Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Laayla

Forgiving Those Who Oppressed You

Rate this topic

I will never want to forgive those who made lie and false information about me and has create an on going oppression on me. And I want to see the faces of those who made lie about and has slander me on the day of judgement, all their faces.

4 hours ago, learn said:

I will never want to forgive those who made lie and false information about me and has create an on going oppression on me. And I want to see the faces of those who made lie about and has slander me on the day of judgement, all their faces.

Sometimes those who oppressed us are under the influence  of syaitans and his bad nafs (amarah). 

If the person made efforts to seek forgiveness from us... learn to forgive.

If he not yet making effort, ask Allah swt to show him guidance.  Ask Allah swt to remove the person from the syaitans that controlling the person.

Curse and never forgive shaitans.  Unless the person turns into slave of syaitans.  We knew very well why Fatema (as) did not forgive certain so-called leaders.

May Allah swt protect us from syaitans... 

The character of syaitan..he will never try to forgive others.  We shall not have that character.

Edited by layman

Forgiveness is what keeps you breathing.

You want to turn into those old women who hold grudges. Good luck with that.

P.S. Please don't use Sayeda Fatima as an example. WAY different situations and different and HUGE reasons. (+ it wasn't about a simple land)

On 1/2/2019 at 7:02 PM, Laayla said:

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

Islam always encourages us to forgive those who wronged us.

Can you mention a situation where you forgave someone?

What is the wisdom in forgiving people who have treated us wrong, physically, mentally, emotionally?

Right now in front of my eyes, I saw an incident where a resident of a building wanted to kick out the Natoor (lives in a small room with his family who cleans the building).

I see a person who wrongfully hurts others just because he is poor, of a different country, and has no protection from family, country, or law enforcement.

@starlight

Sisters from your experience in life, what has forgiving others taught you?

@Hameedeh

Brothers your perspective on this topic please.

@Haji 2003

@Abu Hadi

@Marbles

Dh told me that we forgive others because we want Allah swt to forgive us as well.  I said we can't oppress Allah swt, we oppress ourselves.   But when it comes to people's rights, before we go to Hajj, ziyarat we ask for forgiveness.   But there is different levels of oppression, like if someone backstabbed me, it is easier to forgive gheeba than for example to forgive someone who stole my land for example.

Sayyida Fatima Zahra didn't forgive Abu Bakr and Umar because they stole her land and prevented her from benefiting the poor and needy from the yield.

Sayyida Fatima didn't forgive Abu Bakr, Umar, because they stole the leadership from Imam Ali 3la salam.

3yesha is not forgiven because she caused blood to be spilled to thousands of Muslims during the Battle of the Camel.

I understand if we forgive other mo2mineen who have done wrongdoing.  But those who willfully hurt others to gain money, power, and land why would anyone forgive them?

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

وَعَلَيْكُمْ السَّلاَمُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ 

In the view of Allah, one who forgives is better than the one who takes revenge most likely.

Have a look at this link.

https://www.al-islam.org/forgiveness-islam/forgiveness-islam

In regards to the incident of 'Fadaq' Ahlul Bayt(asws) likewise Prophet(saww) never kept grudges with anybody for anything, it was not from the characteristics of Ahlul Bayt(asws). Lady Syeda(asws) being among the Ahlul Bayt(asws), I do not believe that she would hold grudge with somebody over a land, They are very merciful, all of them.

Having said that, yes one can say they might have forgiven Fadak looking at how kind they are but Allah did not forgive those who wronged Ahlul Bayt(asws), as we have seen from Quran about the enemies of Prophet(saww) and their treatment by Allah, an example is Abu Lahab.

8 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

In regards to the incident of 'Fadaq' Ahlul Bayt(asws) likewise Prophet(saww) never kept grudges with anybody for anything, it was not from the characteristics of Ahlul Bayt(asws). Lady Syeda(asws) being among the Ahlul Bayt(asws), I do not believe that she would hold grudge with somebody over a land, They are very merciful, all of them.

It is not a grudge if the injustice is ongoing. It is right to have anger toward an active injustice. At any time during her lifetime, those who usurped Fadak could have taken steps to make things right but they didn't. They never even acknowledged wrongdoing or even entertained the possibility of it. 

On 1/3/2019 at 7:02 AM, Qa'im said:

He didn't give up on them, and even pardoned the people of Jamal.

Did he? Any narrations to backup? 

Edited by Sirius_Bright
Offtopic, sorry.

6 hours ago, notme said:

It is not a grudge if the injustice is ongoing. It is right to have anger toward an active injustice. At any time during her lifetime, those who usurped Fadak could have taken steps to make things right but they didn't. They never even acknowledged wrongdoing or even entertained the possibility of it. 

They wronged Ahlul Bayt(asws) in it there is no doubt but Ahlul Bayt(asws) are very far away from being materialistic, the reason why Lady(asws) spoke for Fadak was because she wanted to the clear picture of the culprits in front of everybody.

Anger towards injustice is right but Ahlul Bayt(asws) never became angry on those who oppressed them(asws), they did not do anything for their own 'nafs'.

Have you heard of the story in which in a battle an enemy of Islam spits on Moula Ali(asws) and he(asws) walks back, waits and then kills the enemy saying that had he killed him on that spot it would have been for his own nafs but he waited, calmed his anger and then for the sake of Allah he killed him?

They became angry on those who were the enemies of Islam and not personal enemies.

Try to understand my point. Ahlul Bayt(asws) are far from getting angry over their personal concerns, it is Allah who gets angry when people trouble them(asws) or Prophet Mohammad(saww). And Allah does not forgive their enemies.

There is an ayah similar to the last sentence, I am unable to confirm the ayah number as of now.

But anyway, this is a thorough understanding of how it works.

I have explained you very briefly and I would advise you to go through their(asws) lives seperately and see their(asws) narrations to understand their characters(asws) based on how much they allow you to understand in the first place with pure intention. But this is what I have understood.

Edited by Asghar Ali Karbalai