Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

23 minutes ago, notme said:

End birthright citizenship

Is he really trying to do that? It surely can’t happen. 

5 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

Is he really trying to do that? It surely can’t happen. 

No, it was just one of his campaign promises. That's part of why he's so appealing to racist swamp trolls. 

Guest Deeda
14 minutes ago, notme said:

No, it was just one of his campaign promises. That's part of why he's so appealing to racist swamp trolls. 

Could you explain why he has donated every cent of his salary to charity?

Most of your list to be honest, he has done partially or tried to do, but was blocked from doing.

It’s the last night of the month of Ramadan. His luggage is packed, placed by the door and the place is full with people who came to have a final look at him and enjoy a last moment with the guest. As we watch the guest sipping his final drops of our hospitality, he asks to be excused; we realize now that all the hospitality we offered was not yet enough to meet his status. So we hold his hand tight wish that he would not let go and hope to keep him longer. We become remorseful and ask for forgiveness and say “My dear guest, I’m sorry.”
At the end of this blessed month we say “O Allah, forgive me. My Lord, I could have done more but I did not, so forgive me. My Lord, excuse my shortcomings and blemishes, You are indeed oft -Forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me.”

Ali b. Abi Talib may Allah be pleased with him once said, “Be concerned more over the acceptance of your deeds than over the deeds themselves for Allah does not accept deeds except from the righteous. Didn’t you read Allah’s statement: ‘Verily, Allah accepts only from the Muttaqeen -Righteous.’ (al-Ma’idah 5:27)”
It’s time to prepare our presentation for the angels to see and report to Allah. How professional do you think our presentation will look? This is the time when you need all the skills of du’a and invocation you have learned so far. And if you feel it’s too late to prepare for this presentation, then know that Allah accepts from the deeds their ends. Therefore, make your last deeds the best of all deeds.
We ask Allah to accept from us the little, regardless of how much it was, of what we offered from acts of worship during this blessed month of Ramadan.

In a final moment of showing our gratitude to our beloved guest and how much we were honored with his presence, we raise our voices with thanks and praises, with shukr and takbeer to Allah. 
Allah says: “He wants you to complete the prescribed period and to glorify Him (in takbeer) in that He has guided you, and perchance you shall be grateful.” (al-Baqarah 2:185).

16 minutes ago, notme said:

Oh my God, no wonder then. 

3 hours ago, starlight said:

How are things with 'blimp' visiting your country?

There's one group that thinks we have a "special" relationship and licking its lips at the thought of trade deals. There's another group terrified of that relationship becoming more special:

US rates of campylobacter infection are 10 times higher than in the United Kingdom. The US records hundreds of salmonella deaths a year; the United Kingdom has in recent years recorded none.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jun/03/the-truth-about-chlorinated-chicken-review-an-instant-appetite-ruiner

7 hours ago, ireallywannaknow said:

It’s the last night of the month of Ramadan. His luggage is packed, placed by the door and the place is full with people who came to have a final look at him and enjoy a last moment with the guest. As we watch the guest sipping his final drops of our hospitality, he asks to be excused; we realize now that all the hospitality we offered was not yet enough to meet his status. So we hold his hand tight wish that he would not let go and hope to keep him longer. We become remorseful and ask for forgiveness and say “My dear guest, I’m sorry.”
At the end of this blessed month we say “O Allah, forgive me. My Lord, I could have done more but I did not, so forgive me. My Lord, excuse my shortcomings and blemishes, You are indeed oft -Forgiving and You love forgiveness, so forgive me.”

Ali b. Abi Talib may Allah be pleased with him once said, “Be concerned more over the acceptance of your deeds than over the deeds themselves for Allah does not accept deeds except from the righteous. Didn’t you read Allah’s statement: ‘Verily, Allah accepts only from the Muttaqeen -Righteous.’ (al-Ma’idah 5:27)”
It’s time to prepare our presentation for the angels to see and report to Allah. How professional do you think our presentation will look? This is the time when you need all the skills of du’a and invocation you have learned so far. And if you feel it’s too late to prepare for this presentation, then know that Allah accepts from the deeds their ends. Therefore, make your last deeds the best of all deeds.
We ask Allah to accept from us the little, regardless of how much it was, of what we offered from acts of worship during this blessed month of Ramadan.

In a final moment of showing our gratitude to our beloved guest and how much we were honored with his presence, we raise our voices with thanks and praises, with shukr and takbeer to Allah. 
Allah says: “He wants you to complete the prescribed period and to glorify Him (in takbeer) in that He has guided you, and perchance you shall be grateful.” (al-Baqarah 2:185).

So beautiful :( May Allah accept all our amaal and forgive our sins. Tomorrow's the last fast here in Canada. SubhanAllah how quickly the month passed by.. how much more could've been done and taken advantage of, it serves as a reminder to take any good that we can from this life so we don't feel this regret when we are closer to our death and when our time here is up. 

Hope to experience this beloved month again next year, I'll miss you oh beloved month of Ramadan. :sorry:

Edited by noorihussain.x

On 6/3/2019 at 12:18 AM, ireallywannaknow said:

Ponderings: Calling ourselves servants or slaves of Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) gives the impression that we are helping him or doing work to benefit Him, as slaves and servants in this world do. I wonder what a better term would be... Captives maybe? As we rely totally on Him and look for Allah to have mercy on us in every situation. And any good we do benefits only ourselves. 

The word 'slave' does provoke a startled hesitancy from someone raised in the West, I haven't figured out an explanation yet . . . inshallah I will. But there cannot be "a better term" because the Qur'an is revealed as it is. No changes.

Guest Doodle
5 hours ago, starlight said:

Wish I could be there.

In terms of living here, or protesting against brother Trump?

2 minutes ago, Guest Doodle said:

brother Trump?

:confused:

Joking, right?

Or trolling....

I realize "brother in humanity", but let's be serious. That man is the epitome of all that is evil in our world. 

Guest Doodle
Just now, notme said:

:confused:

Joking, right?

Or trolling....

I realize "brother in humanity", but let's be serious. That man is the epitome of all that is evil in our world. 

Do you not consider Trump as a fool who has exposed the US, allows the rest of us to more easily criticise US actions, and has unknowingly halted any serious attempt at the US making headway with its policies? He is like controlled opposition. He has undermined the US , the government of the US, and has turned the presidency of a regime that often causes wars and poverty globally into a joke. He has exposed congress, the senate, and the fake economically left but in truth centrist and right-wing, and has paved the way for economically progressive candidates. He was probably the best outcome of that election. 

And who is to discount he becomes a better human being and converts to Islam?