Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

On 1/5/2019 at 1:32 AM, Hameedeh said:

We heard on the news about Muslims who were newly elected and were being sworn in while putting their hand on the Holy Qur'an owned by Thomas Jefferson (instead of the Bible as most have done).

What book do atheists use?

1 hour ago, baqar said:

What book do atheists use?

38 minutes ago, baqar said:

No, brother, I am sure they don't use it for the oath-taking ceremony.

In the US, when a newly elected official is taking the oath of office, if they have a Holy Book, they are free to bring it, but it's optional, not required. 

How many times in the past has a Muslim asked at ShiaChat if something is haram because the label has an ambiguous word (like glycerin) in it and they thought it is animal in origin? With the increase of people around the world choosing to be vegetarian or vegan, companies have started to use the term "vegetable glycerin" in their ingredient label. Times are changing. 

14 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Times are changing.

It is not only that but many food products are now  increasingly carrying the 'Vegetarian' and 'Vegan' logos on packaging. I find this useful living in the west because I don’t think well known brands or supermarkets would take the risk of being sued in court. 

Edited by Murtaza1

5 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

My grandson is learning three languages, but seems to want to create his own. Today he came over to help walk the " wow-wow" and feed the " bok-boks".

That's universal communication. Maybe even the wow-wow and bok-boks can understand. 

My daughter's first word was "meow". (She's seven now.)

@Hameedeh @notme So I just got back from the store. One lady whom I know only by sight at the market (not really an acquaintance) came up to me to tell me she had seen DD and SG strolling the baby and how refreshing it was that DD had married " such a good Catholic boy". 

???????????

So I'm thinking....why did she think he was Catholic?

Because DD is?

Because they already have a child?

Because he's brown?

Was still figuring out how to ask, but then  she explained....

It's  because he always has his " rosary". 

Mystery solved.

#things-that-look-like-other-things-but-aren't 

3 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Just left.

Beautiful reciters mashAllah.

No food offered, just snacks that you have to pay for.

Also I miss being around fellow Shia. You really notice how "mute" Sunni events are in comparison. No salawats :(

I had to stay awakwardly seated while everyone got up for maghrib. When I eventually did, I realised I had a few people praying behind me as a jamah....after salams I had to turn my head to the sides for their sakes...couldn't leave em hanging lol

2 things guaranteed in our gatherings:

Free food and salawat 

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

12 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

I had to stay awakwardly seated while everyone got up for maghrib. When I eventually did, I realised I had a few people praying behind me as a jamah....after salams I had to turn my head to the sides for their sakes...couldn't leave em hanging lol

I know the feeling but I wouldn't turn my head although I may seek an alternative to using a turba in case some misguided ones seem aggressive and observant to me while praying together