Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Any free Shia Islam courses?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

Salam it's available above your post in advertisement section ^

http://www.prehawza.com/IQRA/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam it's available above your post in advertisement section ^

http://www.prehawza.com/IQRA/

Salaam bro, I think this is only for North America?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
On 1/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, Rohani said:

Etrat will result in actual diploma, I teach there. Or

Pre hawzah u can come here Free pre hawzah - all pre recorded at your own pace. 

@Rohani salaam respected brother,

I was wondering whether I can enrol in one or two courses, and does registration open tomorrow?

Also, I think they are not teaching some of the winter subjects like Imamate and Monotheism and Justice.

Thanks

Wsalam

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

Wa alaykom salaam 

Yes you can take one or two per semester or more. I will ask for you when course selection opens usually it is a week before we start courses so it should be very soon. 

 

As for those two courses you have mentioned they require some pre-requiste courses as example monotheism and justice requires shia principles prior to it. 

 

Eltemase dua

5 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

@Rohani salaam respected brother,

I was wondering whether I can enrol in one or two courses, and does registration open tomorrow?

Also, I think they are not teaching some of the winter subjects like Imamate and Monotheism and Justice.

Thanks

Wsalam

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
20 minutes ago, Ejaz said:

Salaam Brother @Rohani,

Is registration open because according to uni calendar it should be?

 

Jazakallah Brother

Iltemas e dua

F4585A78-4FE4-4BA7-9ED0-BD1366EDB041.jpeg

Wa alaykom salaam dear brother. When you click regitartion and enroll me do you get options for any courses ? I am a teacher so I cannot see except if there is announcements or ads for the course selection. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
2 hours ago, Rohani said:

Wa alaykom salaam dear brother. When you click regitartion and enroll me do you get options for any courses ? I am a teacher so I cannot see except if there is announcements or ads for the course selection. 

Thanks for your reply brother. 

When I click registration there is no options for enrol me or any courses.

291A8489-EABE-4F7A-BED7-F3AE8916D84E.thumb.jpeg.9e134876aba14ac3c1e27577d9d9c173.jpeg

When I try to click on application form there is an error.

Wsalam

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
3 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Thanks for your reply brother. 

When I click registration there is no options for enrol me or any courses.

291A8489-EABE-4F7A-BED7-F3AE8916D84E.thumb.jpeg.9e134876aba14ac3c1e27577d9d9c173.jpeg

When I try to click on application form there is an error.

Wsalam

Wa alaykom salaam dear brother I think course selection will open tomorrow. I will post here when it is as well.  There seems to be an error on  the site right now. Insha Allah it is resolved soon.

Edited by Rohani
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Im looking for the same online courses but Im struggling because these lectures are clearly in another country and I basically need to start from scratch because as much as I try learning on my own I'm lost. There is so much PDF'S I am downloading but the more I read is the more I have questions and no one is around to answer me. Im trying to learn more about Imam Ali, his words, his philosophy and why he is so revered. Why do people hold him as a beacon of justice and why the events of Karbala are recreated even to this day. All I find are YOUTUBE advertisements to compete with the enemies of Shia Islam. That's not much religious education for me. If anybody could please tell me where to register so I can substance in the context because all I ever find is the same political mantra of Caliphs of two thousand years ago. Im trying to find substance and I can’t. Every Professor and writer on Shia Islam, Imam Ali and the Imamate has his or her own individual spin on the topics but are substantially the same. All I go away with are quotes from Imam Ali (granted he was indeed wise) but that is it. Nothing of substance in context. If someone could please help me. I don’t need an introduction to Islam class, I know all of that. Im tired of historical lessons about how Islam was formed and when the Shia-Sunni split happened I know all of that. I need substance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Gabenowa said:

and please don’t direct me to YOUTUBE channels. I love to 

Have you found meaning in sermon 1 of nahjul balagha? 

 

I have studied metaphysics and logic and theology that sermon can astonish the mind and offer you the substance you want.

Edited by Rohani
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
5 hours ago, Rohani said:

Have you found meaning in sermon 1 of nahjul balagha? 

 

I have studied metaphysics and logic and theology that sermon can astonish the mind and offer you the substance you want.

No Im actually going to do an assignment on morality. But this is a pre-hawza assignment. Im actually struggling to revert because I don’t KNOW WHERE TO TURN TO. Im self educating myself in a country that is not really Shia and the Muslims here are Indians and descendants of Indonesians. and I download PDF AFTER PDF yet Im so confused. and these online schools want payment even if its free you gotta like pay something. Im jealous of you. Metaphysics, logic and theology is exactly what Im looking for. That is the foundation of Shia Islam, atleast in Iran it is. besides of course the House of the Prophet (peace be upon them) I would dare never forget them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
8 hours ago, Gabenowa said:

No Im actually going to do an assignment on morality. But this is a pre-hawza assignment. Im actually struggling to revert because I don’t KNOW WHERE TO TURN TO. Im self educating myself in a country that is not really Shia and the Muslims here are Indians and descendants of Indonesians. and I download PDF AFTER PDF yet Im so confused. and these online schools want payment even if its free you gotta like pay something. Im jealous of you. Metaphysics, logic and theology is exactly what Im looking for. That is the foundation of Shia Islam, atleast in Iran it is. besides of course the House of the Prophet (peace be upon them) I would dare never forget them.

My dear, all you must focus on right now is if you believe God is unique (ahad) and that prophet muhammad (sawa) is a real abbasaador sent. Here you should take your two with Estes and convert and start doing your obligatory actions like fasting and praying etc. Once you believe those things the other things follow, and you can devlope them over studies. As this section that is the foundations of religion require you to gain an understanding of them. These foundations I give a overview of in those kalam classes. And no it is absolutely free. If you really want to do something keep us in asking for blessings from God. 

 

Fee aman Allah

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
On 1/6/2019 at 3:15 AM, Ejaz said:

Salaam,

what about non-free courses? Which is best pre hawza course  in your opinion ?

thanks

Wa alaykom salaam dear brother, try checking now if not then wait couple hours all should be up by then insha Allah

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
9 hours ago, Rohani said:

My dear, all you must focus on right now is if you believe God is unique (ahad) and that prophet muhammad (sawa) is a real abbasaador sent. Here you should take your two with Estes and convert and start doing your obligatory actions like fasting and praying etc. Once you believe those things the other things follow, and you can devlope them over studies. As this section that is the foundations of religion require you to gain an understanding of them. These foundations I give a overview of in those kalam classes. And no it is absolutely free. If you really want to do something keep us in asking for blessings from God. 

 

Fee aman Allah

Faith and intellect atleast to me are one and the same. To be able to appreciate God and logic at the same time will be the greatest gift I will ever receive Inshallah. To be able to use logic, philosophy and faith daily in my existence is all I require. If I don’t understand the concept of TRUTH then the fasting and praying etc will be meaningless to me and I will find myself back on atheism believing in materialism without understanding insight. its living with science and logic without insight. and faith alone is insight without science and logic. I need faith,logic and insight to be indivisible otherwise Im converting just to say to the world "HEY LOOK AT ME IM SHIA!" "YEAH IM COOL" "YOU JUST A CHRISTIAN THATS SO WHACK" "BE A SHIA ITS SO COOL!". No that is not me but I stay in a country which judges its human beings purely by identity and I refuse to give my own mindless society the satisfaction of giving in to its MINDLESSNESS. 

Please enlighten me brother how do I actually convert or 'revert' as a matter of fact? Do I do it alone? Or do I have to face my fears and actually go submit myself to the judgment of an Imam at the local Islamic Centre? I fear submitting myself before an Imam because he might disappoint me by either being racist if he is an Indian or something of the sort or he could be a human being that I can tell is an Imam just for a slice of bread (you'll be amazed in South Africa how religion can be so cheap). I don’t mind having to give 20 percent of my monthly salary if that is the tax I have to comply it doesnt  bother me at all. Please explain the procedure for me please because no one actually has.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
On 1/12/2019 at 4:46 PM, Gabenowa said:

Faith and intellect atleast to me are one and the same. To be able to appreciate God and logic at the same time will be the greatest gift I will ever receive Inshallah. To be able to use logic, philosophy and faith daily in my existence is all I require. If I don’t understand the concept of TRUTH then the fasting and praying etc will be meaningless to me and I will find myself back on atheism believing in materialism without understanding insight. its living with science and logic without insight. and faith alone is insight without science and logic. I need faith,logic and insight to be indivisible otherwise Im converting just to say to the world "HEY LOOK AT ME IM Shia!" "YEAH IM COOL" "YOU JUST A CHRISTIAN THATS SO WHACK" "BE A Shia ITS SO COOL!". No that is not me but I stay in a country which judges its human beings purely by identity and I refuse to give my own mindless society the satisfaction of giving in to its MINDLESSNESS. 

Please enlighten me brother how do I actually convert or 'revert' as a matter of fact? Do I do it alone? Or do I have to face my fears and actually go submit myself to the judgment of an Imam at the local Islamic Centre? I fear submitting myself before an Imam because he might disappoint me by either being racist if he is an Indian or something of the sort or he could be a human being that I can tell is an Imam just for a slice of bread (you'll be amazed in South Africa how religion can be so cheap). I don’t mind having to give 20 percent of my monthly salary if that is the tax I have to comply it doesnt  bother me at all. Please explain the procedure for me please because no one actually has.

Sorry dear for the late reply PM me or email me and I will find time to help insha Allah

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • Advanced Member

As-Salam Alaikum

I hope no one minds me semi-hijacking this thread, but can anyone recommend an online course for reverts/converts? 

I enjoyed checking out the schools and course's recommended, but I think I may need the short bus version. 

 

Thank you in advance.

 

Respectfully~

Funklebits

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
Guest Lover of Islam

Asalaam alaikum wrwb, 

I live in California and I have 3 kids that are ages 8yrs boy,  10 yrs girl, and 13 yrs old boy. My kids don’t go to Islamic school here only public school.  I would like my kids to grow up and know Islam. I tried looking for English Shia teacher but all these teachers are from India or Pakistan that have very thick accents that my kids don't understand what they are saying.  Please help me InshaAllah. My kids knows how to read Qur'an but nothing about the religion. 

Thank you

JazakAllah khairan 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...