Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, starlight said:

She is in the middle of wedding preps. The dilemma I am facing now is that should I ask her once to reconsider this or should I just pray for her to be guided and wish her the best.Is it my religious duty to try and stop her once? 

I think you should definetly intervene before its too late. She may not be in a straight thinking state, we can all go through such periods in our life. She will probably thank you for it once she realises her mistake. 

Edited by Murtaza1

10 minutes ago, starlight said:

She is in the middle of wedding preps. The dilemma I am facing now is that should I ask her once to reconsider this or should I just pray for her to be guided and wish her the best.Is it my religious duty to try and stop her once? 

You know your friend better. Think for a while and hold the emotional nerve. I believe Nahi anil munkar is wajib in this case. 

57 minutes ago, starlight said:

If she is a friend, you should talk to her, find out why she felt a need to resort to marrying a Christian man. And after reminding her of the religion, wish her the best and pray for her guidance.

If she's an acquaintance, just wish her the best. 

17 minutes ago, Nevsevug said:

That headline is not true.

The prison only allows prison staff into the execution room. They have a Protestant chaplain on staff. The Muslim convict did not want the minister present, and he was not. The convict's Imam was with him before the execution, and watched from the next room. 

Congratulations to members who were Popular Contributors! Thanks for your participation. 

@Salsabeel @Irfani313 @IbnSina @Shia farm girl @Ibn al-Hussain @layman @Marbles @aaljibar @Sirius_Bright @realizm

4 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

Was he a Muslim man?

The guy had his eye on a girl. Took opportunity to drag her off, rape and kill her, slit her throat actually. While on trial he was already accused of killing two teenage boys in the same area. 

His buddy came forward to confess while Ray was helping Tiffany's mother hand out flyers looking for her. He even offered a reward at one point.

What part of that was Muslim?

1 hour ago, Son of Placid said:

Was he a Muslim man?

The guy had his eye on a girl. Took opportunity to drag her off, rape and kill her, slit her throat actually. While on trial he was already accused of killing two teenage boys in the same area. 

His buddy came forward to confess while Ray was helping Tiffany's mother hand out flyers looking for her. He even offered a reward at one point.

What part of that was Muslim?

I'm sorry but this is about his first amendment rights not about him being a good person or Muslim. 

Also sometimes I post interesting articles/news I see here, I don't always have to agree with any (or all) of it. 

Edited by Nevsevug

8 hours ago, starlight said:

Try and talk her out of this with the best of your human abilities! What's to lose? A lost is being lost for her (and us) if she goes on with this, try your best. iA she's guided. 

13 hours ago, starlight said:

I agree with the others, you need to talk to her and remind her that it is haram, which means that her Creator has specifically forbidden her from this act.

Worst thing that can happen is that you will loose a friend, however I would not wish to have friends who take so lightly on a serious matter like this to begin with. It is not good to keep company like that. Either way you will hopefully not attend her haram and fasad wedding if it actually does happen, so that will regardless end your friendship, IF its going to end regardless it might as well be because you did nahi anil munkar fi sabilillah.

13 hours ago, starlight said:

:salam:

She probably thought about all that, not to mention the issues it must have caused with her family.

You can have a friendly talk with her and tackle the issue softly but it will probably be useless at this point. At least you will have performed your duty.

InchaAllah the future will prove me wrong.

51 minutes ago, realizm said:

will probably be useless at this point. At least you will have performed your duty.

That's my intention ^^ to perform my duty.

8 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

I'm sorry but this is about his first amendment rights not about him being a good person or Muslim. 

Which right was violated? Maybe it's a Sunni thing, but I don't recall any religious obligation to have a scholar present for execution. Can you provide the verses or hadith?

On 2/10/2019 at 1:53 AM, Son of Placid said:

For the most part, Muslims don't like other Muslims. Not my opinion. To put that in context, here's an excerpt from a banned member of ShiaChat.

Omar.JPG.16b79b9e62f6b942f1d2a528a01f90b7.JPG

Hi You say it’s from a banned member that was spreading hate & Wahabists are Hanbali but as said they have one joint points with each other & it’s their hatred toward Shias but we don’t have any encounter with barelvis & they don’t involve themselves in social matters & are busy with their affairs but all who blow up themselves are from Wahhabists & few deobandis .

2 hours ago, notme said:

Which right was violated? Maybe it's a Sunni thing, but I don't recall any religious obligation to have a scholar present for execution. Can you provide the verses or hadith?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I didn't say it's an obligation. The piece simply stated "Ray sued, demanding that the Imam be permitted to remain by his side. The Eleventh Circuit stayed Ray’s execution, finding that the State of Alabama had very likely violated his rights under the First Amendment and the Religious Land Use And Institutionalized Persons Act by substituting its religious for his". I apologise if I'm wrong 

Edited by Nevsevug

https://gulfnews.com/world/Asia/Pakistan/the-horror-of-child-servants-in-Pakistan-uzma-was-battered-to-death-for-taking-one-bite-of-food-1.1549444645559?fbclid=IwAR2qAT24Dkwp6k9zHZsOaxS8gwXfeBl1lLZqCbNRdQe_uJsDKQawANnJnxw

Every couple of years, one incident happens in Pakistan which really shakes me. How can one human being be so so so cruel to another human being? I know such incidents happen a lot, but this girl suffered for 8 months and details of the abuse are just horrifying. People in eastern countries really need to pay attention to mental health. They think only people who suffer from depression or commit suicide have mental health problems. What about people who do such horrific things to other human beings, they also need to see psychiatrists. This incident especially effected me because my ex-husband and in-laws live in the same city, Lahore, and they look so much like 3 women who committed this horrific crime. 

Edited by rkazmi33

I ordered food and it came out to 30.13. I had a 100 and told the driver the keep ten when he was returning the change. I think the .13 will not be paid to the restaurant. Should I go and give them the .13?

1 hour ago, rkazmi33 said:

https://gulfnews.com/world/Asia/Pakistan/the-horror-of-child-servants-in-Pakistan-uzma-was-battered-to-death-for-taking-one-bite-of-food-1.1549444645559?fbclid=IwAR2qAT24Dkwp6k9zHZsOaxS8gwXfeBl1lLZqCbNRdQe_uJsDKQawANnJnxw

Every couple of years, one incident happens in Pakistan which really shakes me. How can one human being be so so so cruel to another human being? I know such incidents happen a lot, but this girl suffered for 8 months and details of the abuse are just horrifying. People in eastern countries really need to pay attention to mental health. They think only people who suffer from depression or commit suicide have mental health problems. What about people who do such horrific things to other human beings, they also need to see psychiatrists. This incident especially effected me because my ex-husband and in-laws live in the same city, Lahore, and they look so much like 3 women who committed this horrific crime. 

Thanks.  Sadly, this is not new or unique.  In Pakistan, many "servants" (slaves would be a closer term than employee) are mistreated if not by blatant physical abuse but by constant degradation by those who feel they are superior human beings to the lowly ones washing their dishes and cleaning up their personal mess. The biggest inhumanity is that is so common place and accepted that it is not even something that is considered worthy of remarking about let alone actually doing something to address it.  There are no shortage of excuses are made to retain the status quo.  

Edited by forte

1 hour ago, Nevsevug said:

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I didn't say it's an obligation. The piece simply stated "Ray sued, demanding that the Imam be permitted to remain by his side. The Eleventh Circuit stayed Ray’s execution, finding that the State of Alabama had very likely violated his rights under the First Amendment and the Religious Land Use And Institutionalized Persons Act by substituting its religious for his". I apologise if I'm wrong 

I mean, which rights is he claiming were violated?

5 hours ago, notme said:

I mean, which rights is he claiming were violated?

Actually conversing earlier with someone who knows people in the Huntsville prison. Managed to break it down to the view room and kill room. Last statement was only the doctor and condemned in the kill room. There's a big window, condemned decides hood or not. There's no word an Imam was refused the view room. Uncertain if clergy was allowed to get any closer or not at this point.

30 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

Actually conversing earlier with someone who knows people in the Huntsville prison. Managed to break it down to the view room and kill room. Last statement was only the doctor and condemned in the kill room. There's a big window, condemned decides hood or not. There's no word an Imam was refused the view room. Uncertain if clergy was allowed to get any closer or not at this point.

I read that only prison personnel were allowed in the death chamber and that there were prison personnel who were clergy, but the clergy did not include an Imam.  It made sense to me as prison personnel are presumably trained for this and would be able to be held accountable if they did or said anything that would cause problems or interfere with the process.  However, I do not see why he would not be allowed in the viewing room as the prisoners can make requests.

Edited by forte

3 hours ago, forte said:

I read that only prison personnel were allowed in the death chamber and that there were prison personnel who were clergy, but the clergy did not include an Imam.  It made sense to me as prison personnel are presumably trained for this and would be able to be held accountable if they did or said anything that would cause problems or interfere with the process.  However, I do not see why he would not be allowed in the viewing room as the prisoners can make requests.

I try not to jump to an opinion too quickly on these things. I still don't know if he was denied any rights or if the media spun it. Somebody closer to the scene will have to come out with more info. At least nobody was wearing a MAGA hat this time.

@laithAlIRAQI

Alhamd'Allah 3la salamah, brother.

Make sure everyday you put sadaqa.

Sadaqa tadf3 al bala2

Believe me brother there are no accidents, just lessons to learn from.

Don't let material things stand between other human beings.

Whatever happened, happened.  Insh'Allah khayr.

What benefit can humanity derive from dormant feelings that hide in the heart have no effect whatsoever in real life?

More goodwill for human life is not sufficient. Genuine goodness inevitably involves action.

Edited by حسين

Our guard dog is sleeping. 

The cat is sitting at the window growling threateningly at the men working on the house next door. 

I feel like they're doing each other's jobs. 

At least the dog isn't chasing mice. We don't have mice. The cats are purely entertainment and furry companionship. And at that, they're much better than a big smelly, albeit reliably friendly, terrible guard dog. 

Edited by notme
Typo.

10 hours ago, حسين said:

What benefit can humanity derive from dormant feelings that hide in the heart have no effect whatsoever in real life?

More goodwill for human life is not sufficient. Genuine goodness inevitably involves action.

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) mentioned this numerous times in Qur'an. We have to act, compete in goodness, fulfill the needs of other mo2mneen, give charity in secret, Birr towards our parents both when they are alive and dead,and many other opportunities that we can take advantage of before our death.

وَلِكُلٍّ وِجْهَةٌ هُوَ مُوَلِّيهَا فَاسْتَبِقُواْ الْخَيْرَاتِ أَيْنَ مَا تَكُونُواْ يَأْتِ بِكُمُ اللّهُ جَمِيعًا إِنَّ اللّهَ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ

2:148

وَلَوْ شَاء اللّهُ لَجَعَلَكُمْ أُمَّةً وَاحِدَةً وَلَـكِن لِّيَبْلُوَكُمْ فِي مَآ آتَاكُم فَاسْتَبِقُوا الخَيْرَاتِ إِلَى الله مَرْجِعُكُمْ جَمِيعًا فَيُنَبِّئُكُم بِمَا كُنتُمْ فِيهِ تَخْتَلِفُونَ

5:48
Thanks for the reminder brother.I hope you and your family are well and in good health.  Insh'Allah one day you're able to raise a family in Lebnan.  
M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

15 hours ago, حسين said:

doesn’t mean they won’t see the light of day just because they’re dormant and even if we’re unable to act on them, we will still be rewarded for having those thoughts. 

9 hours ago, Triggered said:

doesn’t mean they won’t see the light of day just because they’re dormant and even if we’re unable to act on them, we will still be rewarded for having those thoughts. 

What gain is humanity having from people keeping those feelings hidden? Even animals have feelings but they do not act upon them.

10 hours ago, Triggered said:

Feelings or thoughts which do not become actions benefit only the self, not the world. Yes, it is a minimum expectation and will get some small reward as a deed, but not much. 

On 2/14/2019 at 2:32 AM, حسين said:

Genuine goodness inevitably involves action.

Paul said; Faith, without works is dead.

Dead faith doesn't do a lot. Times are changing. Atheists are taking over. They want religion out of the goodwill business.

Calgary, 2018. The Mustard Seed is a Christian organization that meets the needs of the down and out. Alcoholics, addicts, etc. Over the summer they are used to hiring students with government grants. 

Last year new rules came out. Regardless what you fill out on the grant form, you have to sign an attestation that your organization and everyone in it is 100% pro choice. The majority of Christians are pro life, and the only right answer is pro choice, they lose. The Mustard seed tried to file as neutral but that didn't work either. Thousands of faith-based organizations went without funding.

There is also pressure to "equalize" the work force by hiring LGBW/Es. They are basically forcing all religious groups to go against their morals, or get out of the business.