Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mohammadi_follower

Relations between muslims and evangelicals

Rate this topic

Salam aleykoum,

I would like to ask you what relations you think we must have with evangelical christians.

Indeed i had personnaly not met so much evangelical christians but i noticed that we have many similarities.

They are in general very invested in their religion, they are for family values, against "lgbt rights", against abortion and so on.

However there are two problems with them from what i observed.

They are in general very zionists and very prozelyt.

But without these two points are we not very similar in our values and we must not be more "closed" ?

Evangelists aren't necessarily one denomination. "Go ye in to all the world and preach the gospel..." covers many groups. 

I've been through the courses and seminars and workshops etc. but wasn't a newby.  To me it's like learning new car sales from used car salesmen. Just my impression. 

Get them converted, get them 'Fired up for the Lord" get them out there telling the good news. Bring them in to the church.

Some recruits have made  "a decision"  This means one Christian leading another to a point of repentance, acceptance of self, acceptance of the sacrifice of Jesus, asking forgiveness, seeking the will of God, seriously.    Most are going through the motions pretending they got it, hoping they'll get it along the way.  It's not hard to tell who has had a true conversion. You can ask them. They should be, as Peter wrote in his first letter; "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

Short conversion story followed by, "and I've been...ever since". Smile, they are doing their best.  If they're more reluctant it's because it's a much longer story, often days in solitaire, prostrate, prayer, many tears. Not something they advertise. 

The message is not trinity, it's repentance and coming to God through Jesus Christ. They want to bring you to repentance.  They truly want you to be saved.

A Muslim knows repentance, as they know surrender, and if you explain it to them in a sincere manner you will quieten them down. They've been taught there is only one way, (as per every subdivision of every religion), but a soft explanation will bring out the similarities. 

When a Muslim and a Christian aren't out to get each other it's amazing how much they can agree on. 

From what I know about them is they try to convince you to believe in Christ as your Lord(God) and Savior and seek repentance and spread the message of Christ and they also have some similarities to us when it comes “lgbt rights” and etc. As for abortions they’re pretty extreme and illogical. 

Islam supports abortion in some cases and doesn’t deny abortion outright. 

They also say Muslims believe in the Moon god. 

10 minutes ago, Anonymous2144 said:

You know all those disgusting things Christians do? Christians have stories about Muslims too.

It's up to you to break that myth. I can give you a couple examples of Islam and the moon, and a dozen places the Bible mentions the moon, but your evangelist friend won't know any of them. Ask him if moon worshiping sounds silly. When he says yes, tell him it sounds silly to you too. 

1 minute ago, Son of Placid said:

You know all those disgusting things Christians do? Christians have stories about Muslims too.

It's up to you to break that myth. I can give you a couple examples of Islam and the moon, and a dozen places the Bible mentions the moon, but your evangelist friend won't know any of them. Ask him if moon worshiping sounds silly. When he says yes, tell him it sounds silly to you too. 

What I know so far is, some Christians do believe that the muslims believe in the same God as they do I.e the Father and some say no either because Muslims don’t believe in the trinity or they believe that the Muslims believe in a moon god. 

I haven’t heard any Christians say anything silly or barbaric about Muslims besides the “Evangelists”. 

I have heard about nabeel Quraysh but that guy probably didn’t search anything about Shi’a islam and searched in the wrong places. Plus he gets most of his info from Sunni’s and that exodus verse that he mentions was a complete deception and mistranslated,  the proper translations is “I Shall Prove to be what I shall Prove to Be” some old manuscripts say “I wyl Be What I wyll Be” if read the verse properly what God was saying  was he would make nature evident through Moses (pbuh) so pharaoh would believe and let the children of Israel go and he will be the God of the Egyptians and Israelites. 

2 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

From what I know about them is they try to convince you to believe in Christ as your Lord(God) and Savior and seek repentance and spread the message of Christ and they also have some similarities to us when it comes “lgbt rights” and etc. As for abortions they’re pretty extreme and illogical. 

Islam supports abortion in some cases and doesn’t deny abortion outright. 

Abortion is actually not supposed to be limited in few cases like rape or if the life of the mother is in danger? 

19 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Abortion is actually not supposed to be limited in few cases like rape or if the life of the mother is in danger? 

If the mother’s life is in danger then abortion is permissible, if a girl gets pregnant due to mutah and can’t bear the burden from the community or fears that her parents might a abandone her or kill her then abortion is also premissble. As for rape having an abortion for being raped is not an lawful unless you can’t bear the burden from your community then it’s permissble. If giving birth causes unbearable difficulties then abortion is also permissble. Have a look at the fatwa of sayyed fadlallah on abortion.  

21 hours ago, alidu78 said:

However there are two problems with them from what i observed.

But without these two points are we not very similar in our values and we must not be more "closed" ?

They are same as us in valise but their mindset is wrongl like as other enemies of Shias the most wretched of Shias are the most religious hardcore  in other religions & sects , shims (la) that martyred Imam hussain was an scholar in religion & many of people in his side were hardcore people in praying but they didn’t have insight but because of that Imam Ali (as) said that he is ready to change 10 person in his army instead of one person in Muawiah (la) army because they were heavily focused on their wrong but imam Ali (as) were scattered in their true way like as this evangelicals are focused on their wrong but we are weak & scatterd in our right way 

Are Muslims Shia becoming like Christians 

15 hours ago, Anonymous2144 said:

What I know so far is, some Christians do believe that the muslims believe in the same God as they do I.e the Father and some say no either because Muslims don’t believe in the trinity or they believe that the Muslims believe in a moon god. 

I haven’t heard any Christians say anything silly or barbaric about Muslims besides the “Evangelists”. 

I have heard about nabeel Quraysh but that guy probably didn’t search anything about Shi’a islam and searched in the wrong places. Plus he gets most of his info from Sunni’s and that exodus verse that he mentions was a complete deception and mistranslated,  the proper translations is “I Shall Prove to be what I shall Prove to Be” some old manuscripts say “I wyl Be What I wyll Be” if read the verse properly what God was saying  was he would make nature evident through Moses (pbuh) so pharaoh would believe and let the children of Israel go and he will be the God of the Egyptians and Israelites. 

If they want to argue, there's no use searching out Shia, just go to answering-islam. They have all the twisted answers. Take what you want, apply it to whoever you want. Make your accusations and walk away while they try to figure out what you're talking about. 

If you want to argue grab a few ideas off the sister site, answering christianity.

If they were taught anything about Islamic piety they wouldn't feel the need to save you.

19 hours ago, Mohammed-Mehdi said:

In the daily life, we should observe our principles, like being nice to other until we have to become angry or be direct and not humble to a person who is not humble for example, no matter who. I M H O

"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.", Romans 12.       Not the easiest when they're annoying. 

On 1/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, alidu78 said:

I would agree that most are zionists...but when you actually look at the actions of some Jews (and Christians & Muslims for that matter), I don't know how anyone can say those actions are condoned by God. My neighbor is from Palestine and was telling me about when she was young, people would release pigs down their street...no true follower of the God of Abraham would do such a thing. 

As far as "very prozelyt," if I am understanding your point, most Christians have not taken the time or effort to know what they believe and why they believe it. They hear a point and try to make a point or interpret the Scriptures without understanding it themselves. One thing that I highly respect in Islam is the fact that children are taught at such a young age and the faith is such and integral part of life.

I'm relatively new to learning about Islam, and there are a lot of things we have in common and there are things that are different. Overall, to answer your question, we should have good relationships with each other. As written in the Injeel,

Matthew 22:36-40 New International Version (NIV)

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

God bless you all, I am looking forward to learning and being part of this community.

I am a born-again Christian. If piety were the way to righteousness with God, I would never be allowed in heaven. My only hope is Jesus Christ. His sinless sacrifice on the cross paid my debt, a debt He did not owe for a debt I could not pay. He was and is God's great gift to all mankind. Repentance is not a work that earns salvation. It is an attitude that I need a Savior. Accepting God's gift is the way. 

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. - 2 Corinthians 5:21

Blessings, 

A sinner saved by grace

3 hours ago, MartyS said:

I am a born-again Christian. If piety were the way to righteousness with God, I would never be allowed in heaven. My only hope is Jesus Christ. His sinless sacrifice on the cross paid my debt, a debt He did not owe for a debt I could not pay. He was and is God's great gift to all mankind. Repentance is not a work that earns salvation. It is an attitude that I need a Savior. Accepting God's gift is the way. 

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. - 2 Corinthians 5:21

Blessings, 

A sinner saved by grace

I am actually not really sure to understand the link between your speech and my topic but at least it looks like you show we don’t have so much in common.

On 1/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, Mohammadi_follower said:

I would like to ask you what relations you think we must have with evangelical Christians.

Evangelical Christians are the Christian version of Wahabbi/Salafi. They think only in zero sum absolutes. Their biggest agenda is supporting and maintainig Israel. Not out of any love of the Jews there but for supporting their belief that when the Jews return to their homeland, and they are all eventually killed that Jesus  - Prophet Isa (عليه السلام) - will then return to the world. So their intentions are not pure in nature since their endgame is the death of all Jews. Hypocritical at the highest level in my opinion. 

They are also the group in the U.S. that hates Muslims the most. Why? Muslims stand against Israel as well as we do not accept their concept of the Trinity. To this end, they go out of their way to smear and defame Islam. They'll quote Quranic verses completely out of context to promote the idea that Muslims hate Christians and Jews with the goal of killing them. They're very skilled at countering any responses from Muslims, the same wa Wahabbi/Salafi are skilled at countering Shi'a responses to their attacks. In fact, I believe it was the Evangelicals that taught those tactics to the Saudis.

Indeed I had personnaly not met so much evangelical Christians but I noticed that we have many similarities.

We have more in common with Catholics, not Evangelicals. Wahabbis/Salafi and Zionists have similairites with Evangelicals.

They are in general very invested in their religion, they are for family values, against "lgbt rights", against abortion and so on.

Which Abrahamic religion isn't ? 

However there are two problems with them from what I observed.

Evangelicals are a smear on the name of Christianity, the same way Wahabbis are an insult to Islam. 

They don't even adhere to the teachings of Christianity, leave alone a respect for Humanity. They are 1/3 of the army of the Devil, the other 2/3 being Wahabbi/Salafi and Zionists. The Devil's strategy has always been to attack the Abrahamic faiths from within by promoting absolutism at the expense of love and dignity.

Until, that absolutist mindset and mentality is contained and eliminated (to be frank, I believe only that the reappearance of the 12th Imam (عليه السلام) is the only way that this evil will be eliminated from the world) the world will not know justice, love and peace.

Edited by Akbar673

On 3/22/2019 at 7:40 AM, Mohammadi_follower said:

I am actually not really sure to understand the link between your speech and my topic but at least it looks like you show we don’t have so much in common.

I deeply respect and admire Muslims for their love of God and family and community and faith. They are as passionate about Islam as I am about the gospel of Jesus. We think we agree that God's holiness demands that all sin be punished. Our differences lie in God's love and plan of redemption and salvation for sinful man. I believe these words of Billy Graham, "God's love provided the cross of Jesus Christ by which man can have forgiveness and cleansing...No matter what sin you (or I) have committed, no matter how black, dirty, shameful, or terrible it may be, God loves you." I cannot explain the love I have for Muslims. But I believe they are a special people in God's sight. And I look forward to worshipping Him with them for eternity.

"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands," - Revelation 7:9

On 1/3/2019 at 12:52 PM, Mohammadi_follower said:

Salam aleykoum,

I would like to ask you what relations you think we must have with evangelical Christians.

Indeed I had personnaly not met so much evangelical Christians but I noticed that we have many similarities.

They are in general very invested in their religion, they are for family values, against "lgbt rights", against abortion and so o there are two problems with them from what I observed.

Mohammadi - Thanks for raising this great topic.  I am Christian and would offer that there is a lot of variety among evangelical Christians, just like there is among Muslims. I'd also offer that we do indeed have a lot in common, such as belief in one God and making Him the center of the universe rather than ourselves.  You raise a good point on them being zionists. There are a fair amount of evangelical Christians who are strong supporters of Israel.  It is a long story but it has to do with their view of the end times (they think that at Jesus' second coming, Israel is going to have a special place in God's coming).  There are lots of Christians, however, like myself that don't think Israel any longer has any special place in God's kingdom.  I don't think there is any reason as a Christian to support Jews vs Muslims.  On proselytization, you are right - Christians are commanded to share the good news of the gospel with all people.   Isn't there a similar emphasis within Islam?  Thank you for asking the question!

On 3/30/2019 at 5:24 PM, Jeff_1 said:

Mohammadi - Thanks for raising this great topic.  I am Christian and would offer that there is a lot of variety among evangelical Christians, just like there is among Muslims. I'd also offer that we do indeed have a lot in common, such as belief in one God and making Him the center of the universe rather than ourselves.  You raise a good point on them being zionists. There are a fair amount of evangelical Christians who are strong supporters of Israel.  It is a long story but it has to do with their view of the end times (they think that at Jesus' second coming, Israel is going to have a special place in God's coming).  There are lots of Christians, however, like myself that don't think Israel any longer has any special place in God's kingdom.  I don't think there is any reason as a Christian to support Jews vs Muslims.  On proselytization, you are right - Christians are commanded to share the good news of the gospel with all people.   Isn't there a similar emphasis within Islam?  Thank you for asking the question!

I'm of the same opinion when it comes to "The promised land". The land was part of a covenant, the symbol of this covenant was an ark which they carried everywhere for years. Then lost it in a war, recouvered it, then lost it for good. If the covenant is gone, where is the promise? 

Just to clarify, the term "evangelical" is a broad term and is not restricted to a particular sect or denomination within Christianity. It is anyone who believes in the doctrines of the Protestant Reformation and believe that the gospel of Jesus Christ must be preached to all nations for the forgiveness of sins and salvation of souls. One can be an Anglican, Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, Pentecostal, a non-denominational, etc. and be evangelical. Even some Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox Christians label themselves as "evangelical" even though the term is normally restricted to Protestant Christians.

What is described by some of our Muslim friends above are not evangelical Christians but fundamentalist Christians. Those two are very different things even though they can overlap at times. Fundies tend to be focused a lot on eschatology (especially espousing the rapture of the church and imminent coming of Jesus Christ to Earth), legalism in ethics, being pro-Israel in the Middle East conflicts, being ultra-conservative in politics, etc. I think we need to clarify some terms before some people start making unwarranted judgments about this issue.