Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Reza

Why do Good Things Happen to Bad People? (Discussions 2019, Week 2)

Rate this topic

Here it is:

It depends what that bad thing is

was it wrought from your own inability and bad decisions?

or is it something you can identify as testing you?

As salaamun aleikum, 

Im guessing it all fits under this ayatt somehow:

Surah Al-Baqara, Verse 155:
وَلَنَبْلُوَنَّكُم بِشَيْءٍ مِّنَ الْخَوْفِ وَالْجُوعِ وَنَقْصٍ مِّنَ الْأَمْوَالِ وَالْأَنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرَاتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصَّابِرِينَ

And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient,

Trials-none of us, good or bad, can or will escape them. Its the nature of this world amd our lives. 

Then theres the ayatt:

What comes to you of good is from Allah , but what comes to you of evil, [O man], is from yourself. And We have sent you, [O Muhammad], to the people as a messenger, and sufficient is Allah as Witness.

So...the nature of this world is one of hardship and struggle which we cant escape. If we believe only good comes from Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى, then what we comprehend and understand as bad/evil must be flawed, as ALL emanates from Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى so there must be "good" for us in whatever the "bad/evil" thing is we are experiencing.

But i get it--sometimes its extremelly hard to see the bigger picture, and sometimes things dont manifest for us immediately. 

Quickest example I can come up with: You're driving and you have a car accident Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى forbid, and your car is smashed.  A while later, you end up getting a better car that's more reliable, and has other benefits to it where if you had never gotten in that accident, you wouldn't have ended up with this better car. The first experience looks terrible and all bad, but later, good manifests from it. This goes back to the algorithm and how this whole creation operates and how there are way too many variables involved for us to ever understand why certain things happen to certain people, be they good or bad. Sometimes wonderful and great things happened to the most horrible and vile people, and we sit back and go, "why did THAT happen to THEM!??!

W/S

Usually free will. 

If I'm mugged while walking down the sidewalk, that's because that thief was as entitled to free will as I am, regardless of whether I'm "good" or "bad". It wasn't my choice, it was someone else's. 

Sometimes it's a test. Sometimes it's a natural consequence of our own choices. 

To add to the above posts,

sometimes some bad people might perform good deeds, so their recompense for those good deeds occur in this world so that they may be thrown into the deepest parts of hell.

free will allows others decisions to negatively affect you. sometimes God allows you to be tested witch isn't exactly comfortable or fun. also evil exist and does attack you when it can.

Sometimes the good things that happen to bad people is actually really bad because it will make them sin even more since they think they are not of the need of God. Also, because of the happiness that they feel in this Dounya they will forget the after life. In fact, they will stop believing in God and they will be selfish. `` Indeed, before that they indulged in luxury, And were persisting in committing grave sins.`` (Sura al waqi'a verses 45-46)