Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 10/17/2019 at 10:35 AM, notme said:

people thinking we are the kind of parents who let their child "decide" their gender. I keep telling myself "it's his hair, he can keep it long if he wants to" but it drives me nuts. 

That's a shame, people really ought mind their own business and stop making assumptions like that. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

That's a shame, people really ought mind their own business and stop making assumptions like that. :(

Ha. Actually I was the one who assumed what they might be thinking.... 

My son doesn't talk much, but when asked if he wanted a haircut, he shook his head and said "long". Not only is it his head, his choice, but also he uses words so little, I think they should be appreciated when he does use them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hasanhh said:

:sorry:"No"

ای کاش = if only

یادمان باشد = we would remember that

با شکستن دل دیگران = by breaking other people's hearts

خوشبختر نمیشویم = we do not become more prosperous/lucky

ای کاش بدانیم = if only we knew that

 اگر دلیل اشک کسی بشویم= if we become the reason for another's tears

دیگر با او طرف نیستیم= then we have not confronted/started a war with them,

Rather

با خدا طرفیم = we have confronted/taken a side against God (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

l am watching "The Day" at dw.com. The theme is the rioting in Chile and Lebanon.

Chile: so an announced 3% hike in public transportation fares triggers protests that degenerate into rioting. You can figure the anti-social trouble makers filed into the city. A torched garment factory murdered 5 people, in one example.

Then, today, while declaring a State of Emergency, Chile's President inanely provokes the non-violent protesters by characterizing the situation as a 'war'... 'against evil'.

Question: How do such seriously inept people talk their way into positions of responsibility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of older siblings are turning against younger siblings? I was watching Dr.... Phil and I keep seeing shows where parents and the eldest sibling have made a team against younger sibling. They complain about the bad behavior of one person and present her as a monster but I can see what's the reason of that bad behavior. When you are constantly compared to someone and your whole family forms a team against you, it hurts you and makes you angry. It does effect your studies and you become a failure which gives people more reasons to critisize you. It's a vicious circle. I have seen this happening to a lot of younger siblings. What are the odds that all younger siblings are just evil people? I think that it happens with narcissistic parents, they have one golden child and one black sheep. They torture the scape goat with the help of golden child. But why are so many parents becoming narcissistic? I thought it was happening because how Trump treats Ivanka and is so unfair to his other kids. But people hate Trump, so why are they imitating his behavior? 

Edited by rkazmi33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came across a few Russians and Azerbaijani people in Arbaeen walk all had these posters attached to their back.

I was curious and I was walking behind them for sometime. Finally got some courage and asked them who they are.

Finally they got someone who speaks English so I could understand to tell me who they are.

These guys protested against the government when Azerbaijan banned Hijab for several years and were jailed. 

I asked them "Isn't Azerbaijan a Muslim country"

The guy replied " Yes but the President is Yazid"

 

 

IMG_20191023_015607_compress62.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

Over on the Greta Thunberg-Hype thread, theMuzzy posted a video that took me an hour to find an alternate working site.

Climate + coverage + silly is an opine on how hyped this ClimateFraud/Crisis is.

Media criticizing other media for "inadequate coverage", teenage truants, how much Australia's taxes have been increased to pay for climate projects, demands to shut down hundreds of billions of worth of companies. QUIP: :dry:"l wonder why these activists -who want to buddhistly ban cattle- do not advocate banning beans to lower methane gas emissions?"

Like the commentator said, in paraphrase,  l am supposed to change my life because of 'protesting' elementary kids and teenagers skipping school?

Viewing this pop ralley on the film, l thought:

"The more things change, the more the 60s remain."

Looked Iike a Iot of old-Hippies leading some of those rallies.

[(No apologies to Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr --1808-1890)]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hasanhh said:

.

Over on the Greta Thunberg-Hype thread, theMuzzy posted a video that took me an hour to find an alternate working site.

Climate + coverage + silly is an opine on how hyped this ClimateFraud/Crisis is.

Media criticizing other media for "inadequate coverage", teenage truants, how much Australia's taxes have been increased to pay for climate projects, demands to shut down hundreds of billions of worth of companies. QUIP: :dry:"l wonder why these activists -who want to buddhistly ban cattle- do not advocate banning beans to lower methane gas emissions?"

Like the commentator said, in paraphrase,  l am supposed to change my life because of 'protesting' elementary kids and teenagers skipping school?

Viewing this pop ralley on the film, l thought:

"The more things change, the more the 60s remain."

Looked Iike a Iot of old-Hippies leading some of those rallies.

[(No apologies to Jean-Baptiste Alphonse Karr --1808-1890)]

I wonder how many of these kids with the CO2phobia have a soda stream at home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

I wonder how many of these kids with the CO2phobia have a soda stream at home. 

:clap:Congrats !  Good Point !

Carbonated drinks, soda, fizzies, beer, . . . what else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CO2 and Soot emissions:   :cry:

l was reading this about California blackouts: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-massive-power-blackouts-could-become-way-life-n1071131 

and l thought, since the 1950s, California has becaome a crazier place every year. And is the World's 7th largest economy.

l sincerely hope all our ShiaChat members there are OK out in 'KrazyKornia'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a new scholar coming to our centre and his name is Kalb e Abbas Rizvi. I am so shocked to see his name. I am not sure if this is a typo because his name means dog. If it's a typo, then it's a very big mistake and it's sad that someone would disrespect a scholar like that. If it's his real name then that's even more sad. A person must have very low self respect to agree to have a name like that. Most of the people remain immature till their old age and having a name like that is like giving an open invitation to people to mock you and insult you. I am so shocked at what is happening to Shias. Why cannot we find better ways to show love towards Ahlul Bayt? This is why my family wants to send me to Pakistan. In eastern cultures, some people are mocked and humiliated constantly and they are okay with it. In my family, that person has to be me but I am not okay with it. I get angry and fight and demand respect. I believe and I will always believe that all humans are equal and they all deserve respect and dignity. This is the first time I have heard this name and I hope such names are not common. 

Edited by rkazmi33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@notme @Hameedeh

Well, the grandson has reached the age , well known to all parents, when he has discovered the awesome power of "NO!" and "I DON'T WANT TO !"

My personal favorite so far:" I don't want to eat FOOD! I want to eat CHOCKIT CAKE!"

You know it's getting to be bad  when DD goes out to the garage attic and gets the carefully wrapped and preserved  little old " time-out chair" out of mothballs.

Pray for us!! :cryhappy:

Edited by LeftCoastMom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Well, the grandson has reached the age ,

a.k.a. "terrorist two". Correct?

l hope he is well, inshallah.

My little nephew is now 4. You remember, the one l baby sat? Anyway, he is so full of energy. Friday he was dancing, rolling on the floor, standing on his head (yeah, he did, and could hold it for a few seconds) running, and fortunately no screaming.

My Dad said, if he had it to do all over again, he'd have taken one room, screened over the windows, put down double carpet padding and an outdoor carpet and plywooded the lower part of the wall, and "let the kids have at it".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rkazmi33 said:

There is a new scholar coming to our centre and his name is Kalb e Abbas Rizvi. I am so shocked to see his name. I am not sure if this is a typo because his name means dog. If it's a typo, then it's a very big mistake and it's sad that someone would disrespect a scholar like that. If it's his real name then that's even more sad. A person must have very low self respect to agree to have a name like that. Most of the people remain immature till their old age and having a name like that is like giving an open invitation to people to mock you and insult you. I am so shocked at what is happening to Shias. Why cannot we find better ways to show love towards Ahlul Bayt? This is why my family wants to send me to Pakistan. In eastern cultures, some people are mocked and humiliated constantly and they are okay with it. In my family, that person has to be me but I am not okay with it. I get angry and fight and demand respect. I believe and I will always believe that all humans are equal and they all deserve respect and dignity. This is the first time I have heard this name and I hope such names are not common. 

Probably meant to be qalb (heart) of Abbas as opposed to kalb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

Probably meant to be qalb (heart) of Abbas as opposed to kalb.

Kalb e Abbas used to be a common name here in the generation before ours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starlight said:

Kalb e Abbas used to be a common name here in the generation before ours.

Interesting.. In Iran I know for sure such names are currently banned and you cannot register them even if you wanted to. Even less "problematic" ones like Abd Muhammad are banned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, starlight said:

Kalb e Abbas used to be a common name here in the generation before ours.

Kalb e Sadiq is very famous speaker. I always assumed it was Qalb e Sadiq. Yesterday I checked online and I realized that Kalb is a common name. I guess I never noticed the spellings until now and I always assumed the name was Qalb. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...