Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Weekdays in Islam

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam aleykom, 

I have heard that an Islamic weekday starts after 3isha prayer. Is this true? 

For instance that "khemiis"/Thursday starts after 3isha prayer on Wednesday. Is this correct? 

If there's a 3amal that needs to be done a certain weekday, can you do it after 3isha prayer the previous day? Will you get the promised reward then or do you need to wait till the day after and do it during the day? 

• Advanced Member

it calls night of next day but for calculating time of Salat 'al layl you must calculate time between sunset to sunrise & divide it on two then add it to time of sunset that it will be time of Salat 'al Layl for example if if sunset is 7:00 pm & Morning Azan Subh before sunrise of next day is 5:00 Am that difference is 10 hours that by adding 5 to 7 pm the time of salat Al 'Layl will be 12:00 Am that after 12:00 Am can be start of next day that best thing is prarying Namaz 'Al'Layl after that time.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, BowTie said:

How does this affect your daily lifestyle by any chance?

Nothing wrong with knowing things simply for the sake of knowing. 

But it's true that religion should be a source of ease, not rigidity. 

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, BowTie said:

How does this affect your daily lifestyle by any chance?

dont complicate religion in your life. Keep it simple. Make religion a source of simplicity in your life, a source of guidance. Not a source of complexity and routine

I'm asking because sometimes you need to do a certain 3aml on for instance "Thursday" but I know in advance that I'm going to be busy all day long on Thursday. Therefor I want to know if Wednesday after 3isha prayer counts as "thursday" islamically as I have been told so by some people. So is this true?

• Forum Administrators
20 hours ago, Carlzone said:

I have heard that an Islamic weekday starts after 3isha prayer. Is this true? 

Salam. I was told that the new Islamic day begins at sunset. 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Therefor I want to know if Wednesday after 3isha prayer counts as "thursday" islamically as I have been told so by some people. So is this true?

It is  night of Thursday but not Thursday exactly 

• Advanced Member

As salaamun aleikum sister @Carlzone

I have the same issue, for example, its said that Dua Kumayl should be recited on Thursday night, and the masjid i attend literally does it Thursday night, like, AFTER the sun has set and Magrib/issha prayers have been offered on Thursday night. My problem with this is, according to when Islamic nights and days begin and end, Dua Kumayl should TECHNICALLY be performed after the sun has set, on WEDNESDAY NIGHT, not Thursday evening, which is in all technicality is FRIDAY night:/

These things make me a bit irritated sometimes--.--

Weve got the most logical, reasonable, well layed out for us religion, and then we do things like this...at masjid level:/

How does this happen???

I mean, in the whole scheme of things, i dont know how much it matters, but i like to do things as correctly as possible when it comes to how i practice my religion and perform amaal, so...

W/s

• Veteran Member

:salam:

7 hours ago, shia farm girl said:

As salaamun aleikum sister @Carlzone

I have the same issue, for example, its said that Dua Kumayl should be recited on Thursday night, and the masjid i attend literally does it Thursday night, like, AFTER the sun has set and Magrib/issha prayers have been offered on Thursday night. My problem with this is, according to when Islamic nights and days begin and end, Dua Kumayl should TECHNICALLY be performed after the sun has set, on WEDNESDAY NIGHT, not Thursday evening, which is in all technicality is FRIDAY night:/

These things make me a bit irritated sometimes--.--

Weve got the most logical, reasonable, well layed out for us religion, and then we do things like this...at masjid level:/

How does this happen???

I mean, in the whole scheme of things, i dont know how much it matters, but i like to do things as correctly as possible when it comes to how i practice my religion and perform amaal, so...

W/s

Dua kumayl is performed on

Thursday night (english version)

Laylat al jumu`ah (arabic version)

Both mean the same thing but in islam the night of means the night before.