Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

As in the rosary beads themselves? Yes, many world religions do use it. Well, internet sources say different things, care to share what you know?

In Christianity, particularly in Orthodoxy/Eastern churches, the beads are a part of the Heychasm prayer and amount to 33,symbolizing the age Isa (عليه السلام) was when he was crucified.

I find it rather similar to the Tasbih of Fatima uz Zahra (sa)

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
Forgot "the"

5 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Crucifed but never died like Christians claim. ^

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

4:157

14 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah ." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain.

4:157

Ah, thanks.

21 hours ago, notme said:

#more-alike-than-different :D

True. Super. We've had some aggressions against our local parish recently ( more ethnic than religious, but that was part of it,too). Guess SG can wonder if he's being beaten up for being a Muslim or a Catholic or just brown?

3 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

As in the rosary beads themselves? Yes, many world religions do use it. Well, internet sources say different things, care to share what you know?

I have not researched the topic but once I listened to a convert on tv saying that it was gifted by the Prophet to his daughter Fatima (peace be upon them). 

I'm sure it would make a interesting research as @Gaius I. Caesar demonstrated.

Generally I think since Allah subhana wa tala sent many Prophets, we should not be too surprised about similarities between religions. We should celebrate it as it confirms the power of our creator and provides a bridge for integration and dialogue between religions. 

Edited by Murtaza1

57 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

True. Super. We've had some aggressions against our local parish recently ( more ethnic than religious, but that was part of it,too). Guess SG can wonder if he's being beaten up for being a Muslim or a Catholic or just brown?

They cannot win the war against brown people with 1.3 billion on the Indian subcontinent ethnic cleaning would be a ridiculous suggestion. Lighter skin is more bound to lose its charm so without trying darker skinned people are winning and probably everyone in the world will be dark in the future, depending when the day of judgment befalls us when  many little Hitlers will be punished. 

Edited by Murtaza1

11 minutes ago, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Lol, you can't be both. There may be such a thing as Catholic guilt, but there is no such thing as Muslim guilt.

Lol. Well, I wasn't referring to guilt. Just saying  that our local infestation of white supremacists likely won't care what he is.

8 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Lol. Well, I wasn't referring to guilt. Just saying  that our local infestation of white supremacists likely won't care what he is.

Supremacists are truly some of the  stupidest people I've heard of, try and stick together.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar

On 4/27/2019 at 3:30 PM, Gaius I. Caesar said:

Supremacists are truly some of the  stupidest people I've heard of, try and stick together.

Some day when I have time I will relate to you " The Battle of the Coffee Shop". 

It involves native Catholics, Arab Shias and a marauding band of White Supremacists.

It was epic.

The way the sky looks today. The way it looked yesterday. The way it will look tomorrow. The way it will look next month. The way it will look 1,000 years from now.

SG's family :" When will the sun come out?" 

My family: "What is this thing..." Sun"?

image.jpeg