Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

On 1/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, Laayla said:

@notme

Assalam Alikum sister 

You can call corporate and verify.  This is what I read about it.

What's in a Fry?

But they didn’t change their recipe one bit. Their website still lists the ingredientsfor all to see.

As a representative explained: “With regard to our French fries, any customer in the you.S. who contacts McDonald's United States to ask if they contain beef flavoring is told 'yes.'"

The way it works is, McDonald's French fry suppliers add a very small amount of beef flavor to the oil in the par-frying process at the potato processing plant before shipping the spuds to individual outlets. Once at the restaurant, the fries are cooked in vegetable oil. That same representative went on to say that, "In addition, we have no plans to change the way we prepare our French fries in the you.S. However, it is important to know that our French fries are prepared differently in other countries.”

https://www.thoughtco.com/mcdonalds-french-fries-still-not-vegetarian-3970283

20190516_142412.jpg

Edited by Ali~J

Anyone familiar with the newer m.2 ssd? I want to order one and I'm unsure if I should get the 120gb or the 240gb version, considering I already have a 1tb sshd.

I found the western digital green 120gb for 27$ and 42$ for the 240gb. 

I'm guessing the better option is the bigger one?

Edited by laithAlIRAQI

10 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Anyone familiar with the newer m.2 ssd? I want to order one and I'm unsure if I should get the 120gb or the 240gb version, considering I already have a 1tb sshd.

I found the western digital green 120gb for 27$ and 42$ for the 240gb. 

I'm guessing the better option is the bigger one?

I used older version of Ssd  from WDfor my pc & it was good with high speed  but for new version I don't have information that bigger one is always better option if you caneed afford it but you muse check ppole that buyed it before you tI check their expirence from new version of ssd

On 5/14/2019 at 6:20 PM, notme said:

I've heard that too, but couldn't find reference to it online. When I get home I'll look at my books, inshallah, and if someone knows where to find that reference if it exists, hopefully they will post it. 

Did you find out something about this?

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

Did you find out something about this?

Oh... I'm sorry I forgot to get back to you on it. I couldn't find anything limiting the number of verses, though I have heard people mention that too. I guess either it's a cultural tradition, or it's a ruling of another marja. Or possibly I just couldn't find it. 

On 5/14/2019 at 11:03 AM, IbnSina said:

Isnt there a limitation to the amount of ayahs she can recite while on period? I have heard something like that before.

There is a limited amount of ayahs (7 verses of the Holy Qur'an) for anyone who needs to take ghusl: if someone (male or female) is in the state of impurity and they find out that someone has passed away, they can read Surah Fatiha (7 ayahs) for that deceased person even though they are impure (no ghusl or wudhu). 

I referred to someone as "puerile" at the dinner table, and my family accused me of using big words to make myself look smart. I really didn't even think about it - if was the right word to express the meaning that I needed. 

(Puerile means "like little boys", and I was describing how the men at someone's workplace act, with their constant pranks and crude jokes.)

What words or phrases do you use, that cause other people to look at you funny? 

Or is it just me?

Request for duas 

Sheikh al-Hilli's son Hadi is undergoing chemotherapy. Please keep little Hadi and the family in your duas in this holy month especially during the nights of 19th,21st and 23rd.

Edited by starlight

On 5/18/2019 at 4:29 AM, Hameedeh said:

There is a limited amount of ayahs (7 verses of the Holy Qur'an) for anyone who needs to take ghusl: if someone (male or female) is in the state of impurity and they find out that someone has passed away, they can read Surah Fatiha (7 ayahs) for that deceased person even though they are impure (no ghusl or wudhu). 

Yes, thats what I remember hearing as well, do you have the source for this rule?