In the Name of God بسم الله

Conversion to (Shia) Islam in Dublin

Guest NewToDublin

Guest NewToDublin

Hi there. 

I have a question regarding conversion to Shia Islam in Dublin. I recently moved here from one ex Yugoslav country. 

I am not a Muslim, but I spent a lot of time in my life reading about Islam (I've read Quran in my language and atm I'm reading it in English) and when I discovered Shia Islam I kind of felt for the first time in my life like this is something that is close to my personal religious beliefs. I grew up in Catholic country and I was forcefully baptized when I was young because my mother feared of our society (with the war and all that going on and my family being of particular political background), however since I was 8 I told my parents that I don't want to go to the church because of the hate that the church was preaching. Them being agnostic they respected it. However, I am not sure if I ever was an atheist. I just rejected the hate and materialism...

So, considering that I spent a lot of time searching for myself I would really like to discuss with an imam about certain questions etc and what does it really mean to be a Muslim... because I know theoretical stuff I read in books etc. However, I am kind of shy or I dunno in a way to approach a mosque etc. I am not sure how to contact it and I'd feel weird just to walk in... it is a big step. So I'd like to know if there are any Shia from Dublin that could help me with that i.e. advise me how to establish contact etc. 

Thank you.

• Advanced Member

You should go on the internet and look for an Ahl-Bayt foundation of Ireland (I wonder why I always misspell that House of the prophet) and there you will find the closest Islamic centre. 

• Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Guest NewToDublin said:

Hi there. 

I have a question regarding conversion to Shia Islam in Dublin. I recently moved here from one ex Yugoslav country. 

The following links may be helpful for information about Ahl albayt Islamic center in Dublin:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahlul_Bayt_Islamic_Centre

http://homepage.tinet.ie/~ahlulbyteassociation/

https://www.dublincityinterfaithforum.org/event/101/faith-in-the-city-ndash-ahlul-ndash-bayt-islamic-centre

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member
On 1/11/2019 at 11:56 PM, Guest NewToDublin said:

Hi there. 

I am not a Muslim, but I spent a lot of time in my life reading about Islam (I've read Quran in my language and atm I'm reading it in English) and when I discovered Shia Islam I kind of felt for the first time in my life like this is something that is close to my personal religious beliefs. I grew up in Catholic country and I was forcefully baptized when I was young because my mother feared of our society (with the war and all that going on and my family being of particular political background), however since I was 8 I told my parents that I don't want to go to the church because of the hate that the church was preaching. Them being agnostic they respected it. However, I am not sure if I ever was an atheist. I just rejected the hate and materialism...

So, considering that I spent a lot of time searching for myself I would really like to discuss with an imam about certain questions etc and what does it really mean to be a Muslim... because I know theoretical stuff I read in books etc. However, I am kind of shy or I dunno in a way to approach a mosque etc. I am not sure how to contact it and I'd feel weird just to walk in... it is a big step. So I'd like to know if there are any Shia from Dublin that could help me with that i.e. advise me how to establish contact etc. 

Thank you.

Bismillah.

Salam Brother

You can contact me, I live in Dublin.