhammad ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) is the Messenger of Allah.)

Chilean Shiite scholar passes away

https://en.abna24.com/news//chilean-shiite-scholar-passes-away_980202.html

October 4, 2019 - 6:02 PM News Code : 980202 Source : ABNA24Link: 

Chilean Shiite scholar passes away

Hujjatul-Islam "Sheikh Khalil Yarub Sahouri", a Chilean and Latin American Islamic scholar, passed away.

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): Hujjatul-Islam "Sheikh Khalil Yarub Sahouri", a Chilean and Latin American Islamic scholar, passed away.

The prominent cleric was one of the great youths who, under the influence of Imam Khomeini and the Islamic Revolution of Iran, became acquainted with the Ahlul Bayt school.

He was a member of the "General Assembly" of the Ahlul Bayt World Assembly and also cooperated with the ABNA news agency for more than ten years, and for several years was secretary of the Spanish-language section of this news agency.

Sheikh Khalil Sahouri suffered from a hepatic injury for the past year and despite efforts, treatment was not effective.

Finally he passed away on Thursday, October 3, 2019.

His funeral ceremony will be held on Saturday, October 5, 2019 at Hazra Masoumah holy Shrine in Qom.