Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is circumcision required for male reverts?

Rate this topic


notme

Recommended Posts

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Irfani313 said:

The question I’ve always wondered about the male reverts is regarding circumcision? Do you have to have it or is it optional according to the Shi’a fiqh? 

Most Americans over a certain age are circumcised anyway. It used to be a default hospital procedure at birth unless the parents requested to avoid it. 

It isn't required for reverts, but it is recommended and he must have it done before undertaking hajj. 

 

Note: this discussion was split from this topic here:

 

Edited by notme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
25 minutes ago, Irfani313 said:

Salam:

Even if it’s a very Christian name, as long as it’s not something related to paganism, it should be fine. For the last name, you get it from your father and no change in religion could change it.

I believe you are fine.

The question I’ve always wondered about the male reverts is regarding circumcision? Do you have to have it or is it optional according to the Shi’a fiqh? 

السَّلآمُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وبَرَكآتُه 

Respected brother

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

It is mandatory according to Shi'i fiqh and it is mandatory even as Sunni's fiqh as far as I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 minutes ago, notme said:

Most Americans over a certain age are circumcised anyway. It used to be a default hospital procedure at birth unless the parents requested to avoid it. 

It isn't required for reverts, but it is recommended and he must have it done before undertaking hajj. 

It is required as soon as a non Muslim converts to Muslim.

That part of flesh above the men genital is considered Najis in Islam hence his every action is invalidated untill it has not been cut off. His prayers, fasting etc etc....they are all invalidated as per shariah.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

It is required as soon as a non Muslim converts to Muslim.

That part of flesh above the men genital is considered Najis in Islam hence his every action is invalidated untill it has not been cut off. His prayers, fasting etc etc....they are all invalidated as per shariah.

This is not listed among inherently najis things. I believe it is not true, but rulings may vary from different scholars. I can't find anything specific in the books that I have. I think the man only has to take extra steps to ensure cleanliness and his prayers, fasts, and deeds will be valid. I believe I've read that he only must be circumcised to perform hajj, though it is recommended for all men. 

Edited by notme
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 minute ago, notme said:

This is not listed among inherently najis things. I believe it is not true, but rulings may vary from different scholars. I can't find anything specific in the books that I have. I think the man only has to take extra steps to ensure cleanliness and his prayers, fasts, and deeds will be valid. I believe I've read that he only must be circumcised to perform hajj, though it is recommended for all men. 

Why for Hajj it is crucial if all the other arkaans of deen can be fulfilled with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Below are two narrations from shii school.

1. Imam Ali(asws) saying it is a 'MUST'.

"If a man becomes Muslim, he must submit to circumcision even if he is 80 years old."

Al-Kalini, Abu-Ja'afar Muhammad Ibn-Yaqub. Al-furu'min al-kafi. Vol. 6 Tehran: Dar al-kutub al-islamiyyah. 1981:35

2. Imam Jaffar As Sadiq(asws)

"Circumcise your sons when they are seven days old as it is cleaner (athar) and the flesh grows faster and because the earth hates the urine of the uncircumcised."

Al-Kalini, Abu-Ja'afar Muhammad Ibn-Yaqub. Al-furu'min al-kafi. Vol. 6 Tehran: Dar al-kutub al-islamiyyah. 1981:34

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Below are two narrations from shii school.

1. Imam Ali(asws) saying it is a 'MUST'.

"If a man becomes Muslim, he must submit to circumcision even if he is 80 years old."

Al-Kalini, Abu-Ja'afar Muhammad Ibn-Yaqub. Al-furu'min al-kafi. Vol. 6 Tehran: Dar al-kutub al-islamiyyah. 1981:35

2. Imam Jaffar As Sadiq(asws)

"Circumcise your sons when they are seven days old as it is cleaner (athar) and the flesh grows faster and because the earth hates the urine of the uncircumcised."

Al-Kalini, Abu-Ja'afar Muhammad Ibn-Yaqub. Al-furu'min al-kafi. Vol. 6 Tehran: Dar al-kutub al-islamiyyah. 1981:34

You cant just take two statements and make general conclusions. That requires an expert in arabic, grammar, rajal, mantiq, quran etc etc etc. 

That is why we have experts called scholars who advise us on the laws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
8 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

But are the prayers, fasts, and good deeds of a man who is not circumcised accepted? For example if a man reverts to Islam, are all his prayers from the time of his reversion until he has become circumcised invalid? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
1 hour ago, iraqi_shia said:

You cant just take two statements and make general conclusions. That requires an expert in arabic, grammar, rajal, mantiq, quran etc etc etc. 

That is why we have experts called scholars who advise us on the laws.

Who told you that with ONLY these two statements I made this conclusion? That is what was available as of that time for me to show to that user of shiachat.

Why do you always assume things from your own on every other topic and start passing your judgements?

How old are you though?

Are you a new muslim or shia that you do not know the obvious methods of how a law works in Islam?

Where have you grown up that you have not been informed about the wajibat and mustahabat of religion that you are trying to override this practice or are you just trying to act over-smart?

It is common sense that we don't make laws from two narrations and I don't think you have that common sense.

Look at the comment above my comment.

And listen you especially don't talk about Laws and Quran when you lack manners to even speak with your fellow beings, I know you are the one who said 'go waster someone's else time' on other thread to me and I personally avoid talking with those who lack manners therefore please post things in general next time without tagging me or directly trying to communicate with me.

First you need advises by scholars on how to speak with 'Akhlaq' then talk about other things here with me.

As straight as this. Full stop.

Edited by Asghar Ali Karbalai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
24 minutes ago, notme said:

But are the prayers, fasts, and good deeds of a man who is not circumcised accepted? For example if a man reverts to Islam, are all his prayers from the time of his reversion until he has become circumcised invalid? 

Yes ,all of them will be accepted but for acceptance of Hajj ,the man  must circumcised but rest of his deeds will be accepted but it an obligatory act that must done for men .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
53 minutes ago, notme said:

But are the prayers, fasts, and good deeds of a man who is not circumcised accepted? For example if a man reverts to Islam, are all his prayers from the time of his reversion until he has become circumcised invalid? 

It seems so, with the exception of tawaf in Hajj. You need to be circumcised so your tawaf is valid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Found something while searching SC: 

 

Also this: https://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/20/in-one-simple-tool-hope-for-h-i-v-prevention/

Apparently circumcision can be done by DIY by adults, also that not only it makes your Tawaf valid, it also prevents HIV for those who don’t follow Islamic moralities. 

 

Edited by AMR5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Allah created us perfectly, circumcision is a Pagan perversion from Shaitan. May I burn in hell if I buy into the idea that Allah made a mistake by giving me a foreskin, I vehemently deny circumcision wholeheartedly. 

 

I know it's an offensive thing to say (to those who are religiously sensitive to affirmative opposition to it) but I stand by it, I believe circumcision in the Tanakh is one of the aspects that were changed since the prophethood of Moses pbuh (one of the things written into the Torah later). It's a tremendous lie of Shaitan to deceive the masses into believing that Allah made a mistake by giving males a foreskin, to assert a necessity to mutilate genitals because Allah "did it wrong", which inevitably leads down the road of Kufr if you take it with any more than a grain of salt. 

Edited by HakimPtsid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
7 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

It is required as soon as a non Muslim converts to Muslim.

That part of flesh above the men genital is considered Najis in Islam hence his every action is invalidated untill it has not been cut off. His prayers, fasting etc etc....they are all invalidated as per shariah.

It is not najis, and his prayers and fasts are valid. The only thing that becomes invalidated is his hajj.

It is not wajib to circumcise yourself until you’re baligh. It is not wajib for the parents to circumcise their child, if they want they can wait for him to become baligh so that he can go himself and get circumcised as soon as possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
36 minutes ago, HakimPtsid said:

Allah created us perfectly, circumcision is a Pagan perversion from Shaitan. May I burn in hell if I buy into the idea that Allah made a mistake by giving me a foreskin, I vehemently deny circumcision wholeheartedly. 

 

I know it's an offensive thing to say (to those who are religiously sensitive to affirmative opposition to it) but I stand by it, I believe circumcision in the Tanakh is one of the aspects that were changed since the prophethood of Moses pbuh (one of the things written into the Torah later). It's a tremendous lie of Shaitan to deceive the masses into believing that Allah made a mistake by giving males a foreskin, to assert a necessity to mutilate genitals because Allah "did it wrong", which inevitably leads down the road of Kufr if you take it with any more than a grain of salt. 

Well, we all need to cut our hair, nails etc. It doesn't mean that God was wrong when he created us in need of removing them. If we didn't remove them it would be unhygienic and harm us. 

Edited by Carlzone
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, notme said:

Most Americans over a certain age are circumcised anyway. It used to be a default hospital procedure at birth unless the parents requested to avoid it. 

It isn't required for reverts, but it is recommended and he must have it done before undertaking hajj. 

 

Note: this discussion was split from this topic here:

 

do i need a bris or is a medical circumcision god enough for hajj?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Well, we all need to cut our hair, nails etc. It doesn't mean that God was wrong when he created us in need of removing them. If we didn't remove them it would be unhygienic and harm us. 

Cutting hair or nails is by far a false equivalence. A closer equivalence would be cutting off the tip of your nose, ear or even your eyelids. Its completely an evil thing to force on someone, as I stated before and is an act of Shaitan, an insult to Allah.

Also, hair and nails grow back, like earwax etc a foreskin doesn't.

Edited by HakimPtsid
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
8 hours ago, Hassan- said:

It is not najis, and his prayers and fasts are valid. The only thing that becomes invalidated is his hajj.

It is not wajib to circumcise yourself until you’re baligh. It is not wajib for the parents to circumcise their child, if they want they can wait for him to become baligh so that he can go himself and get circumcised as soon as possible.

And the prayers and fasts become obligatory ONLY after bulugh(puberty) so it becomes wajib after bulugh only and is a must for prayers.

As for my comment it was for a male who is converting from non-muslim to muslim so obviously he would be a baligh only while converting his religion.

And for the above highlighted part, Please provide your sources and references.

I gave references of it being 'must' from Al Kafi and @Sumerian gave reference of Mr. Sistani.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, HakimPtsid said:

Cutting hair or nails is by far a false equivalence. A closer equivalence would be cutting off the tip of your nose, ear or even your eyelids. Its completely an evil thing to force on someone, as I stated before and is an act of Shaitan, an insult to Allah.

Also, hair and nails grow back, like earwax etc a foreskin doesn't.

إن الله عز وجل بعث خليله بالحنيفية و أمره بأخذ الشارب و قص الاظفار و نتف الابط و حلق العانة و الختان 

Imam Ali (as) said from Prophet (pbu):The Lord called Abraham (peace be upon him) in a good manner. He ordered shortening the mustache and nails and removing the underarm hair and shaving the intimate parts(genitals) upper hair and circumcision.

وسائل الشيعه ،ج 15 ،ص 163،باب 52 از ابواب احكام اولاد.

Wasail'al Shia ,v15 , p163 ,chapter 52 from chapter Ahkan Ulad (ruling of children)

ثُمَّ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ أَنِ اتَّبِعْ مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا ۖ وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ ﴿١٢٣﴾

Then We revealed to you: Follow the faith of Ibrahim, the upright one, and he was not of the polytheists. (123)

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.shakir/16:123

قُلْ صَدَقَ اللَّـهُ ۗ فَاتَّبِعُوا مِلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ ﴿٩٥﴾

Say: Allah has spoken the truth, therefore follow the religion of Ibrahim, the upright one; and he was not one of the polytheists. (95)

http://tanzil.net/#trans/en.shakir/3:95

http://www.pasokhgoo.ir/node/37883

1 hour ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

And for the above highlighted part, Please provide your sources and references.

all of Maraja are saying that evey religious deed except Tawaf for Haj is accepted 

Grand Ayatollah sistani :

شرط صحت طواف در مردان ختنه کردن است(مناسک محشى : ص  212

requisitionfor acceptance of Tawaf by men is circumation  (Manasek Mahshi : p212)

http://eporsesh.com/content/چرا-خداوند-انسان-را-ختنه-دار-نیافریده-است؟ 

http://hadana.ir/ختنه-كردن-در-اسلام/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
22 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Who told you that with ONLY these two statements I made this conclusion? That is what was available as of that time for me to show to that user of shiachat.

You did, when you provided minimal evidence and then reached a conclusion.

 

22 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Why do you always assume things from your own on every other topic and start passing your judgements?

 How old are you though?

Are you a new muslim or shia that you do not know the obvious methods of how a law works in Islam?

Where have you grown up that you have not been informed about the wajibat and mustahabat of religion that you are trying to override this practice or are you just trying to act over-smart?

I think your hallow approach to conversion has lead you to false conclusions. My point, which is valid, is that we as lay people can not simply search through a website of hadith or quran and then start guessing at the laws. That is my point, despite my point being short and clear, it seems to have eluded you.

22 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

first you need advises by scholars on how to speak with 'Akhlaq' then talk about other things here with me.

As straight as this. Full stop.

I didnt say anything negative about you, not sure why you are so triggered. I simply made a point that referencing a few hadith is not adequate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
12 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

And the prayers and fasts become obligatory ONLY after bulugh(puberty) so it becomes wajib after bulugh only and is a must for prayers.

As for my comment it was for a male who is converting from non-muslim to muslim so obviously he would be a baligh only while converting his religion.

And for the above highlighted part, Please provide your sources and references.

I gave references of it being 'must' from Al Kafi and @Sumerian gave reference of Mr. Sistani.

You said that part of the flesh is najis, and a convert’s prayers/fasts are invalid per shari’a until they cut it off. This is false, please provide your proof. Here’s my proof:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 1/9/2019 at 6:51 PM, HakimPtsid said:

Allah created us perfectly, circumcision is a Pagan perversion from Shaitan. May I burn in hell if I buy into the idea that Allah made a mistake by giving me a foreskin, I vehemently deny circumcision wholeheartedly. 

 

I know it's an offensive thing to say (to those who are religiously sensitive to affirmative opposition to it) but I stand by it, I believe circumcision in the Tanakh is one of the aspects that were changed since the prophethood of Moses pbuh (one of the things written into the Torah later). It's a tremendous lie of Shaitan to deceive the masses into believing that Allah made a mistake by giving males a foreskin, to assert a necessity to mutilate genitals because Allah "did it wrong", which inevitably leads down the road of Kufr if you take it with any more than a grain of salt. 

So apparently we all ought to run around with our dried out placentas too? 

Human stagnation is paganism, human growth in idoelogies, languages, and knowledges is Islam. 

Circumcison is one of those things which tell of the progress of humans, had humans never invented tools to rid the extra skin off, Allah swt won’t had ordered us to do so.

Another example is the first ayat of ‘teaching humans by Pen’, Allah swt orders by the tools available to men which means men have progressed through the knowledge and intellect given by God. 

Paganism on the other hand is all about stangantion and remaining in the state of lack of intellect, knowledge, modesty, & selflessness, in which all humans are born into and learn these traits as they grow older and become better humans. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
11 hours ago, Hassan- said:

You said that part of the flesh is najis, and a convert’s prayers/fasts are invalid per shari’a until they cut it off. This is false, please provide your proof. Here’s my proof:

 

 

Check my previous comment giving two narrations from 'Al Kafi' mentioning it. About it being najis I have given a narration in my previous post that it makes you athar once you cut it.

Also brother, Look we pray when we reach the age of puberty right? I mean that is when we are baligh and that is when even you said and we all know that is when it becomes mandatory to do khatna so these two things are inter-linked. Prayers and khatna. You cannot pray while your khatna is not done. Just go through my sentence again if you are not understanding my point. 

And also refer to below narrations and link.

Even after this if you disagree then I do not think that this debate/concern will take us any further.

Below are the narrations with link and above is my statement to make you understand how all these things are interlinked to each other making it obligatory to circumcise before Salah and other deeds.

Mr Sistani's reference has already been quoted in this thread.

I am quoting Mr. Khoei's reference too as well for you.

From Biharul Anwaar, from al Kafi (already in thread by me) and from Wasail Al Shiah.

The Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) has said, “Walimah is only in five occasions: in the ‘Urs, Khurs, ‘Idhar, Wikar and the Rikaz – ‘Urs is when a person gets married; and Khurs is when a child is born; and ‘Idhar is on the circumcision of a baby boy; and Wikar is when a person purchases a house; and Rikaz is when a person returns from Hajj.”


Biharul Anwar, Volume 96, Page 384


https://www.al-islam.org/forty-ahadith-on-hajj-mahmud-mahdipur/40-walimah-feeding-others-after-returning-hajj


The Holy Prophet says:
“The new born must be circumcised on the seventh day of its birth that he gets healthy growth and upbringing."
Wasail al-shiah, v15, p. 175

Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq says:
“Do the circumcision of your child on the seventh day of his birth. This is best for him. It is also beneficial for his proper growth and upbringing. Certainly, the earth abhors the urine of the person who has not been circumcised"
Wasail al-shiah, v15, p. 171


https://www.al-islam.org/principles-upbringing-children-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini/chapter-25-health-and-hygiene

2834. On the basis of obligatory precaution the guardian should get his child circumcised before he attains puberty, and if he does not get him circumcised it becomes obligatory on the child himself when he reaches the age of puberty.

https://www.al-islam.org/islamic-laws-ayatullah-abul-qasim-al-khui/miscellaneous-problems

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
45 minutes ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

You cannot pray while your khatna is not done

It’s not true ,even when we drink wine or other intoxicant we must continue our daily prayers althought our prayers will not accepted for 40 days also doing Khatna is not one of signs of puberty but you mistaken it and Quran says when you can’t find water for Ghusl when you are Junub you can do tayamum with dust if you fear that will lose the prayer  on it’s time in order to can perform your Namaz ,not doing Khatna  is a sin but it doesn’t prevent person from praying but it’s not recommend, Allah will accept your Namaz but it’s like as you go visit your beloved one but your mouth smells bad he will accept you but won’t pay attention enough to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Check my previous comment giving two narrations from 'Al Kafi' mentioning it.

and herein lies the problem.

Remember when I said, its not for lay people to pick a few hadith and make some conclusions, and then you got all upset? 

These two hadith, have they reached us in a reliable way or not? are they in context or not, abrogated or not, at a time of taqiyah or not, is there a more fundamental principle which will override this ruling for this context or not? 

Before you even answer, consider this, in order to answer the points you would need either be an expert or consult an expert, there is no third option. Hence why, when others have put forward there points, they do so with an expert scholarly opinion eg  Ayatollah X says in book xyz that this is halal etc. 

If I just said, theres a narration in kafi which says it, its meaningless. Anyone who has spent more than a casual time looking through out books knows that we have many hadiths that appear to contradict or give different conclusions, Books have been written on this aspect alone. Thats why an expert, a scholar, needs to look at the hadith and see if it can be used for each situation.

Please dont take this as an attack etc,  this is just a conversation, which is robust so we can try and find out the reality of what is going on. I might be wrong and you may have a better opinion and if so, please share it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
51 minutes ago, iraqi_shia said:

and herein lies the problem.

Remember when I said, its not for lay people to pick a few hadith and make some conclusions, and then you got all upset? 

These two hadith, have they reached us in a reliable way or not? are they in context or not, abrogated or not, at a time of taqiyah or not, is there a more fundamental principle which will override this ruling for this context or not? 

Before you even answer, consider this, in order to answer the points you would need either be an expert or consult an expert, there is no third option. Hence why, when others have put forward there points, they do so with an expert scholarly opinion eg  Ayatollah X says in book xyz that this is halal etc. 

If I just said, theres a narration in kafi which says it, its meaningless. Anyone who has spent more than a casual time looking through out books knows that we have many hadiths that appear to contradict or give different conclusions, Books have been written on this aspect alone. Thats why an expert, a scholar, needs to look at the hadith and see if it can be used for each situation.

Please dont take this as an attack etc,  this is just a conversation, which is robust so we can try and find out the reality of what is going on. I might be wrong and you may have a better opinion and if so, please share it. 

I did not respond to your last post because I had already stated this to you that I do not wish to talk to you because you lack manners.

So kindly avoid replying on my comments henceforth and raise your contradictions on a comment by your ownself.

I do not wish to communicate with you based on my previous experience with you. 

I will not reply to your concerns so please.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

It’s not true ,even when we drink wine or other intoxicant we must continue our daily prayers althought our prayers will not accepted for 40 days also doing Khatna is not one of signs of puberty but you mistaken it and Quran says when you can’t find water for Ghusl when you are Junub you can do tayamum with dust if you fear that will lose the prayer  on it’s time in order to can perform your Namaz ,not doing Khatna  is a sin but it doesn’t prevent person from praying but it’s not recommend, Allah will accept your Namaz but it’s like as you go visit your beloved one but your mouth smells bad he will accept you but won’t pay attention enough to you.

Okay brother to you your beliefs and to me mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

So in summary, it is wajib, but there is no required timeline. A male revert must only be sure to have the procedure before his hajj can be accepted and must take extra measures to ensure cleanliness. Is that correct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
On 1/11/2019 at 3:06 AM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Check my previous comment giving two narrations from 'Al Kafi' mentioning it. About it being najis I have given a narration in my previous post that it makes you athar once you cut it.

Also brother, Look we pray when we reach the age of puberty right? I mean that is when we are baligh and that is when even you said and we all know that is when it becomes mandatory to do khatna so these two things are inter-linked. Prayers and khatna. You cannot pray while your khatna is not done. Just go through my sentence again if you are not understanding my point. 

And also refer to below narrations and link.

Even after this if you disagree then I do not think that this debate/concern will take us any further.

Below are the narrations with link and above is my statement to make you understand how all these things are interlinked to each other making it obligatory to circumcise before Salah and other deeds.

Mr. Sistani's reference has already been quoted in this thread.

I am quoting Mr.. Khoei's reference too as well for you.

From Biharul Anwaar, from al Kafi (already in thread by me) and from Wasail Al Shiah.

The Messenger of Allah (blessings of Allah be upon him and his family) has said, “Walimah is only in five occasions: in the ‘Urs, Khurs, ‘Idhar, Wikar and the Rikaz – ‘Urs is when a person gets married; and Khurs is when a child is born; and ‘Idhar is on the circumcision of a baby boy; and Wikar is when a person purchases a house; and Rikaz is when a person returns from Hajj.”


Biharul Anwar, Volume 96, Page 384


https://www.al-Islam.org/forty-ahadith-on-Hajj-mahmud-mahdipur/40-walimah-feeding-others-after-returning-Hajj


The Holy Prophet says:
“The new born must be circumcised on the seventh day of its birth that he gets healthy growth and upbringing."
Wasail al-shiah, v15, p. 175

Imam Ja’far as-Sadiq says:
“Do the circumcision of your child on the seventh day of his birth. This is best for him. It is also beneficial for his proper growth and upbringing. Certainly, the Earth abhors the urine of the person who has not been circumcised"
Wasail al-shiah, v15, p. 171


https://www.al-Islam.org/principles-upbringing-children-ayatullah-ibrahim-amini/chapter-25-health-and-hygiene

2834. On the basis of obligatory precaution the guardian should get his child circumcised before he attains puberty, and if he does not get him circumcised it becomes obligatory on the child himself when he reaches the age of puberty.

https://www.al-Islam.org/Islamic-laws-ayatullah-abul-qasim-al-khui/miscellaneous-problems

The ahadith you just presented have nothing to do with what we are talking about, they don’t prove that the extra skin is najis, or that one cannot pray while he hasn’t cut it yet. Did you even listen to the video I showed you? Sayed Shubbar clearly said (I’m assuming you understand Arabic) that one does not stop his ‘ibadat (acts of worship) even if it’s not cut. Those aren’t his opinions but the opinions of the marjas, especially Sayed Sistani and Sayed al khoei.

Also why are you proving fiqh matters with ahadith? As @iraqi_shia said it’s not your job to do that. A fatwa from a marja’ is more evidence than a hadith, so if you want to prove your claims, please show me fatwas from a known marja’.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
On 1/11/2019 at 7:15 AM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

I did not respond to your last post because I had already stated this to you that I do not wish to talk to you because you lack manners.

So kindly avoid replying on my comments henceforth and raise your contradictions on a comment by your ownself.

I do not wish to communicate with you based on my previous experience with you. 

I will not reply to your concerns so please.

No I don’t think I will do that actually.

I will continue to make my comments and you can just ignore them if you want. However, this is a forum and I will reply and highlight anything I wish.

Im not sure why you are so upset, I hope you feel better soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...