Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

Has any non-Muslim member of this site ever started a topic on what to do when ignorant people verbally or even physically threaten to attack Muslim friends/relatives?

I would like to see it.

If not, I suppose I could.

I'm debating whether it should be titled " Having 'Fun ' While Walking in Public with your Muslims" or " Why LCM is Probably Going to Jail Some Day Really Soon."

I dunno.

Reaching the end of my personal patience  rope with some people around here.

17 minutes ago, starlight said:

Don't know what changed more in the last three years, me or Shiachat? but there is something amiss. :missing:

Probably some of each. 

15 hours ago, starlight said:

Don't know what changed more in the last three years, me or Shiachat? but there is something amiss. :missing:

Other than a little fewer posts, you haven't change. You are also a Mod now so your considered view is different.

17 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Has any non-Muslim member of this site ever started a topic on what to do when ignorant people verbally or even physically threaten to attack Muslim friends/relatives?

I would like to see it.

If not, I suppose I could.

hi as I know you will be the first person that we appreciate you for your incoming post.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Other than a little fewer posts, you haven't change. You are also a Mod now so your considered view is different.

Thank you.  This was reassuring!

On 11/8/2019 at 10:15 AM, ireallywannaknow said:

A relative of mine is a graphic designer, but they mentioned one time to me they they aquired their design programs by someone hacking it for them. I need some design work done and I want to support a family member but it seems very wrong to ask them knowing what I know. I wonder what I should do. 

Ask anybody else but them. By supporting this relative, you are okay with stealing and entitled behavior.

What's stopping this person from buying the program they stole?

39 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Ask anybody else but them. By supporting this relative, you are okay with stealing and entitled behavior.

What's stopping this person from buying the program they stole?

It costs $100 a year that they don't have. There is no buying it, you have to keep renewing the subscription yearly. If it was just about buying it I might offer to buy it for them but this way I can't afford to keep paying that for someone else either. You are right though I will look elsewhere. 

A very close friend's cousin passed away a few days ago due to an illness, he was only 10 years old. She invited me to his burial and although I usually do not have the heart to attend such events, I went for her. It was the most devastating thing ever to witness a mother watch her 10 year old child get buried. And what makes it worse is that this was her second child that died due to the same illness. Please keep my friend's family in your duas.. they aren't in a good condition at all. :( 

1 hour ago, ireallywannaknow said:

It costs $100 a year that they don't have. There is no buying it, you have to keep renewing the subscription yearly. If it was just about buying it I might offer to buy it for them but this way I can't afford to keep paying that for someone else either. You are right though I will look elsewhere. 

There are plenty of softwares that could do the same thing as this subscription.

Happy Veterans Day to my dad ( Korea) and my father-in-law (RIP) ( WW2) who fought in the US armed forces.

Happy Veterans Day as well in memoriam to all my ancestors who FOUGHT  the US armed forces  and anyone else so that my grandson can still enjoy his beautiful valley.

image.jpeg

Sometimes you may be deceived by your property and your bodily health into supposing that you will last forever. 
Sometimes you are deceived by your long life, your children and your friends into thinking that you will be saved by them. 
Sometimes you are deceived by your beauty and the circumstances of your birth, which bring you your hopes and desires so easily that you think that you are truthful and successful in achieving your goal. 

Sometimes you are deceived by the regret you show people for your shortcoming in worship, but Allah knows the opposite of that is in your heart. 
Sometimes you make yourself worship in a spirit of reluctance; but Allah desires sincerity. 
Sometimes you imagine that you are calling on Allah when you are calling on another. 
Sometimes you imagine that you are giving good counsel to people, while your real desire is that they bow to you. 
Sometimes you blame yourself when you are really praising yourself.

Know that you will only emerge from the darkness of delusion and desire by sincerely turning in repentance to Almighty Allah, and to whatever you know about Him, and to recognize the faults in your self which are not consistent with your intellect and knowledge, and which the faith, the law and the customary practices of the Holy Prophet and the Imams of guidance do not tolerate.

If you are content with your present condition, there is no one more wretched than you in knowledge and action, nor anyone with a more wasted life. 

You will inherit grief on the Day of Resurrection.

~Imam Sadiq (عليه السلام)

'Shia' girls with 'Hijabs' uploading tiktok videos of them dancing or lip synching. I don't think I have ever come across anything more distasteful.

22 minutes ago, starlight said:

'Shia' girls with 'Hijabs' uploading tiktok videos of them dancing or lip synching. I don't think I have ever come across anything more distasteful.

This will put the "Gong Show" out of business. Chuck Barris got that "they will do anything to be on TV" idea back in the mid-70s when trying to develop a talent show as TV had in the 1950s. The show had people and their "talents" so ignorant that many people could not follow them.