Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
WisdomAndAnswers

A Guys Point of View On Declining a Friend Request

Rate this topic

Salam, 

I have a question. I have a Facebook account for work related. I don’t have up close personal pictures otherwise if I did I won’t add guys. But I do add guys from work because I prefer to have them there rather than adding their numbers, it feels more personal having their numbers so I add them instead. 

There is a guy who really likes me at work, I would say almost obsessed. I like him but he just seems a bit Immature because he doesn’t know how to express his feelings. I don’t show my attraction by flirting or anything. I show it with my kindness and by having interesting topics to talk about. 

Somehow he was reccomened to me on Facebook even though we don’t have mutual friends. I decided to add him. An hour later he removes my friend request and removes the option of adding him. Honestly I was kinda hurt. I wondered why he would do a thing like that so I started to look into his Facebook and noticed he did have a pictures of him drinking alcohol and being in group settings with girls and guys, like some party thing.

A day before that he did try to get my attention at work and he did say by to me when he was done work. And so I thought of giving him a chance again. I am just confused about why he would decline a friend request. I do sometimes ignore him at work and he would try to get my attention....to me he seems very childish.

I’m embarrassed to show my face at work now and don’t even know how to react when I see him. So I would really like to read answers on why he would decline me so that I can be less awkward at work. I could have ignored him in general and not added him but I guess my heart can never ignore him completely. I know this whole scenerio is silly but the situation still bugs me.

Thanks everyone :)

W.salam

Don't take it too seriously.you have nothing to be embarrassed about.

You just said you add work colleagues on Facebook so if anything comes up you just tell him that you have other co workers added as well on facebook. No big deal. It's not your personal account.

Go to work, and make him understand that you r not bothered. Just ignore him and treat him like a normal colleague.

So after that if he is still interested in you he'll definitely do something about it. Don't mention the Facebook thing. But i know that for ppl on Facebook ,FB is a big deal...so take it as a sign if he declined your request take it as a NO.

I don't know about his reasons to decline though..maybe he is just a flirt..and wants to have that thing only at work and doesn't want to have anything to do with you after work.

And don't be harsh on yourself for a stupid guy...he is not worth it.

An update on what I found out so that other girls won’t fall into the same silly game trap. 

I found out he has a girlfriend so he got scared and it’s trying to hide his facebook from me. He doesn’t want to lose his chance with me. It’s disgusting and creepy.  

Everything is a learning experience alhamdulilah :)

2 hours ago, WisdomAndAnswers said:

I found out he has a girlfriend so he got scared and it’s trying to hide his facebook from me. He doesn’t want to lose his chance with me. It’s disgusting and creepy.  

Wow, what a loser. I'm glad you found out. 

40 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

His hiding his flaws sis don’t fall for him, show kindness but also be professional. 

That’s exactly it! I agree, we should always show kindness even if someone has wronged us. Although sometimes it can be very hard but Allah loves the patient ones :)

1 hour ago, WisdomAndAnswers said:

That’s exactly it! I agree, we should always show kindness even if someone has wronged us. Although sometimes it can be very hard but Allah loves the patient ones :)

This is tricky. If you're interested in him and thinking of a future with him then you should show kindness. If you want to avoid him because of his drinking habits, girlfriend, etc. you shouldn't show any kindness or rudeness just be normal. My two cents: don't fall for him. 

1 hour ago, WisdomAndAnswers said:

But that’s not a reason to give other people chances.(such as the guy you exposed) what I mean by that is when your at work show kindness to other people while still maintaining your professionalism.