Jump to content
Anonymous2144

Nature of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, islam25 said:

According to Shia belief the God is not outside the universe and from there He control's it.But what ever exists is representing Allah and is filled with Allah.

 

According us we Believe Allah is everywhere and places to do not contain Him. But how can it be said His not outside of the universe ? His out of time and space, if we say that His not outside the universe then He is contained by the universe... and what do you mean by filled with Allah ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

According us we Believe Allah is everywhere and places to do not contain Him. But how can it be said His not outside of the universe ? His out of time and space, if we say that His not outside the universe then He is contained by the universe... and what do you mean by filled with Allah ?

That is not like that.

What I mean to convey is that Allah is not like builder and building senario where builder is separate from building.

Rather what were exists represents Allah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, islam25 said:

Rather what were exists represents Allah.

Huh?? Do you mean the creation of Allah represents Allah swt such as Human begins, the dust,Fire,water, plants, fruits, trees,grass, animals, fish of all kind and etc. 

When we say Allah is everywhere is it okay to say His also with us in the bathroom ?? And near to all things within the bathroom? Since He is everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Huh?? Do you mean the creation of Allah represents Allah swt such as Human begins, the dust,Fire,water, plants, fruits, trees,grass, animals, fish of all kind and etc. 

When we say Allah is everywhere is it okay to say His also with us in the bathroom ?? And near to all things within the bathroom? Since He is everywhere. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Huh?? Do you mean the creation of Allah represents Allah swt such as Human begins, the dust,Fire,water, plants, fruits, trees,grass, animals, fish of all kind and etc. 

When we say Allah is everywhere is it okay to say His also with us in the bathroom ?? And near to all things within the bathroom? Since He is everywhere. 

What ever exist represents Allah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Are there certain thngs that don’t represent Allah??

No , what ever exists represents attributes of Allah.

Imam Khomeini commentary of Al Hamad "in fact there is no existent other than Allah"

Edited by islam25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As salaamun aleikum,

Everything that exists is a manifestation(s) of Allahs(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Attributes.  Any THING you see, any creation, is a form of His manifestations that takes the appearance of what we perceive in this world.

An example the Sheikh in the above video mentions in other lectures is an analogy of a clothes shop/store. When  you enter a clothes shop, you see pants, you see hats, you see shirts,etc... you see the Hat, it's colored beautifully, it warms your head... But what (Who) are you attributing the warming of your head and the beautiful color to? Those properties are due to the THREAD..There is nothing in that store but THREAD. The pants, the shirt, the hat,they have NO existence outside the thread, just like EVERYTHING else-none of it has any existence other than Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

So how do we understand this kind of tawheed without confining Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to OUR realm, the limited realm of space/time/material, etc? It helps to understand the 99Names and how they manifest in and through everything. For example, you see a heater, it produces hot air to warm you-we can recognize the manifestations of Allahs(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) attributes of Ar Rahim(Compassionate) Ar Rahman(Mercifull) Ar Razzaq(Provider) and many others at play here. 

Another example. You see a new convert to Islam, you see Al Haad(Guide) An Nur(Light) Al Barr(Source of Goodness) at play...

Something else that may be helpfull is seeing the different ways people behave and understanding they are actually manifesting Allahs(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) attributes, such as Al Ghaffar when they are Forgiving, or As Sami if they are listening, or Al Kareem if they are Generous, etc. This can help in our day to day lives.

And so on and so forth. 

I don’t know how much help this post has been, but even if it didnt explain exactly what you are looking for, this is a good step in realizing and actualizing that ultimately, us and all there is, is nothing but Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Manifesting His attributes.

Please don’t take this to be pantheism, which is the belief that reality is IDENTICAL with Divinity/Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), or that everything is "made up" of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in a physical sense. To misunderstood what i have said and understand it as pantheism would be to limit and confine Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to the realm of limitations and finiteness, which is an impossibility and something we need to stay far away from, as understanding that way is definetly shirk.

One last thing i want to add is, outside of purifying ourselves spiritually, learning to "see" Allahs(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Manifestations in action, and for some people, having certain spiritual "experiences", etc. there isnt much else we can do as we  have been warned to not contemplate on His essence, otherwise, it will lead us astray and to perdition.We are not capable of understanding His essence due to our limitations as humans, so we must keep ourselves safe.

W/s

Edited by shia farm girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As salaamun aleikum, 

I think you may find this brief lecture helpfull, in sha Allah. He presents it very clearly. It

Its only a half hour and is well worth the investment of time.

Here is part 2.

W/s

Edited by shia farm girl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum,

Everything that exists is a manifestation(s) of Allahs(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Attributes.  Any THING you see, any creation, is a form of His manifestations that takes the appearance of what we perceive in this world.

An example the Sheikh in the above video mentions in other lectures is an analogy of a clothes shop/store. When  you enter a clothes shop, you see pants, you see hats, you see shirts,etc... you see the Hat, it's colored beautifully, it warms your head... But what (Who) are you attributing the warming of your head and the beautiful color to? Those properties are due to the THREAD..There is nothing in that store but THREAD. The pants, the shirt, the hat,they have NO existence outside the thread, just like EVERYTHING else-none of it has any existence other than Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

So how do we understand this kind of tawheed without confining Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to OUR realm, the limited realm of space/time/material, etc? It helps to understand the 99Names and how they manifest in and through everything. For example, you see a heater, it produces hot air to warm you-we can recognize the manifestations of Allahs(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) attributes of Ar Rahim(Compassionate) Ar Rahman(Mercifull) Ar Razzaq(Provider) and many others at play here. 

Another example. You see a new convert to Islam, you see Al Haad(Guide) An Nur(Light) Al Barr(Source of Goodness) at play...

Something else that may be helpfull is seeing the different ways people behave and understanding they are actually manifesting Allahs(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) attributes, such as Al Ghaffar when they are Forgiving, or As Sami if they are listening, or Al Kareem if they are Generous, etc. This can help in our day to day lives.

And so on and so forth. 

I don’t know how much help this post has been, but even if it didnt explain exactly what you are looking for, this is a good step in realizing and actualizing that ultimately, us and all there is, is nothing but Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Manifesting His attributes.

Please don’t take this to be pantheism, which is the belief that reality is IDENTICAL with Divinity/Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), or that everything is "made up" of Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) in a physical sense. To misunderstood what i have said and understand it as pantheism would be to limit and confine Allah(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) to the realm of limitations and finiteness, which is an impossibility and something we need to stay far away from, as understanding that way is definetly shirk.

One last thing i want to add is, outside of purifying ourselves spiritually, learning to "see" Allahs(سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) Manifestations in action, and for some people, having certain spiritual "experiences", etc. there isnt much else we can do as we  have been warned to not contemplate on His essence, otherwise, it will lead us astray and to perdition.We are not capable of understanding His essence due to our limitations as humans, so we must keep ourselves safe.

W/s

So what your trying to say is we’re Allah’s glory and everything in this world is Allah’s glory if look a lot deeper into it... am I correct ? For example in the bible someone said to jesus (a.s) “if you can show us the Father that would be sufficient” then Jesus (a.s) told him “you are looking at him right now...” this is obvious that he is indicating God’s glory to man kind he Jesus the Messiah is Allah’s glory, mercy and gift  according to the bible. 

Theres a similar Hadith to this verse in the bible about the Imams (a.s), a person asked one of the Imams if he can see God and then the Imam said “your looking at him right now” then the man asked him “can I share that with the public” the Imam (a.s) said “no don’t share that they won’t understand the metaphor and take us as Gods” then the Imam (a.s) told him the metaphor but the guy s didn’t say anything to the public. 

Edited by Anonymous2144

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alhamdulilah..ive learned alot  form this Sheikh. I started listening 4 years ago, and some of the concepts took a while for me abosrb and understan, but alhamdulilah i did. Now its pretty much down to self work and effort, if you could call it that..maybe "applying it" was more of what i was looking for..

W/s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shia farm girl here’s where I’m havimg trouble abit in the video i posted about Imam Ali a.s talking about God’s nature there are some stuff that I didn’t fully understand or some contradict one another. I’ll list them here 

“He is discribed by indications” what does  he mean by “discribed by indications”? 

“my Lord is near to all things without physically touching them. He is distant from them without being separate”  my under stand of this is like the egg yolk and the white bit, their near to each other but not touching or separate, am I correct ? 

“He is manifest but not physically” what does he mean by that? Does he mean his glory is out their without having to make His complete nature evident? 

“He is seperated but not through distance”

”He is close but without sacrificing His exaltedness” 

“He is within all things. Without being merged with them and also without being separated from them” is he contradicting what he said before ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Shia farm girl in the first video the sheik gives an example of the Thread being Manfist in different forms but if we apply that the with God then we’re no different to trinitarian Christians who say God came down in a human form or say jesus is manifestation of God. 

The sheik says whatever exists is manifestation of Allah swt , is their metaphorical meaning behind this? 

I know this is going to sound silly but something nasty can’t really be manifestation of Allah since Allah is prefect and is peferction. 

Can vomit be a manifastion of Allah can our stool or urine be? 

Allah pardon me if I have said something absurd. 

 

When something is man made can someone say it is manifestation of Allah ?? For example idols. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

@Shia farm girl in the first video the sheik gives an example of the Thread being Manfist in different forms but if we apply that the with God then we’re no different to trinitarian Christians who say God came down in a human form or say jesus is manifestation of God. 

The sheik says whatever exists is manifestation of Allah swt , is their metaphorical meaning behind this? 

I know this is going to sound silly but something nasty can’t really be manifestation of Allah since Allah is prefect and is peferction. 

Can vomit be a manifastion of Allah can our stool or urine be? 

Allah pardon me if I have said something absurd. 

 

When something is man made can someone say it is manifestation of Allah ?? For example idols. 

Qur'an says.Allah is ist and last ,manifest and Hidden.

Qur'an says where ever you turn there is face Allah.

Mr just get up and try to understand .

Imam Ali as says.I donot see anything but I see Allah before' it in it and after it.

 

Edited by islam25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, islam25 said:

Qur'an says.Allah is ist and last ,manifest and Hidden.

Qur'an says where ever you turn there is face Allah.

Mr just get up and try to understand .

Imam Ali as says.I donot see anything but I see Allah before' it in it and after it.

 

The Qur'an says in the heaven we will see the face of Allah which refers to Allah’s glory the Prophets and Imams a.s, if the Qur'an says where ever we turn there is Allah’s face then that means where ever we look we see Allah’s glory. What I want to understand is the meaning of “Manifest” according the Qur'an and Ahlulbayt a.s. 

What does Imam Ali a.s mean by that? 

I guy once asked one of the Imams (a.s) if he can see God, the Imam replied “You are looking at him right now” the Imam later explained to him the metaphor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

The Qur'an says in the heaven we will see the face of Allah which refers to Allah’s glory the Prophets and Imams a.s, if the Qur'an says where ever we turn there is Allah’s face then that means where ever we look we see Allah’s glory. What I want to understand is the meaning of “Manifest” according the Qur'an and Ahlulbayt a.s. 

What does Imam Ali a.s mean by that? 

I guy once asked one of the Imams (a.s) if he can see God, the Imam replied “You are looking at him right now” the Imam later explained to him the metaphor. 

Mr in Islamic principle Allah's essence and Attributes is not separate,it is one unity.

May be following paragraph from Mohhamad Hussain Tabtabie (top most sholar of Qum and Author  of Al Mizaan)will helpp you understand.

"At this stage, it may happen that the wayfarer suddenly observes all the world's existents as constituting a single act of knowledge, or he may find that there is no power except a single power. This is at the stage of witnessing (shuhad) the Attributes. But in the stage of witnessing (shuhud) the Names, which is still a higher one, the wayfarer observes that in all the worlds there is but one knower, and one powerful being, and one living being. And this phase of the stage of perception of Attributes, which appears at the plane of the heart, is nobler and more perfect:

لِانَّ السَّالِكَ يُصْبِحُ وَلَا يَرَى قادِراً وَلَا عالِمًا وَلَا حَيًاً سِوَى اللهِ تَعالَى

Because the wayfarer reaches a point where he does not see any power, knowledge, and life except those of God, the Exalted."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, islam25 said:

Mr in Islamic principle Allah's essence and Attributes is not separate,it is one unity.

May be following paragraph from Mohhamad Hussain Tabtabie (top most sholar of Qum and Author  of Al Mizaan)will helpp you understand.

"At this stage, it may happen that the wayfarer suddenly observes all the world's existents as constituting a single act of knowledge, or he may find that there is no power except a single power. This is at the stage of witnessing (shuhad) the Attributes. But in the stage of witnessing (shuhud) the Names, which is still a higher one, the wayfarer observes that in all the worlds there is but one knower, and one powerful being, and one living being. And this phase of the stage of perception of Attributes, which appears at the plane of the heart, is nobler and more perfect:

لِانَّ السَّالِكَ يُصْبِحُ وَلَا يَرَى قادِراً وَلَا عالِمًا وَلَا حَيًاً سِوَى اللهِ تَعالَى

Because the wayfarer reaches a point where he does not see any power, knowledge, and life except those of God, the Exalted."

In the Hadith of Imam Ali a.s about Allah  he says “attributes do not define Him with due respect.” 

If we say Allah’s creation is His manifestation then what Christians say about Jesus that he was half man and God at he same time would be supporte. 

Then thing that I don’t understand is how can a man made thing be manifestation of Allah?? Is it due to the materials that’s used? What if the materials that are used are man made such as the carpets ? it’s a bunch of chemicals. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

In the Hadith of Imam Ali a.s about Allah  he says “attributes do not define Him with due respect.” 

If we say Allah’s creation is His manifestation then what Christians say about Jesus that he was half man and God at he same time would be supporte. 

Then thing that I don’t understand is how can a man made thing be manifestation of Allah?? Is it due to the materials that’s used? What if the materials that are used are man made such as the carpets ? it’s a bunch of chemicals. 

Mr  I think you have not read the paragraph that posted from Mohhamad Hussain Tabtabie.

Everything this is Allah's manifestation and is clearly from Quranic source.

Imam Khomeini says"infact there's no existent other than Allah.

It is not their personal view but having backing of traditions and Qur'an

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×