Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

What are the rulings regarding the recitation of the holy Qur'an or the touching of it for a woman who is menstruating?

She can recite all except the verses which require sajda, but she may not touch the text. 

https://www.Sistani.org/english/qa/01296/

The Shia Muslim scholars and speakers attended the annual gathering at the Islamic Centre of England.

The respected attendees came from across the country including Scotland, Wales, Ireland and various cities in England. 

They gather to discuss the topics which touch the lives of the community most. This year Education and particularity the introduction of the subject of RSE was seen to be the most concerning for the community.

IMG_0526.JPG

3 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

Are you allowed to say Shiachat names in Salat ul Layl? Lol

Why not. Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) and His angels knows who is starlight, just saying.:rolleyes:

19 hours ago, notme said:

She can recite all except the verses which require sajda, but she may not touch the text. 

https://www.Sistani.org/english/qa/01296/

Isnt there a limitation to the amount of ayahs she can recite while on period? I have heard something like that before.

15 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Isnt there a limitation to the amount of ayahs she can recite while on period? I have heard something like that before.

I've heard that too, but couldn't find reference to it online. When I get home I'll look at my books, inshallah, and if someone knows where to find that reference if it exists, hopefully they will post it. 

If anyone can spare some duas for this family:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/RayEwing

May is brain cancer awareness month. If you've got some spare time, educate yourselves. If you donate to cancer organizations such as The American Cancer Society, those funds will be used for cancers that have good cure rates, not for brain cancer. 

Edited by notme

Guest Foodie
On 5/14/2019 at 7:03 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:
The Shia Muslim scholars and speakers attended the annual gathering at the Islamic Centre of England.

The respected attendees came from across the country including Scotland, Wales, Ireland and various cities in England. 

They gather to discuss the topics which touch the lives of the community most. This year Education and particularity the introduction of the subject of RSE was seen to be the most concerning for the community.

IMG_0526.JPG

Seems like all 313 are there. One seems to be getting a call from Najaf too!! -:) .. 

Joke apart, I’m glad they gathered, talked about similar agendas, and some strategies for the future, I hope. Respects!! 

What is RSE? 

2 hours ago, Guest Foodie said:

Seems like all 313 are there. One seems to be getting a call from Najaf too!! -:) .. 

Joke apart, I’m glad they gathered, talked about similar agendas, and some strategies for the future, I hope. Respects!! 

What is RSE? 

Relationships and Sex Education, you know where they now can teach preteens it is ok to question their sexual identifaction and genders etc. Guess it is the equivalent of the watered down PSE (Personal Social Ed) as it was known in my days.