Reza

#56 Do You Get Enough Exercise?

Poll #56  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Get Enough Exercise (per your definition)?

• Yes
    • No

On 1/13/2019 at 2:41 PM, Reza said:

Do You Get Enough Exercise?

Yes. I have been using a pedometer since April 9, 2010. Initially I thought it is ridiculous that anyone could walk 10,000 steps a day, and how would anyone have time to do that? But I have done it 3 times in 2016. Now that I live close enough to my workplace (since November 2018), I walk 10,000 steps at least 4 days a week. 

On 1/21/2019 at 9:00 AM, Lab Rat said:

I answered No but I'm really hoping that within a couple months I can be able to change my answer (does Shiachat allow that?)

You cannot edit your reply after the one hour time limit. You can always reply again (in the same thread) if you change your mind. :) 

On 1/23/2019 at 9:57 AM, notme said:

I go and go and go, but never get anywhere, like a treadmill. Does that count? 

Yes, definitely! Step by step, one after the other. :) 

I try to walk 500 steps every hour between 5:00 am and 5:00 pm (17:00). I know many people who sit a lot (office workers or students) and they are sedentary and prone to gaining weight. That's just natural due to their circumstances. 

If we want to go to Hajj or Ziyarat, we need to be able to walk a lot, so increasing our steps every day is a good thing. Of course people in wheelchairs can travel, may Allah bless them and ease their problems.  

I walk a lot, I think living in a city helps with this. 6km or one hour walk to work, although I don't do this every day I do still end up walking a good bit just getting around. I go to the gym too but I'm not very diligent about that. Cakes/chocolate/pastries/muffins these are my big weakness, but I got my cholesterol checked recently and it's fine so I can carry on munching those for another while.