Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

21 minutes ago, notme said:

My mom said I'm "mean" on Facebook and now I'm confused. I scrolled through everything I've posted in the past two months and I didn't see anything I would consider "mean". 

I've somehow accidentally cyberbullied my own mother and I have no idea what I did! Help! 

Maybe she didn't mean 'mean' or meant to mean 'mean' and didn't mean either, but meant an arithmetic mean or a middle mean rather than an angry mean or shabby, baggy mean, so you have to ask her her purposeful mean. You get my lexicographic mean?

22 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Maybe she didn't mean 'mean' or meant to mean 'mean' and didn't mean either, but meant an arithmetic mean or a middle mean rather than an angry mean or shabby, baggy mean, so you have to ask her her purposeful mean. You get my lexicographic mean?

Thanks for the lexicographic analysis.

She meant I allegedly say things that hurt her feelings. 

I suspect my political and social views hurt her feelings because she either wishes she had them, or wishes I didn't, or both. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the nicest people I know. 

Such a gent! Who says chivalry is dead!! 

Just done my good deed for today, this morning at the Aldi check out I was behind an old lady in the queue, her bill came to £52 but she only had just under £50, she didn't want me to help her but I insisted and in no time we had all her shopping back on the shelves.

Edited by starlight

So l am here with the TV running in the background. Having not paid any attention to it, l didn't realize there was thislndian cooking show on, some title with an "Alamululu" or whomever. The subject? Lentile Crapes. Dumping boiled beans into a skillet with eggs is worhty of TV show? Well, this is American television.

I finally got an answer to the question that why doesn't Iran do anything to help Muslims who are being oppressed by China and other allies and why does Iran support a corrupt Iraqi government. It's an Islamic principal that if you have made peace treaty with a country, you cannot help the Muslims oppressed by that country, it's like breaking a promise. Apparently it's in the Qur'an. Too bad for the Muslims stuck in those countries. I guess they are just "collateral damage". 

Edited by rkazmi33

5 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

I finally got an answer to the question that why doesn't Iran do anything to help Muslims who are being oppressed by China and other allies and why does Iran support a corrupt Iraqi government. It's an Islamic principal that if you have made peace treaty with a country, you cannot help the Muslims oppressed by that country, it's like breaking a promise. Apparently it's in the Qur'an. Too bad for the Muslims stuck in those countries. I guess they are just "collateral damage". 

But why do business with them ? 

4 hours ago, Pearl178 said:

But why do business with them ? 

Salam every Muslim country is doing business with China but Iran just helped Syria & Iraq based on their official asking but Uighurs are just asking help from Turkey & KSA that Iran just supports them based on it's moral duty for supporting any oppressed around the world although can neglect them because currently needs China support for bypassing America sanction but KSA is great Ally of America that also sells oil to China too that boycotting  China can force It to stop it's mistreatment against Uighurs but KSA &Turkey really don't care about them which only KSA just sees them as new generation of ISIS fighters & Turkey just supports idea of of fake Turkistan state as a base for more influence in east of Asia.

14 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

It's an Islamic principal that if you have made peace treaty with a country, you cannot help the Muslims oppressed by that country, it's like breaking a promise. Apparently it's in the Qur'an. Too bad for the Muslims stuck in those countries. I guess they are just "collateral damage". 

There's no such thing in the Qur'an. Having a peace treaty is one thing and oppressed Muslims or supporting the corrupt is another.

They're not related and Islamic principles are very clear about the above. Please don't mix current events and politics with faith. 

2 hours ago, Moalfas said:

There's no such thing in the Qur'an. Having a peace treaty is one thing and oppressed Muslims or supporting the corrupt is another.

They're not related and Islamic principles are very clear about the above. Please don't mix current events and politics with faith. 

I was listening to a tafseer session and the principle in Qur'an is this: If some Muslims are being oppressed by Kafir, they should migrate. If they ask you for help, you can help them but not against those people who have signed a peace treaty with you, because then you would be breaking your agreement. In the tafsir class, there was no mention of Iran or current events. But isn't it obvious that Iran and Shias in general ignore all the oppression commited by China, Russia and Bashar ul Asad? I thought about the reason why and according to the principle given in Qur'an, it makes sense. 

Edited by rkazmi33

@rkazmi33 please share the Tafseer session you're referring to if available? 

Justice and Haqq is a conerstone in Islamic principles. Islam would never condone turning a blind eye to oppression and corruption; rather the opposite is true regardless of a peace treaty.

The actions of any Shia anywhere around the world do not necessarily represent the Qur'an and its principles or the faith just like the actions of a bunch of extremists do not necessarily represent Islam as a whole. Even though both could claim to represent the faith. 

Truth is not identified by the labels of Muslim or Shia. Rather, it's known by identifying the truth and the Haqq stand and seeing who's sticking to it. 

Also, many Shias have spoken out against the injustices in Syria, Russia and China so it's not black and white.

Edited by Moalfas
Further thoughts

2 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

@Moalfas this is the tafseer session I was talking about. It's in Urdu, I am not sure if you understand Urdu. The part I was talking about starts from 33:14. 

From what I understood he said one state should not be expected to interfere and resolve petty issues of people living under another state. The only exception is when a state isn't allowing people to follow their religion. 

6 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

All the people below were sacked.

21891104-7762377-image-a-65_157560140835

They would have known better so I've got no sympathy, but whoever was in charge of the taking of this photo and allowed it is still employed by the state. 

The media should show the faces of these men and women, so that they have difficulty finding similar employment elsewhere. 

Errrrrrrrrr . . . :furious: at you, ShiaChatMod

Since last 01Jan l have been planning to start the "Thoughts 2020" thread just to satiate my egomania . . . and then you jump in ~12 hours early and do it . . . again!

:dwarf:"l am losing my vocabulary over this!"

:ranting: "Remember the old adage: Recriminations always come later."

:fever: "Now l gave myself a headache."

Salam, brother . . . another Hasan the Horrible's rants.

:grin: "And this is my thought before l go do my monthly laundry."

Here is the full clip with english subtitles, the clip is called Thursday Appointment and is referring to Iranians habit of visiting graveyards on thursday, in the clip, the old man is on his way to visit his wives grave and give her flowers.

9 hours ago, starlight said:
Brought tears to my eyes :(

8 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Errrrrrrrrr . . . :furious: at you, ShiaChatMod

Since last 01Jan l have been planning to start the "Thoughts 2020" thread just to satiate my egomania . . . and then you jump in ~12 hours early and do it . . . again!

I got a text message this morning at 8 from my friend in Australia who was counting the minutes until midnight. So from that perspective it was late, not early..