In the Name of God بسم الله

Why do some sunnis hate shias?

Rate this topic

Abbas01

• Basic Members

A Bengali friend of mine decided to call shia islam "false". Here's the story involving me, Bengali friend and a white friend.

WF: "I'm gonna come to your mosque someday yeah."

ME: "Ok sure"

BF: "no not his mosque it's false"

ME: *nothing*

WF: "that's peak because he might think the same about yours"

Why do some sunnis call shia islam "false" and call us "rafidis". We believe in the same god Allah swt, we have same basic principles of Islam, we have the Qur'an as well as 124000 prophets. Why do you do all this?

• Veteran Member
19 hours ago, Abbas01 said:

Why do some sunnis call shia islam "false" and call us "rafidis". We believe in the same god Allah swt, we have same basic principles of Islam, we have the Qur'an as well as 124000 prophets. Why do you do all this?

Because we base our religion on Aql  We follow sharia principles inline with the Quran and we follow the pure progeny of the prophet saww as per haidth thaqlayn  .

Most Sunnis  deny the true virtues of the Ahl alabayt as of the prophet saww and they consider the so called companions rigid and pure by  false concept of All companions to be truthful "Adil" which is against the clear verses of quran.

From Quran we have the answer in response:

وَالْعَصْرِ, 

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

I swear by the time,  Most surely man is in loss, Except those who believe and do good, and enjoin on each other truth, and enjoin on each other patience. (103: 1, 2 , 3)

The detail can be seen at the following links for its interpretation:

wasalam

Edited by skyweb1987

Because we curse their three hypocrites and believe they were the cause of the death of the prophets family. 

They call us rafidi because we deny their three “rightly guided” jerks and believe they took the calipha off Imam Ali (a.s) therefore according to them we are kaffur and transgressers. 

According to us(shia) classic scholars see them as kaffur because they support the killers of the ahlulbayt and the enemies of Allah which are Abu baker,Umar and Othman. 

If I were you get as much authentic facts from his books proof to him how much of a hypocrite and a terrorist are their three caliphs and show him proof of imam Ali a.s wilayah. 

• Advanced Member
5 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Because we curse their three hypocrites and believe they were the cause of the death of the prophets family. 

They call us rafidi because we deny their three “rightly guided” jerks and believe they took the calipha off Imam Ali (a.s) therefore according to them we are kaffur and transgressers. 

According to us(shia) classic scholars see them as kaffur because they support the killers of the ahlulbayt and the enemies of Allah which are Abu baker,Umar and Othman. 

If I were you get as much authentic facts from his books proof to him how much of a hypocrite and a terrorist are their three caliphs and show him proof of imam Ali a.s wilayah. 

Basically, you think you know how to run this Ummah better than our Imams dont you?

2 minutes ago, BowTie said:

Basically, you think you know how to run this Ummah better than our Imams dont you?

No, what I said is facts. I’m pointing  out the truth, there’s no such thing as “unity” and “One ummah”, Imam Hussaine a.s tried to reform the ummah of his grandfather and they waged a war with them instead. That day the true ummah of his grandfather and the true Muslims was manifest. 

• Advanced Member

@BowTie don’t sweat it. Sectarianism sells. Evident here. I truly believe the people of today care more about the politics of 1400 years ago than the people of 1400 years ago cared.

surely, if the order of the title of calipha was detrimental to our hereafter then Imam Ali would’ve wagered war to preserve the aqeeda of billions after him. 

Edited by 786:)

3 minutes ago, 786:) said:

@BowTie don’t sweat it. Sectarianism sells. Evident here. I truly believe the people of today care more about the politics of 1400 years ago than the people of 1400 years ago cared.

surely, if the order of the title of calipha was detrimental to our hereafter then Imam Ali would’ve wagered war to preserve the aqeeda of billions after him. 

I care about it, because I want the true Islam to be out and clear, not oppressed and hidden with falsehood and false accusations. 

• Basic Members
4 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

Thanks for the advice.

• Advanced Member

Is it because Iran is populated mostly by Persians and Arabs feel threatened? I realised how Hazara people in Pakistan and Afghanistan are murdered the way the Zionists claim that they were murdered by the Nazi's. IS HATING SHIA'S JUST AN EXCUSE OF RACISM? As a ZANJ I see racism more clearly than anyone. and it seems that those who suffer from being Shia are always from other "races". Are not HAZARA really really different from the Pashtuns and everyone? Are they not a mongoloid race or something? And what about Iran? Don't Arabs and Persians have some sort of racial anymosity? I think racial tensions are a cover for sectarian violence. Throw in crazy salafists and everybody gets killed even other sunnis get blown up thats what covers it. To wreck a whole country like Syria because of one ALAWI FAMILY is too neat. Can a whole country be destroyed because the President is ALAWITE? NAH. Arabs want to destroy that Persian Islamic Republic.

• Advanced Member
3 hours ago, 786:) said:

Unfortunately, people of today don't understand the politics of 1,400 ago, and want to claim they understand them via ignorance. Though our Imams were present during the time, were victims to the oppression, and didn't act the same way people today act like. UNLESS, people today think Imam Ali was weak and couldn't call out Omar and Abou Baqir and Othman on their flaws :surrender:

3 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

I care about it, because I want the true Islam to be out and clear, not oppressed and hidden with falsehood and false accusations. 

So are you claiming Imam Ali allowed Abou Baqir, Omar and Othman continue with their caliphates because he didn't want the true Islam, and he accepted oppression because he supported falsehood?

I don't understand you. Do you claim to know Ahlul Bayts situation back then, better than Ahlul Bayt themselves? I don't know how you believe you are a Shia of Ali, and you follow nothing of Imam Alis footsteps. You follow him as an idol, but you idolize his name, not his path.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Its not necessarily about hate, its about ignorance. In my own household (I was born Sunni) my parents would always tell me to beware of Shias and what they preached, despite this I researched the path of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) and spoke to the Shia Muslims who were around me. This actually led me to becoming Shia and adopting the path of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام), I still have not told my parents nor my family as they will for sure react negatively.

This leads to the question at hand, I believe that if my parents or your friend genuinely talked to other Shias, and without bias researched the path of the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام) they would either convert or at the very least be more understanding. The issue is that many people are merely indoctrinated into their specific religious tradition without researching what they believe (this isn't even counting cultural biases which is on a whole other level). 

However despite this as Shia of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) we must be the ones to show respect when others do not, and we must be the ones to engage in dialogue when others mock our beliefs. 

May our good actions allow people to learn about the path of the Ahlul Bayt enshallah, and may all Muslims (No matter the sect) learn to live in peace. Ameen

• Advanced Member
On 1/8/2019 at 7:39 PM, Abbas01 said:

A Bengali friend of mine decided to call Shia Islam "false". Here's the story involving me, Bengali friend and a white friend.

WF: "I'm going to come to your mosque someday yeah."

Why do some Sunnis call Shia Islam "false" and call us "rafidis". We believe in the same God Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), we have same basic principles of Islam, we have the Qur'an as well as 124000 Prophets. Why do you do all this?

Because they believe Shi'ism corrupted Islam and they remained on Haqq.

Although I don't believe in imamate I feel more inclined to Shia's.

Why?

Because the fitna was started by Muawiya and not by the Shia's, the former considered to be a hero by some calling themselves Sunni which is hidden nasb.

Edited by Faruk

• Basic Members

In the Qur'an it mentions people who just want to believe whatever their forefathers told them without trying to learn the truth. I feel that Sunnis are just stuck in this ignorance. You can have the most logical response for them and they will still cling to old beliefs because that’s how mommy and daddy taught them. It’s sad really.

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, DeenOverDunya said:

In the Qur'an it mentions people who just want to believe whatever their forefathers told them without trying to learn the truth. I feel that Sunnis are just stuck in this ignorance. You can have the most logical response for them and they will still cling to old beliefs because that’s how mommy and daddy taught them. It’s sad really.

It is in general sense and means all groups of people, even Shi'as too included. People tend to follow their family, culture way of life where they don't sincerely worship God and follow His laws. It is a warning to all of us to not follow what you are born on but rather follow what is the Truth. You think that born in Shia family means born in truth, but you will be surprise how many innovation and culture values have been mixed with it. 

• Veteran Member
On 1/9/2019 at 2:39 AM, Abbas01 said:

Why do some Sunnis call Shia Islam "false" and call us "rafidis". We believe in the same God Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى), we have same basic principles of Islam, we have the Qur'an as well as 124000 Prophets. Why do you do all this?

Salam,

When the truth about Ahlul Bayt  is revealed to a Sunni, it hurts to the core.  The choices to hard core Sunnis are to accept or reject.  Both choices required action, to love or to hate.  Then there will be follow up actions.

Those who has made the choice to hate, they will call Shias as false.

I was once a Sunni, not a hardcore.  But I was still not comfortable with Ali fighting Aisha.  I refused to read the truth about the battle of Jamal.  For me it was a dark history.

Today, I have changed my historical facts about the battle between Ali vs Aisha.  My love or hate is aligned to the truth about the battle of jamal.

Finally, if Aisha could not changed her mindset toward Ali and her hate resulted into a battle against Ali, what do I expect from hardcore Sunnis or followers of Aisha.

Did not Ali and Aisha believed the same Allah, Qur'an and Prophet?   The issue is the true status of Ahlul Bayt is not in the heart of Aisha. 

• Veteran Member

While hating Shias they are actually giving something to them. Which they them self don’t know. 

The word is Bohtaan ( False accusation ) which we all know they put on almost all Shias. 

Its a reward which you got for free. I will try to find the hadith supporting this " free reward for false accusation " 

So my suggestion is as you mentioned " some Sunnis " ... leave them and find another " some Sunnis " and friend with them. Plenty of Sunnis are there who don’t care for history and believes you Muslim like they are, even pray beside you in same mosque and never mentioned anything which hurts you. 

• Advanced Member
1 minute ago, layman said:

Salam,

Did not Ali and Aisha believed the same Allah, Qur'an and Prophet?   

The Qur'an and the Ahl al-Bayt (عليه السلام) are connected.

• Advanced Member

The use of the word Shia in itself as a derogatory term is nasb.

It is an Umawi heritage as it only had a negativie meaning in the camp of and since the opposition from.Muawiya.

Factually, even according to Sunnism Imam Ali (عليه السلام) was on the Haqq and his Shia were actually the Jama'ah, those who chose him (عليه السلام) to be the leader.

Edited by Faruk

• Advanced Member
On 1/8/2019 at 6:39 PM, Abbas01 said:

A Bengali friend of mine decided to call Shia Islam "false". Here's the story involving me, Bengali friend and a white friend.

Combination of things

Cursing of people they hold in high esteem.

Classical 12er scholars believing in additions/ subtractions in Qur'an

And classical views of Imams which they see as shirk.

But contemporary 12er scholars have done slot of work to correct these things but unfortunately large population of Shia especially in the subcontinent don't listen to the 12er marja.

• Advanced Member
On 1/8/2019 at 7:39 PM, Abbas01 said:

I can say many Shia have said the same about Sunnis, whats your point?

• Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, power said:

I don't believe any Shia would say Sunnis mosques are false! 

If you don’t, doesnt mean others. I’ve heard many Shia say much worse than saying their Masjid is false.

Point is, there are good and bad seeds in each religion.

• Basic Members
On 1/9/2019 at 1:59 PM, Anonymous2144 said:

Because we curse their three hypocrites and believe they were the cause of the death of the Prophets family. 

They call us rafidi because we deny their three “rightly guided” jerks and believe they took the calipha off Imam Ali ((عليه السلام)) therefore according to them we are kaffur and transgressers. 

According to us(Shia) classic scholars see them as kaffur because they support the killers of the Ahlul Bayt and the enemies of Allah which are Abu baker,Umar and Othman. 

If I were you get as much authentic facts from his books proof to him how much of a hypocrite and a terrorist are their three caliphs and show him proof of Imam Ali (عليه السلام) wilayah. 

You know what you appear to be one of extremist. So according to you Sunni's consider Shia's as kuffars & then you mention about classic Shia scholars see us Sunni's as kuffar? So who is left to be called Muslim? May be qaadiyanis ? I am really offended by the words you have chosen to used against Caliphs, I fully appreciate your views are different to what Sunnis believe about these Caliphs, atleast have some respect for fellow Sunnis faith. For me & majority of Sunnis you are as good Muslim as rest of the Sunni's. 

You mention about supporting the killer of Ahlul Bayt? You need to comprehend how could a Muslim do that sort of thing its impossible, yet I see Shia's cursing Amma Ayesha RA. You are giving us lectures about respect of Ahlebayt yet you do not let go a single chance to abuse Prophets family I.e Amma Ayesha RA.

In terms of Wilayah, Sunnis believe he Hazrat AS was one the most respectable person after Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) alongwith other Caliphs but Hazrat Ali AS has been mentioned in Sunni books more than anyone else so that tells his place on Sunni side. But I plead you & I beg we (all Muslims including all Shias) only worship Allah & he is the most merciful & Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) was the last messenger of Allah. We do not worship Prophet (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) & we do not worship Hazrat Ali AS neither any other caliphs. Rest be assured Allah knows the best. 

• Advanced Member

Shiasm is the antithesis of Sunnism. Apart from the theological differences , Sunnis hate Shias mostly for their cursing of Sahaba. If Shias give up the cursing thing , Sunnis would care less if Shias believe in 12 Imams or 28. Other than this , the Sunnis community in general is always suspicious about Shias and the common Sunnis have developed a plethora of hate filled conspiracy theories about Shias like Shias have a different Qur'an and Shias engage in some explicit sexual acts when they gather etc 

Edited by Leibniz

• Advanced Member
On 1/9/2019 at 2:39 AM, Abbas01 said:

It’s normal for them to hate us, they’ve hated us for centuries now

yes I agree we’re both Muslims with many similarities but at the same time we have a lot of differences. They think we’re mushrikeen because of our immense love for the Ahlul Bayt (عليه السلام)