mn05

Prophet Muhammad (عليه السلام) becoming a Prophet

Rate this topic

This is the Shi’a belief about Prophet Muhammad (sawaw):

Qur’an tells us about Prophet Muhammad (sawaw) that he was the first Muslim. Explanation of this ayat is the Hadith that is posted above about Adam being in the clay and water stage. Spiritually our Prophet was the first Muslim (submitter) to God before anything else was there since the ayat below is not time-bound. 

“No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims." (6:163)

All the Prophets that came physically on this earth, before the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sawaw) were also Muslims as Qur'an testifies, so the designation of Muslim is also not new:

“Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, when he said to his sons, "What will you worship after me?" They said, "We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac - one God. And we are Muslims to Him." (2:133)

Combining the two ayaat of Qur’an (and numerous others, 45 at least), Prophet Muhammad (sawaw) was the first creation and the first Muslim in other realms. He was then born as the Last Messenger of God on earth. 

For more info., you could refer to my book here: Prophet Muhammad (A Young Adult's Guide to the Early History of Islam) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXLVH8J/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_i_l.lpCbEYDW90K

36 minutes ago, AMR5 said:

This is the Shi’a belief about Prophet Muhammad (sawaw):

Qur’an tells us about Prophet Muhammad (sawaw) that he was the first Muslim. Explanation of this ayat is the Hadith that is posted above about Adam being in the clay and water stage. Spiritually our Prophet was the first Muslim (submitter) to God before anything else was there since the ayat below is not time-bound. 

“No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, and I am the first of the Muslims." (6:163)

All the Prophets that came physically on this earth, before the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sawaw) were also Muslims as Qur'an testifies, so the designation of Muslim is also not new:

“Or were you witnesses when death approached Jacob, when he said to his sons, "What will you worship after me?" They said, "We will worship your God and the God of your fathers, Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac - one God. And we are Muslims to Him." (2:133)

Combining the two ayaat of Qur’an (and numerous others, 45 at least), Prophet Muhammad (sawaw) was the first creation and the first Muslim in other realms. He was then born as the Last Messenger of God on earth. 

For more info., you could refer to my book here: Prophet Muhammad (A Young Adult's Guide to the Early History of Islam) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KXLVH8J/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_api_i_l.lpCbEYDW90K

Salaam you said that he was the "first creation" and it seems like you are saying he was a Prophet from birth but from the Qur'an it seems like he wasn't? Can you explain to me this verse 

Surah Duha, Verses 6-11

أَلَمْ يَجِدْكَ يَتِيمًا فَآوَى

وَوَجَدَكَ ضَالًّا فَهَدَى

وَوَجَدَكَ عَائِلًا فَأَغْنَى

فَأَمَّا الْيَتِيمَ فَلَا تَقْهَرْ

وَأَمَّا السَّائِلَ فَلَا تَنْهَرْ

وَأَمَّا بِنِعْمَةِ رَبِّكَ فَحَدِّثْ

6. “Did He not find you an orphan and sheltered (you)?"
7. “And He found you wandering and guided (you).”
8. “And He found you in need and made you free of need.”
9. “Therefore treat not the orphans with harshness,"
10. “And for the one who asks, repulse not,"
11. “And as for the Bounties of your Lord, do proclaim (it).”     

I have read "you" refers to the holy Prophet and seems like he became a Prophet later on. 

Surah Sad - Verses 69-70

مَا كَانَ لِيَ مِنْ عِلْمٍ بِالْمَلأِ الأَعْلَي إِذْ يَخْتَصِمُونَ

إِن يُوحَي إِلَيَّ إِلآَّ أَنَّمَآ أَنَاْ نَذِيرٌ مُبِينٌ

69. “I had no knowledge of the High Council when they disputed.”
70. “Naught is revealed to me save that I am a clear Warner.”

I have read that this verse is talking about the creation of Adam a.s, but here the Prophet is telling them that he wasn't even there so how can he be created first when he wasn't even present at that time? 

36 minutes ago, mn05 said:

Salaam you said that he was the "first creation" and it seems like you are saying he was a Prophet from birth but from the Qur'an it seems like he wasn't? Can you explain to me this verse 

Surah Duha, Verses 6-11

I have read "you" refers to the holy Prophet and seems like he became a Prophet later on. 

Surah Sad - Verses 69-70

مَا كَانَ لِيَ مِنْ عِلْمٍ بِالْمَلأِ الأَعْلَي إِذْ يَخْتَصِمُونَ

إِن يُوحَي إِلَيَّ إِلآَّ أَنَّمَآ أَنَاْ نَذِيرٌ مُبِينٌ

69. “I had no knowledge of the High Council when they disputed.”
70. “Naught is revealed to me save that I am a clear Warner.”

I have read that this verse is talking about the creation of Adam a.s, but here the Prophet is telling them that he wasn't even there so how can he be created first when he wasn't even present at that time? 

W’salam-

Could you tell me where in Sura Duha 6-11, Allah says he was “not a Prophet”?

Sura Sa’ad 69-70 is the proof that Prophet Muhammad (sawaw) is not God and has no Omnipresense attribute (he is a creation and can not be everywhere), neither he is like God with the attribute of Al-‘Alim (whose immense  knowledge doesn’t increase or decrease due to time or events). Thanks for posting this. It still doesn’t negate what I posted above from Qur’an too.

See if you don’t put the correct perspective and  context to Qur’an, you could end up thinking of finding contradictions in it, and God Himself says there are no contradictions in it.

59 minutes ago, AMR5 said:

W’salam-

Could you tell me where in Sura Duha 6-11, Allah says he was “not a Prophet”?

Sura Sa’ad 69-70 is the proof that Prophet Muhammad (sawaw) is not God and has no Omnipresense attribute (he is a creation and can not be everywhere), neither he is like God with the attribute of Al-‘Alim (whose immense  knowledge doesn’t increase or decrease due to time or events). Thanks for posting this. It still doesn’t negate what I posted above from Qur’an too.

See if you don’t put the correct perspective and  context to Qur’an, you could end up thinking of finding contradictions in it, and God Himself says there are no contradictions in it.

Surah Duha verse 7 “And He found you wandering and guided (you).” How can he be a Prophet if he was wandering on? This verse must mean that he became a Prophet later on.  This verse is talking about at that time he was the first Muslim from among his own tribe. No partner has He. And this I have beencommanded, and I am the first of the Muslims." (6:163)  There are many verses in the Qur'an where Allah s.w.t addresses the holy Prophet that you were not there or present during previous Prophets times so how can he a.s be the first creation when he a.s wasn't even there? 

How does the mentioning of guidance negate him being a Prophet before all others? In this matter all Prophets are always continuously guided by only Allah. Only Allah guides.

these are not mutually exclusive. They reinforce the idea that there is only One God and only he sustains. Likewise only he can guide the Prophet who is a messenger. 

Please don’t try to find a way to fit your narrative. If you have a bias then the Qur'an can never make sense, and it only becomes a tool to justify your wrong ideas. He was the first creation. Unparalleled is the proof for it. 

If you’re honestly curious and don’t know. The posts before should suffice 

Guest Non-Sectarian
1 hour ago, Ralvi said:

How does the mentioning of guidance negate him being a Prophet before all others? In this matter all Prophets are always continuously guided by only Allah. Only Allah guides.

these are not mutually exclusive. They reinforce the idea that there is only One God and only he sustains. Likewise only he can guide the Prophet who is a messenger. 

Please don’t try to find a way to fit your narrative. If you have a bias then the Qur'an can never make sense, and it only becomes a tool to justify your wrong ideas. He was the first creation. Unparalleled is the proof for it. 

I think the problem is that the Qur'an uses the word ضال to describe the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, not so much the guidance/هدى part.  So how can he صلى الله عليه وسلم be a Prophet and ضال simultaneously?

As far as the first "first of the Muslims" well here is a verse which Allah describes Musa عليه السلام as the first of the Believers (7:143) And when Musa (Moses) came at the time and place appointed by Us, and his Lord (Allah) spoke to him; he said: "O my Lord! Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon You." Allah said: "You cannot see Me, but look upon the mountain; if it stands still in its place then you shall see Me." So when his Lord appeared to the mountain , He made it collapse to dust, and Musa (Moses) fell down unconscious. Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers."

1 hour ago, Ralvi said:

What? How come God tells his Prophet that you weren't there for the events of other Prophets if he is the first creation? How come God tell his Prophet that you were wandering and then God guided you. How can someone be a Prophet if that person him self is lost? It doesn't make sense. Allah swt tells us to use our reasoning and ponder over the holy Qur'an. I'm not being "bias." If the holy Prophet was the first creation, then he would have witnessed everything, but he didn't so thats way God is telling the holy Prophet that you weren't there for the events of the other Prophets. 

Surah al-Shura - Verses 52 - 53

وَكَذَلِكَ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ رُوحاً مِنْ أَمْرِنَا مَا كُنْتَ تَدْرِي مَا الْكِتَابُ وَلا الْأِيمَانُ وَلَكِنْ جَعَلْنَاهُ نُوراً نَهْدِي بِهِ مَنْ نَشَاءُ مِنْ عِبَادِنَا وَإِنَّكَ لَتَهْدِي إِلَی صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ

صِرَاطِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ أَلا إِلَی اللَّهِ تَصِيرُ الْأُمُورُ

52. And thus We have sent to you a Revelation of Our Command [the Holy Qur’an]. You knew not what the Book is, nor what the faith. But We have made it [the Qur’an] a Light wherewith We guide whosoever of Our slaves We will. And verily, you [O Muhammad] are indeed guiding [people] to the Straight Path.
53. The Path of Allah to Whom belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. Verily, all matters at the end go to Allah.

"You knew not what the Book is, nor what the faith" like I said before its seems like he became a Prophet later on in his life. 

24 minutes ago, Guest Non-Sectarian said:

I think the problem is that the Qur'an uses the word ضال to describe the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, not so much the guidance/هدى part.  So how can he صلى الله عليه وسلم be a Prophet and ضال simultaneously?

As far as the first "first of the Muslims" well here is a verse which Allah describes Musa عليه السلام as the first of the Believers (7:143) And when Musa (Moses) came at the time and place appointed by Us, and his Lord (Allah) spoke to him; he said: "O my Lord! Show me (Yourself), that I may look upon You." Allah said: "You cannot see Me, but look upon the mountain; if it stands still in its place then you shall see Me." So when his Lord appeared to the mountain , He made it collapse to dust, and Musa (Moses) fell down unconscious. Then when he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to You, I turn to You in repentance and I am the first of the believers."

" I think the problem is that the Qur'an uses the word ضال to describe the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, not so much the guidance/هدى part.  So how can he صلى الله عليه وسلم be a Prophet and ضال simultaneously?"  Yes you understand what I'm saying. 

51 minutes ago, mn05 said:

What? How come God tells his Prophet that you weren't there for the events of other Prophets if he is the first creation? How come God tell his Prophet that you were wandering and then God guided you. How can someone be a Prophet if that person him self is lost? It doesn't make sense. Allah swt tells us to use our reasoning and ponder over the holy Qur'an. I'm not being "bias." If the holy Prophet was the first creation, then he would have witnessed everything, but he didn't so thats way God is telling the holy Prophet that you weren't there for the events of the other Prophets. 

Surah al-Shura - Verses 52 - 53

وَكَذَلِكَ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ رُوحاً مِنْ أَمْرِنَا مَا كُنْتَ تَدْرِي مَا الْكِتَابُ وَلا الْأِيمَانُ وَلَكِنْ جَعَلْنَاهُ نُوراً نَهْدِي بِهِ مَنْ نَشَاءُ مِنْ عِبَادِنَا وَإِنَّكَ لَتَهْدِي إِلَی صِرَاطٍ مُسْتَقِيمٍ

صِرَاطِ اللَّهِ الَّذِي لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ أَلا إِلَی اللَّهِ تَصِيرُ الْأُمُورُ

52. And thus We have sent to you a Revelation of Our Command [the Holy Qur’an]. You knew not what the Book is, nor what the faith. But We have made it [the Qur’an] a Light wherewith We guide whosoever of Our slaves We will. And verily, you [O Muhammad] are indeed guiding [people] to the Straight Path.
53. The Path of Allah to Whom belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. Verily, all matters at the end go to Allah.

"You knew not what the Book is, nor what the faith" like I said before its seems like he became a Prophet later on in his life. 

How is wandering akin to being lost? That’s your own definition into the word. We are misunderstanding the words here

to be guided and wandering, doenst mean one is ‘lost’? 

it merely points out Allah is here first and only he guides his creations, from the first to the last, he guides all

they don’t contradict my firnend

maybe @skyweb1987, @Salsabeel, and @Ashvazdanghe

can help us understand better 

1 hour ago, Guest Non-Sectarian said:

first of  the believers in the pharaohs rule 

not in creation nor in the first instance 

and we know momins are considered momins only if they accept the wilaya of Imam Ali(عليه السلام). Therefore Propeht Musa(عليه السلام) made that witness, just like all other Prophets 

Edited by Ralvi

34 minutes ago, Ralvi said:

How is wandering akin to being lost? That’s your own definition into the word. We are misunderstanding the words here

to be guided and wandering, doenst mean one is ‘lost’? 

it merely points out Allah is here first and only he guides his creations, from the first to the last, he guides all

they don’t contradict my firnend

maybe @skyweb1987, @Salsabeel, and @Ashvazdanghe

can help us understand better 

Yes he was guided but he wasn't born guided. Once God guided the holy Prophet then the holy Prophet guided us. 

2 minutes ago, mn05 said:

Yes he was guided but he wasn't born guided. Once God guided the holy Prophet then the holy Prophet guided us. 

yes and that guidance is knowledge and powers beyond our realm, because they are the closest and first creations. only Allah creates and inspires. this inspiration The Prophet was given is the guidance you can i can never achieve or have.

Prophet Muhammad (S) was a Prophet in the sight of Allah (s.w.t) when Prophet Ibrahim (عليه السلام) was praying to Him:

رَبَّنَا وَابْعَثْ فِيهِمْ رَسُولًا مِنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِكَ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ الْعَزِيزُ الْحَكِيمُ 
2:129)  Our Lord! and raise up in them a Messenger from among them who shall recite to them Thy communications and teach them the Book and the wisdom, and purify them; surely Thou art the Mighty, the Wise.

He was a Prophet in the sight of Allah (s.w.t) when Prophet Jesus (عليه السلام) was giving glad tidings to his nation:

وَإِذْ قَالَ عِيسَى ابْنُ مَرْيَمَ يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ إِنِّي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ إِلَيْكُمْ مُصَدِّقًا لِمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيَّ مِنَ التَّوْرَاةِ وَمُبَشِّرًا بِرَسُولٍ يَأْتِي مِنْ بَعْدِي اسْمُهُ أَحْمَدُ ۖ فَلَمَّا جَاءَهُمْ بِالْبَيِّنَاتِ قَالُوا هَٰذَا سِحْرٌ مُبِينٌ
61:6) And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the messenger of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Messenger who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic.

He was a Prophet in the sight of Allah (s.w.t) when Allah (s.w.t) took the covenant from all the Prophets:

وَإِذْ أَخَذَ اللَّهُ مِيثَاقَ النَّبِيِّينَ لَمَا آتَيْتُكُمْ مِنْ كِتَابٍ وَحِكْمَةٍ ثُمَّ جَاءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ مُصَدِّقٌ لِمَا مَعَكُمْ لَتُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهِ وَلَتَنْصُرُنَّهُ ۚ قَالَ أَأَقْرَرْتُمْ وَأَخَذْتُمْ عَلَىٰ ذَٰلِكُمْ إِصْرِي ۖ قَالُوا أَقْرَرْنَا ۚ قَالَ فَاشْهَدُوا وَأَنَا مَعَكُمْ مِنَ الشَّاهِدِينَ 
3:81) When Allah made (His) covenant with the Prophets, (He said): Behold that which I have given you of the Scripture and knowledge. And afterward there will come unto you a messenger, confirming that which ye possess. Ye shall believe in him and ye shall help him. He said: Do ye agree, and will ye take up My burden (which I lay upon you) in this (matter)? They answered: We agree. He said: Then bear ye witness. I will be a witness with you.

All these verses are pointing towards the "Haqeeqat-e-Muhammadiyah" from which most of the Muslims are either unaware of or either unable to comprehend that. 

And what else is clearer than the verse of Chapter 62: 

هُوَ الَّذِي بَعَثَ فِي الْأُمِّيِّينَ رَسُولًا مِنْهُمْ
62:2) He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca a Messenger from among themselves,

It is not said that Allah has raised a man among the people of Mecca and made him the Prophet. Prophet was a Prophet from the very beginning, and yes he was a Prophet when Adam (a.s) was between the state of water & clay. 

Another hadith of Prophet (S) is the one where he said: Awwalo ma khalaq Allaho noori. 

@Ralvi, I hope these comments would help you. 

As for the verse of Chapter 93:
وَوَجَدَكَ ضَالًّا فَهَدَىٰ

Daal here does not mean he was misguided and then guided. Daal here means that he was not recognized by the people and that is how our Imams have interpreted this verse.

Edited by Salsabeel

6 hours ago, Guest Non-Sectarian said:

If you search the verses of Qur'an for finding the answer of this question, you will get to the answer. Here is a verse which mentions something important for your above quoted line of argument:

هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَىٰ وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْمُشْرِكُونَ 
9:33) He it is Who sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, that He might cause it to prevail over all religions, though the polytheists may be averse.

هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَى وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ 
48:28)  He it is Who sent His Messenger with the guidance and the true religion that He may make it prevail over all the religions;

هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَىٰ وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْمُشْرِكُونَ
61:9)  He it is Who sent His Messenger with the guidance and the true religion, that He may make it overcome the religions, all of them, though the polytheists may be averse.

Every word of these verses are a shining light, "Arsala" alone is sufficient, then comes "Rasoolahu" then "bilhuda". 

Now those who want to interpret on their own the meaning of daal as "lost", I would like to ask from them have they looked at the 3rd verse of the same chapter:

مَا وَدَّعَكَ رَبُّكَ وَمَا قَلَىٰ
93:3) Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor has He become displeased

So how is that when his lord has not forsaken him, he becomes "lost"? Whatever would be your answer to this question, just match that answer with the following divine words:
وَاصْبِرْ لِحُكْمِ رَبِّكَ فَإِنَّكَ بِأَعْيُنِنَا
52:48) And wait patiently for the command of your Lord, for surely you are before Our eyes

10 hours ago, mn05 said:

There are many verses in the Qur'an where Allah s.w.t addresses the holy Prophet that you were not there or present during previous Prophets times so how can he a.s be the first creation when he a.s wasn't even there? 

Salam , it means he wasn't as a physical being there but his light & light of Imam Ali(عليه السلام) was passing from one Prophet to other Prophet until Prophet Muhammad (pbu) born & their light separated from each other also it mentions that he doesn't learn their story from other person other than Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) that people in his time & future don't calim that he learned all of it from other people then combined it as holy Qur'an 

5 hours ago, mn05 said:

he & Ahlulbayt (عليه السلام) teach all other creation that how to pray so he & Ahlulbay (عليه السلام) were guided from born same as Prophet Isa (عليه السلام) that declared his Prophet hood when  he born .

6 hours ago, mn05 said:

" I think the problem is that the Qur'an uses the word ضال to describe the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم, not so much the guidance/هدى part.  So how can he صلى الله عليه وسلم be a Prophet and ضال simultaneously?"  Yes you understand what I'm saying. 

the Arabic words has more than one meaning that mentions  in translations also many of these meaning lost in current Arabic because of weakening by Saudis purposely so that people accept only their interpretation that is very primitive & based on touching with our physical scenes 

The meaning of misguidance here is that if God did not honored him with guidance, he was astray, but God gave them this blessing and, accordingly, did not go astray.

Tabatabaei, Seyyed Mohammad Hussein, Al-Mizan Fi Tafsir Al-Qur'an, vol 20, p. 310, Qom, Islamic Publications Office, Fifth Edition, 1417 AD.

None of these recommendations suggests that the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) has in the past been opposed to what was said in these verses, but it means that this proper way must continue with strength and power, as in the first verse of Sura Al-Ahzab That "أيها النبي اتق الله"; you the Prophet! Take virtue!And this does not mean that His Holiness was not a pious person in the past.

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fa&tl=en&you=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.islamquest.net%2Ffa%2Farchive%2Fquestion%2Ffa52282

http://www.islamquest.net/fa/archive/question/fa52282

13 hours ago, mn05 said:

orphan means that nobody was like him before &nobody will be like him after that 

he was wandering because people didn't listen to him or accept him as it said in all Shia & Sunni books that he was traveled to many cities for talking & spreading Islam that at last people of Medina accepted his words  that it was Allah mercy that people accepted him 

needy  means Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) through lady Khadijah (sa) made him rich 

in last three verses it started by فَأَمَّا that is for conclusion so it talks with us too not just Prophet (pbu) to act with kindness with orphans & needy people & express Mercy of Allah toward us to other people

http://Qur'an.anhar.ir/tafsir-14575.htm

On commenting about these verses, there is a tradition from Imam Ali-ibnMusa-ar-Riza (S) who said:

'Did He not find you an orphan or a unique person among His creatures and sheltered people with you; and He found you wandering or unknown among the people who did not know your greatness and then He led them to you; and He found you as a custodian for them from the point of knowledge and made them free of need by you.”8

• 8. Majma'-al-Bayan, vol. 10, p. 506.

https://www.al-Islam.org/enlightening-commentary-light-holy-Qur'an-vol-20/surah-duha-chapter-93#surah-duha-verses-6-11

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

1 hour ago, Salsabeel said:

And what else is clearer than the verse of Chapter 62: 

هُوَ الَّذِي بَعَثَ فِي الْأُمِّيِّينَ رَسُولًا مِنْهُمْ
62:2) He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca a Messenger from among themselves,

It is not said that Allah has raised a man among the people of Mecca and made him the Prophet. Prophet was a Prophet from the very beginning, and yes he was a Prophet when Adam (a.s) was between the state of water & clay. 

Another hadith of Prophet (S) is the one where he said: Awwalo ma khalaq Allaho noori. 

@Ralvi, I hope these comments would help you. 

As for the verse of Chapter 93:
وَوَجَدَكَ ضَالًّا فَهَدَىٰ

Daal here does not mean he was misguided and then guided. Daal here means that he was not recognized by the people and that is how our Imams have interpreted this verse.

Exactly my friend!! Yes! Thank you! subhanallah! :’-)

i couldn’t properly articulate so thank you!

Edited by Ralvi

1 hour ago, Salsabeel said:

If you search the verses of Qur'an for finding the answer of this question, you will get to the answer. Here is a verse which mentions something important for your above quoted line of argument:

9:33) He it is Who sent His Messenger with guidance and the religion of truth, that He might cause it to prevail over all religions, though the polytheists may be averse.

هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَى وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ 
48:28)  He it is Who sent His Messenger with the guidance and the true religion that He may make it prevail over all the religions;

61:9)  He it is Who sent His Messenger with the guidance and the true religion, that He may make it overcome the religions, all of them, though the polytheists may be averse.

Every word of these verses are a shining light, "Arsala" alone is sufficient, then comes "Rasoolahu" then "bilhuda". 

Now those who want to interpret on their own the meaning of daal as "lost", I would like to ask from them have they looked at the 3rd verse of the same chapter:

مَا وَدَّعَكَ رَبُّكَ وَمَا قَلَىٰ
93:3) Your Lord has not forsaken you, nor has He become displeased

So how is that when his lord has not forsaken him, he becomes "lost"? Whatever would be your answer to this question, just match that answer with the following divine words:
وَاصْبِرْ لِحُكْمِ رَبِّكَ فَإِنَّكَ بِأَعْيُنِنَا
52:48) And wait patiently for the command of your Lord, for surely you are before Our eyes

Bless you my brother! Mashallah. These verses are so poignant and beautiful. So obvious so clear. I can’t wait to get to read them again...

42 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

orphan means that nobody was like him before &nobody will be like him after that 

he was wandering because people didn't listen to him or accept him as it said in all Shia & Sunni books that he was traveled to many cities for talking & spreading Islam that at last people of Medina accepted his words  that it was Allah mercy that people accepted him 

needy  means Allah (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) through lady Khadijah (sa) made him rich 

in last three verses it started by فَأَمَّا that is for conclusion so it talks with us too not just Prophet (pbu) to act with kindness with orphans & needy people & express Mercy of Allah toward us to other people

http://Qur'an.anhar.ir/tafsir-14575.htm

Thank you yes exactly! 

14 hours ago, mn05 said:

What? How come God tells his Prophet that you weren't there for the events of other Prophets if he is the first creation? 

1.  Our Prophet and the Imams (عليه السلام) are  Allah's first creation:

Narrated in Ma'ani Al-Akhbar through a reliable chain, Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said:

Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and Ali (عليه السلام) existed in the form of light with Allah for 2,000 years before He created any of the creation.  When the angels saw this light they observed it had an origin and a brilliant ray had branched out from it.  The Angels asked: "Our lord and master, what is this light?" the Almighty made known to them: "This light is from my light.  It's origin is Prophet-hood and it's branch is Imamah (divinely appointed leadership).  The Prophet-hood is for Muhammad my servant and messenger, and the Imamah is for Ali my proof and authority.  If not for them I would not have created any of my creation."

Narrated in Ma'ani Al-Akhbar through a reliable chain, Abu Dzar (رضي الله عنه) said

I heard the Messenger of Allah  say "Me and Ali (عليه السلام) were created from one light, praising Allah on the right side of the throne 2,000 years before Adam (عليه السلام) was created.  When Adam was created this light was placed in his loin.  He (Adam) lived in paradise while we (our light) were in his loins.  He was troubled by his mistake while we (our light) was in his loins.  Noah (عليه السلام) set-up on the ship as we (out light) was in his loins.  Ibrahim (عليه السلام) was thrown in the fire as we (our lights) was in his loins. God kept carrying us forward from pure loins to pure wombs until we reached Abd Al-Muttalib and He divided us into two parts.  He placed me in the loins of Abd Allah and he placed Ali in the loins of Abu Talib.  He placed in me Prophet-hood and benediction, and placed in Ali eloquence and knighthood.  He cleaved out of his name two names for us, the possessor of the throne is deserving of praise (Mahmoud) and I am Muhammad, and Allah is the highest (Al-A'la) and this (person here) is Ali.

Narrated in Al-Kafi, Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام) said:

Allah said: "Oh Muhammad, I created you and Ali in the form of Light, meaning spirits without a (physical) body before I created my heavens and earth, and my throne and my oceans.  As you praise and Glorify Me, then I gathered your spirits and joined them as one. It (the spirit) continued to glorify Me, sanctify Me, and Praise Me.  Then I divided it (the spirit) into two and further divided the two parts into two until it became four.  Muhammad one, Ali one, Al-Hassan and Al-Hussain two, then Allah created Fatimah from light."  He initiated her spirit without a (physical body), then we Praised (Him) at His right hand and he established His light within us.

2.  The Prophet was not present in this earth physically when he was in form of  ight / Nur created by Allah swt . The matter is simple to understand.

Edited by skyweb1987

Salaam my question is when did our last Prophet become a Prophet? Did he become a Prophet from birth or later on?

وَإِذْ أَخَذَ اللَّهُ مِيثَاقَ النَّبِيِّينَ لَمَا آتَيْتُكُمْ مِنْ كِتَابٍ وَحِكْمَةٍ ثُمَّ جَاءَكُمْ رَسُولٌ مُصَدِّقٌ لِمَا مَعَكُمْ لَتُؤْمِنُنَّ بِهِ وَلَتَنْصُرُنَّهُ ۚ قَالَ أَأَقْرَرْتُمْ وَأَخَذْتُمْ عَلَىٰ ذَٰلِكُمْ إِصْرِي ۖ قَالُوا أَقْرَرْنَا ۚ قَالَ فَاشْهَدُوا وَأَنَا مَعَكُمْ مِنَ الشَّاهِدِينَ {81}

[Pickthal 3:81] When Allah made (His) covenant with the Prophets, (He said): Behold that which I have given you of the Scripture and knowledge. And afterward there will come unto you a messenger, confirming that which ye possess. Ye shall believe in him and ye shall help him. He said: Do ye agree, and will ye take up My burden (which I lay upon you) in this (matter)? They answered: We agree. He said: Then bear ye witness. I will be a witness with you.

وَأَوْحَيْنَا إِلَىٰ أُمِّ مُوسَىٰ أَنْ أَرْضِعِيهِ ۖ فَإِذَا خِفْتِ عَلَيْهِ فَأَلْقِيهِ فِي الْيَمِّ وَلَا تَخَافِي وَلَا تَحْزَنِي ۖ إِنَّا رَادُّوهُ إِلَيْكِ وَجَاعِلُوهُ مِنَ الْمُرْسَلِينَ {7}

[Pickthal 28:7] And We inspired the mother of Moses, saying: Suckle him and, when thou fearest for him, then cast him into the river and fear not nor grieve. Lo! We shall bring him back unto thee and shall make him (one) of Our messengers.

إِذْ قَالَتِ امْرَأَتُ عِمْرَانَ رَبِّ إِنِّي نَذَرْتُ لَكَ مَا فِي بَطْنِي مُحَرَّرًا فَتَقَبَّلْ مِنِّي ۖ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ السَّمِيعُ الْعَلِيمُ {35}

[Pickthal 3:35] (Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower!

فَلَمَّا وَضَعَتْهَا قَالَتْ رَبِّ إِنِّي وَضَعْتُهَا أُنْثَىٰ وَاللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا وَضَعَتْ وَلَيْسَ الذَّكَرُ كَالْأُنْثَىٰ ۖ وَإِنِّي سَمَّيْتُهَا مَرْيَمَ وَإِنِّي أُعِيذُهَا بِكَ وَذُرِّيَّتَهَا مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيمِ {36}

[Pickthal 3:36] And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female - Allah knew best of what she was delivered - the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast.

فَتَقَبَّلَهَا رَبُّهَا بِقَبُولٍ حَسَنٍ وَأَنْبَتَهَا نَبَاتًا حَسَنًا وَكَفَّلَهَا زَكَرِيَّا ۖ كُلَّمَا دَخَلَ عَلَيْهَا زَكَرِيَّا الْمِحْرَابَ وَجَدَ عِنْدَهَا رِزْقًا ۖ قَالَ يَا مَرْيَمُ أَنَّىٰ لَكِ هَٰذَا ۖ قَالَتْ هُوَ مِنْ عِنْدِ اللَّهِ ۖ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَرْزُقُ مَنْ يَشَاءُ بِغَيْرِ حِسَابٍ {37}

[Pickthal 3:37] And her Lord accepted her with full acceptance and vouchsafed to her a goodly growth; and made Zachariah her guardian. Whenever Zachariah went into the sanctuary where she was, he found that she had food. He said: O Mary! Whence cometh unto thee this (food)? She answered: It is from Allah. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will.

يَا زَكَرِيَّا إِنَّا نُبَشِّرُكَ بِغُلَامٍ اسْمُهُ يَحْيَىٰ لَمْ نَجْعَلْ لَهُ مِنْ قَبْلُ سَمِيًّا {7}

[Pickthal 19:7] (It was said unto him): O Zachariah! Lo! We bring thee tidings of a son whose name is John; we have given the same name to none before (him).

يَا يَحْيَىٰ خُذِ الْكِتَابَ بِقُوَّةٍ ۖ وَآتَيْنَاهُ الْحُكْمَ صَبِيًّا {12}

[Pickthal 19:12] (And it was said unto his son): O John! Hold fast the Scripture. And we gave him wisdom when a child,

وَحَنَانًا مِنْ لَدُنَّا وَزَكَاةً ۖ وَكَانَ تَقِيًّا {13}

[Pickthal 19:13] And compassion from Our presence, and purity; and he was devout,

وَبَرًّا بِوَالِدَيْهِ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ جَبَّارًا عَصِيًّا {14}

[Pickthal 19:14] And dutiful toward his parents. And he was not arrogant, rebellious.

وَسَلَامٌ عَلَيْهِ يَوْمَ وُلِدَ وَيَوْمَ يَمُوتُ وَيَوْمَ يُبْعَثُ حَيًّا {15}

[Pickthal 19:15] Peace on him the day he was born, and the day he dieth and the day he shall be raised alive!

يَا أُخْتَ هَارُونَ مَا كَانَ أَبُوكِ امْرَأَ سَوْءٍ وَمَا كَانَتْ أُمُّكِ بَغِيًّا {28}

[Pickthal 19:28] O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot.

فَأَشَارَتْ إِلَيْهِ ۖ قَالُوا كَيْفَ نُكَلِّمُ مَنْ كَانَ فِي الْمَهْدِ صَبِيًّا {29}

[Pickthal 19:29] Then she pointed to him. They said: How can we talk to one who is in the cradle, a young boy?

قَالَ إِنِّي عَبْدُ اللَّهِ آتَانِيَ الْكِتَابَ وَجَعَلَنِي نَبِيًّا {30}

[Pickthal 19:30] He spake: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet,

وَجَعَلَنِي مُبَارَكًا أَيْنَ مَا كُنْتُ وَأَوْصَانِي بِالصَّلَاةِ وَالزَّكَاةِ مَا دُمْتُ حَيًّا {31}

[Pickthal 19:31] And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and hath enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive,

22 hours ago, mn05 said:

If anyone can provide me with Shia hadiths that will be well appreciated. 

Why the Almighty Allah ordered angels to prostrate before Adam (a.s.)?

It is narrated from Muhammad bin Musa bin Mutawakkil from Muhammad bin Abu Abdullah al-Kufi from Muhammad bin Ismail Barmaki from Ja’far bin Abdullah al-Kufi from Hasan bin Saeed from Muhammad bin Ziyad from Aiman bin Muhriz from Imam Ja’far Sadiq (a.s.) that he said:

“The Almighty Allah told the names of all His proofs to Adam. Then he displayed the soul of Adam to the angels and said: Tell me the names of those people if you are truly more worthy of becoming a caliph on this earth for you are praising Me. All the angels replied: You are pure for we do not have any knowledge except what You taught us. Surely, you are all-knowing and wise. The Almighty Allah asked Adam to tell the names of those persons and he did. The angels became aware of the status of those personalities near Allah.

https://www.al-Islam.org/kamaaluddin-wa-tamaamun-nima-vol-1-shaykh-saduq/introduction#why-almighty-Allah-ordered-angels-prostrate-adam