Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
yusuf44a

how do Shia feel about the nation of Islam

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, BowTie said:

Brother, NOI have nothing to do with Islam & Africa. :verryhappy:

 

I must respectfully disagree with you there brother. If you read the complete historical beginnings of NOI sect you will realise that they wanted to nurture inside the African-American community a sense of pride in BEING FROM AFRICA. their creeds and all was imagination no doubt but they also wanted them to feel PROUD IN BEING FROM AFRICA. Why they chose Morocco of all places as their supposed original birthplace is because the founder of the Nation of Islam was actually from Morocco (whether he was an Arab or a Berber I have no clue but he was an immigrant from Morocco) Deen Muhammad or something like that so the earliest teachings of the Nation of Islam was that they were Afro-Asiatics from the tribe of "Shabazz" and that they were originally Muslims, it was all pure fiction and imagination but it was also 100% effective in beginning to instill some sense of human pride in their converts such as Malcolm X and others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gabenowa said:

I must respectfully disagree with you there brother. If you read the complete historical beginnings of NOI sect you will realise that they wanted to nurture inside the African-American community a sense of pride in BEING FROM AFRICA. their creeds and all was imagination no doubt but they also wanted them to feel PROUD IN BEING FROM AFRICA. Why they chose Morocco of all places as their supposed original birthplace is because the founder of the Nation of Islam was actually from Morocco (whether he was an Arab or a Berber I have no clue but he was an immigrant from Morocco) Deen Muhammad or something like that so the earliest teachings of the Nation of Islam was that they were Afro-Asiatics from the tribe of "Shabazz" and that they were originally Muslims, it was all pure fiction and imagination but it was also 100% effective in beginning to instill some sense of human pride in their converts such as Malcolm X and others.

No mate you got the understanding of NOI aaaaaaalllll wrong. None of the info stated about NOI is correct. I suggest to watch a documentary or conduct a research :book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BowTie said:

None of the info stated about NOI is correct.

as i researched it started with good intention as said above to back pride to African-Americans & fighting injustice but in process it's derivate from right pass to Black Racism & fictional beliefs that every new leader make it worser and it's new  branches are very terrible that one of leaders of new branches calls himself as "Son of Man" as Saviour of humanity but what he spreads  is just mixing of religions wrong beliefs in order to his fans pray him like a God ,mr  Luis Farakhan  connection to Iran is just political because NOI still thrives for Justice but nobody in Iran believes to him that everybody just see him as a political figure with a weak connection to Sunni Islam that for unity & fighting with injustice sometimes he welcomes by political figures in Iran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BowTie said:

No mate you got the understanding of NOI aaaaaaalllll wrong. None of the info stated about NOI is correct. I suggest to watch a documentary or conduct a research :book:

I read a book many years back, I guess I read a book that misinformed me. NOI only mattered when Malcolm X was there, he took them from a couple of cities to nationwide presence. After he left and the subsequent hit on his life, it degenerated to what it is today. It only exists as monument and of nothiing with substance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

as i researched it started with good intention as said above to back pride to African-Americans & fighting injustice but in process it's derivate from right pass to Black Racism & fictional beliefs that every new leader make it worser and it's new  branches are very terrible that one of leaders of new branches calls himself as "Son of Man" as Saviour of humanity but what he spreads  is just mixing of religions wrong beliefs in order to his fans pray him like a God ,mr  Luis Farakhan  connection to Iran is just political because NOI still thrives for Justice but nobody in Iran believes to him that everybody just see him as a political figure with a weak connection to Sunni Islam that for unity & fighting with injustice sometimes he welcomes by political figures in Iran.

Louis Farrakhan had something to do with the death of Malcolm X and he was trained by Malcolm X. When Malcolm X predicted he was going to be killed he was quoted as saying: I know they going to kill me because I trained them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 9:20 PM, Gabenowa said:

Louis Farrakhan had something to do with the death of Malcolm X and he was trained by Malcolm X. When Malcolm X predicted he was going to be killed he was quoted as saying: I know they going to kill me because I trained them.

Salam do you know about Malcolm X’s grandson Malcolm Shabbaz who was his grandson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Salam do you know about Malcolm X’s grandson Malcolm Shabbaz who was his grandson?

Salaam, I know about him, but not in-depth. In fact Brother Adzavanghe was the one who alerted him to his existence or the fact that he was existing until his untimely death. I read something about him and I was touched when he said that his grandfather would have converted to Shia Islam because I believed that before I read what his grandson said. Infact a Moulana of AHUL-BAYT SOUTH Africa FOUNDATION delivered a lecture on Steve Biko (an anti-apartheid activist who was beat to death by the police of the regime) saying how Steve Biko was inspired by Imam Hussain (عليه السلام). I had no knowledge of that until that lecture. it touched me deeply to the point I havent actually watched the lecture because Im afraid of my own emotions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Brother Gabenowa,

I actually look forward to reading your posts.  

I know of two South Africans, one Charlize Theron and the second one Trevor Noah.  

I'm very happy to see you active here on ShiaChat, your contribution to the site, is a breath of fresh air!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...