Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Congratulations to ShiaChat members who were Popular Contributors from January 1 - 14!

@Ralvi @Salsabeel @2Timeless @Miss Wonderful @Natsu @Son of Placid @Ibn al-Hussain @Waseem162 @IbnSina @BowTie @dragonxx @Murtaza1        

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Congratulations to ShiaChat members who were Popular Contributors from January 1 - 14!

@Ralvi @Salsabeel @2Timeless @Miss Wonderful @Natsu @Son of Placid @Ibn al-Hussain @Waseem162 @IbnSina @BowTie @dragonxx @Murtaza1        

Thank you much appreciated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

China must be one of the most tourist unfriendly places I have been in so far. English is extremely rare.

Took me like 1 hours to sign up for a gym here.

Having a very hard time with food as well. I expected as much so I had a water boiler, instant noodles, tuna and corn cans with me.  Been eating it for lunch but its boring to eat the same thing for dinner so I went to a grocery store here to buy some instant oats, banana, blue berries, honey and peanut butter. The grocery store was really confusing, the way their products were placed.

Hard to make sense out of it. They were pumping annoying chinese music and every time someone saw me it was like they found nemo, I am ready to go home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, IbnSina said:

China must be one of the most tourist unfriendly places I have been in so far. English is extremely rare.

Took me like 1 hours to sign up for a gym here.

Having a very hard time with food as well. I expected as much so I had a water boiler, instant noodles, tuna and corn cans with me.  Been eating it for lunch but its boring to eat the same thing for dinner so I went to a grocery store here to buy some instant oats, banana, blue berries, honey and peanut butter. The grocery store was really confusing, the way their products were placed.

Hard to make sense out of it. They were pumping annoying chinese music and every time someone saw me it was like they found nemo, I am ready to go home

Wouldn't it be nice if we were sometimes invisible and travel the world so nobody could see or judge us for the way we look.

Sometines I fly like that in my dreams in Out of Body Experiences OBE when I sleep. In my dreams I have been to Indira Ghandi airport in India, soon after that there were reports in their media of unusual lights in the sky. In my dreams I also went to the arctic coast of North East America when there was a snow storm. I flew like a bee above the glaziers and below the ocean. I never heard of the place before let alone knowing about the snow storm. I know it sounds unconventional but I believe it happened to me.

Its sad people treat us the way the Chinese are treating you. What is your ethnicity? 

Edited by Murtaza1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if we were sometimes invisible and travel the world so nobody could see or judge us for the way we look.

Sometines I fly like that in my dreams in Out of Body Experiences OBE when I sleep. In my dreams I have been to Indira Ghandi airport in India, soon after that there were reports in their media of unusual lights in the sky. In my dreams I also went to the arctic coast of North East America when there was a snow storm. I flew like a bee above the glaziers and below the ocean. I never heard of the place before let alone knowing about the snow storm. I know it sounds unconventional but I believe it happened to me.

Its sad people treat us the way the Chinese are treating you. What is your ethnicity? 

They don’t treat me bad or anything like that. It is just hard to communicate, understand things and find food here.

I don’t really remember my dreams anymore, only the crazy ones maybe. I dreamed the other day that I was snowboarding on asphalt without a snowboard, was very strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

They don’t treat me bad or anything like that. It is just hard to communicate, understand things and find food here.

I don’t really remember my dreams anymore, only the crazy ones maybe. I dreamed the other day that I was snowboarding on asphalt without a snowboard, was very strange. 

I see well Chinese are easy going people I guess. Also dreams can tell a lot about ourselves. I heard in Islam we are told there are three kinds of dreams simply to spiritual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nevsevug said:

Would anyone be able to suggest gifts that I can include in a care package for a friend who miscarried? Thank you 

How about giving a soft cuddly teddy bear with a prophetic quote of comfort regarding loss of a child. Here are some of my favourite quotes:

O ‘Uthman son of Maz`un! Paradise has eight gates and Hell has seven; does it not please you that whenever you come to any gate of Paradise, you will find your son standing at it, holding your robe (pleading to the Almighty to let you in)?"

 

Ubadah ibn al-Samit is quoted as having said that the Messenger of Allah (ص) had said, "A childbed woman is dragged by her son on the Judgment Day with his own naval cords into Paradise [the child died before getting the chance to cut the naval cord]."

 

Anas ibn Malik is quoted as having cited the Messenger of Allah (ص) saying, "When it is Judgment Day, the believers' children are called upon to get out of their graves. They will come out. They will then be told to go to Paradise in hordes, but they will say, 'Lord! Shall our parents accompany us?' They will be called upon a second time to go to Paradise in hordes, but they will again say, 'Lord! Shall our parents accompany us?'

They will then be called upon for the third time to go to Paradise in hordes, but they will once more say, 'Lord! What about our parents?' It will be said to them on the fourth time, 'Your parents shall be with you, too,' whereupon each child will leap to its parents. They will take their hands and all will enter Paradise, for they best know their fathers and mothers on that Day than your own sons who now are in your homes."20

 

Anas ibn Malik is quoted as having said that a man used to bring his son together with him whenever he used to see the Messenger of Allah (ص). The son died, so his father stopped going to visit the Prophet (ص) who inquired about him. People said to the Prophet (ص), "O Messenger of Allah! His son, whom you had seen in his company, has died."

The Prophet (ص) said, "Why did you not tell me? Stand and let us go to our brother to console him." When the Prophet (ص) entered the man's place, he found him very sad and forlorn, so he offered his condolences to him. The man said, "O Messenger of Allah! I used to treasure him for my old age and feebleness."

The Messenger of Allah (ص) said to him, "Does it not please you that on the Day of Judgment, he will be beside you? He will be told to enter Paradise, whereupon he will say, 'Lord! What about my parents?' He will keep pleading till Allah, the most Exalted, the most Great, accepts his intercession and permits you all to enter Paradise."21

https://www.al-Islam.org/heart-comforter-time-loss-children-and-loved-ones-sheikh-zayn-ad-din-al-amili/rewards-loss-children

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Murtaza1 said:

How about giving a soft cuddly teddy bear with a prophetic quote of comfort regarding loss of a child. Here are some of my favourite quotes:

 

 

 

This is a great idea, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Nevsevug said:

Is it wise to create a cover letter with resume? How do you write one/what do you include?

Interesting question. I was just exploring that today as well. I am redeveloping my covering letter and CV too. Here is where I am learning about it. It has all the information you will need about covering letters:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 1:02 PM, notme said:

Life would be easier if we all just closed our eyes and our ears. Life would be easier if we just didn't care about humanity. 

Question: if someone you love and respect says something really stupid and harmful, should you correct them, knowing they won't listen? 

IMHO yes. I can relate to your quandary. My teacher used to refer to something called 'the drip-drip effect' which nowadays is more commonly associated with the impact that mass media has on the general public. The idea is that if you repeat s'thing enough times, you reinforce the message and eventually the penny drops. 

Edited by Aflower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

Would anyone be able to suggest gifts that I can include in a care package for a friend who miscarried? Thank you 

How thoughtful of you. Here are a few ideas:

  • A book with inspirational quotes
  • Some skincare products - possibly a nice smelling bath oil
  • A sapling to be planted in her garden
  • A home made cake/biscuits
  • A collection of different herbal tea

Hope this helps. x 

Edited by Aflower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Aflower said:

How thoughtful of you. Here are a few ideas:

  • A book with inspirational quotes
  • Some skincare products - possibly a nice smelling bath oil
  • A sapling to be planted in her garden
  • A home made cake/biscuits
  • A collection of different herbal tea

Hope this helps. x 

Thank you very much, those are all great suggestions! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...