aaljibar

Where leather comes from

Rate this topic

Asalamu alaykum dear brothers and sisters.

We all know of Sayyid Sistanis ruling that wearing leather bought in non-muslim countries in salat is permissible if we don't know whether they are islamic slaughter or not and that there is a possibility that it is islamically slaughtered. Provided it is not something that sensible people would ignore such as 2%.

My question is, 

Can we justify wearing leather belts from non-muslim markets in prayer because the manufacturers of the non-muslim companies could import the leather from muslim countries due to the cheaper alternative?

I suffer from this question and I would really appreciate an answer with this. My salat validity is on the line.

10 minutes ago, aaljibar said:

I suffer from this question and I would really appreciate an answer with this. My salat validity is on the line.

Why not take the belt off before wudhu and then put it on again after salat? 

29 minutes ago, aaljibar said:

Asalamu alaykum dear brothers and sisters.

We all know of Sayyid Sistanis ruling that wearing leather bought in non-muslim countries in salat is permissible if we don't know whether they are islamic slaughter or not and that there is a possibility that it is islamically slaughtered. Provided it is not something that sensible people would ignore such as 2%.

My question is, 

Can we justify wearing leather belts from non-muslim markets in prayer because the manufacturers of the non-muslim companies could import the leather from muslim countries due to the cheaper alternative?

:salam:

Not to mention this alternative is of high probability.

If there is a possibility that it was Islamically slaughtered, it is ruled as tahir.

If you are certain the belt was not Islamically slaughtered, the belt is najis.

If you doubt whether it is najis or tahir, you cannot pray with it unless you’re certain it’s tahir (according to Imam Khamenei)

If you prayed with it but you were ignorant of the ruling, your prayer is valid.

I am relaxed now because I firmly believe that manufactures would import leather from muslims countries. Or at least there is a reasonable probability they would do so. 

If you’re wearing leather, it most likely came from China, the world’s top leather exporter. In addition to the cattle, sheep, and other animals who are killed for leather in that country each year, an estimated 2 million cats and dogs are killed there annually for their skins.

Confined to wire cages in which they can barely move, these animals are skinned—sometimes while still alive—and hacked apart, piece by piece, until they bleed to death. Many items made from the skins of dogs and cats are bought unknowingly by consumers, because they’re often intentionally mislabeled and don’t accurately indicate their origins.