Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

On 8/14/2019 at 2:37 PM, hasanhh said:

:yahoo:"I sold my first book."

Congratulations! :)

On 8/14/2019 at 11:38 PM, hasanhh said:

SciFi writ in 'hard science' (no fantasy stuff). 

Four months, then edited it. Wrote it straight through, then went back and double check the 'accounting' -names and numbers consistent kind of work. Then added in words or sentences -which came to 500 more words.

In the end, it came out ~99% the way l wanted it because some of the editing didn't get published.

Editors can be really picky, but they are usually good at what they do. 

:fever:"Yarrabi !  28 cookies?"

Now, youz all know that we is spied on by a lot of busy-body white-trash. l have been running 19-20 cookies per day for a while.

At last check, a few minutes ago, l has 28 detectable cookies on my computer.

I guess this year's $80 Billion surveillance budget has got to do something, but do they have to slow my computer by clogging it up with all this here squat?

Golly, l ain't see nor hear-ed so much national security since Watergate.

THOUGHT:

lf these here busy-bodies want something to do, they can adopt a road and go pick up some trash, or buy a boat and clean up the ocean.

skynews-home-office-chicken_4745661.jpg?

Special chicken boxes warning about the dangers of carrying a knife are to be distributed to takeaways across England and Wales by the government.

MP David Lammy also asked on Twitter: "Is this some kind of joke?! Why have you chosen chicken shops? What's next, #KnifeFree watermelons?"

https://news.sky.com/story/special-chicken-boxes-to-warn-about-dangers-of-carrying-a-knife-11785385

13 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

MP David Lammy also asked on Twitter: "Is this some kind of joke?! Why have you chosen chicken shops? What's next, #KnifeFree watermelons?

Yeah. Why put it on boxes of fried chicken? When I sit down to eat I want to enjoy my meal not read a horror story about a real life knife attack. 

[edit] Unless this is an underhand tactic to combat childhood and teenage obesity, in which case I would say it's BRILLIANT. Would completely make me lose my appetite. 

Edited by starlight

58 minutes ago, starlight said:

Yeah. Why put it on boxes of fried chicken? When I sit down to eat I want to enjoy my meal not read a horror story about a real life knife attack. 

[edit] Unless this is an underhand tactic to combat childhood and teenage obesity, in which case I would say it's BRILLIANT. Would completely make me lose my appetite. 

There have been a lot of knife attacks in certain urban areas of London. There are some ethnic groups who are more likely to be associated with these crimes.

In 2017 two thirds of knife crime offenders under 25 in London were black or minority ethnic, according to the Mayor of London’s Office for Policing and Crime. 

https://fullfact.org/crime/are-majority-youth-knife-offenders-minority-ethnic/

So someone at the Home office thought that they would try and reach these people specifically and considered their lifestyles and came up with fried chicken. I am familiar with health campaigns that have e.g. focused on south Asians, given our greater propensity for heart attacks. The former is considered to be good science and catering to ethnic needs, but the chicken boxes are considered racist.

Weird.

19 minutes ago, hasanhh said:

Yarrabi !

What have l done?

Triggered an international security alert, or something.

It says l have 397 cookies.

You have visited the wrong websites.

I got a message from my doctor's office saying that I'm vitamin D deficient and she has written a prescription for a supplement. I'm very light skinned and I do go outside, but I use sunscreen and most of my skin is covered by clothing. Ladies, be aware, you need about fifteen minutes per day of sun exposure on hands and face without sunscreen to synthesize vitamin D, or more precisely, you need to expose your skin to the sun for about 1/4 of the amount of time it would take to develop a mild sunburn.

I was watching BBC which was broadcasting a report on the impending invasion of Area 51 near the town of Rachel.

The report showed mock-ups of the alleged green, space aliens.

The models reminded me of this: https://www.dreamstime.com/heart-green-bow-cute-face-isolated-white-d-image109195715 

Kinda does, doesn't it?

4 hours ago, starlight said:

I am just dying to be back in Iraq right now. I wish...............

Once you have experienced the sukoon and spirituality of Najaf and Karbala then everything else in the dunya feels third rate.

I had planned to be there in March April this year.. so much has happened. 

Allahummarzuqna ziyaratal Masoumeen (عليه السلام) fi aamee hadha wa fee kulli aam 

Note to any snowflakes lurking on this forum. There is no such thing as "freedom of speech" in our Deen. Believe it or not, not in any secular, liberal Western democracies where you can get prosecuted for saying certain things or expressing your views. In a couple of these, even denying historical events can get you in trouble.

On 8/20/2019 at 4:04 PM, hasanhh said:

Yarrabi !

What have l done?

Triggered an international security alert, or something.

It says l have 397 cookies.

Now l have 25 cookies. Probably because it is a long weekend and the busy bodies are getting ready for their "Long Drunk".

On August 22, 2019 at 11:30 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Note to any snowflakes lurking on this forum. There is no such thing as "freedom of speech" in our Deen. Believe it or not, not in any secular, liberal Western democracies where you can get prosecuted for saying certain things or expressing your views. In a couple of these, even denying historical events can get you in trouble.

If it's a  historical event why would anyone deny it? 

8 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Well, I will officially be married 35 years tomorrow. Where does the time go? 

also, happy birthday to @Gaius I. Caesar

That's wonderful! Congratulations! 

On August 19, 2019 at 9:49 AM, notme said:

I request duas for my husband's family. His mother passed away last night. They are good Christian people, not enemies of Islam. (My husband is a convert.) Her death was expected, but it's never easy.

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for your family and specially your husband.

51 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Well, I will officially be married 35 years tomorrow. Where does the time go? 

also, happy birthday to @Gaius I. Caesar

Thanks, a day off but we had the party today. Wish I could have invited my ShiaChat friends but too far away.

Believe it or not, not in any secular, liberal Western democracies where you can get prosecuted for saying certain things or expressing your views. In a couple of these, even denying historical events can get you in trouble.

We saw what happened to the Ummah, denying Ghadir Khumm, Fadak or Karbala did them no favors.

If people want to deny history because it makes them uncomfortable, I think that would make such people in fact, delusional little "snowflakes " incapable of handling reality in my eyes; Regardless of their political inclinations. 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:49 AM, notme said:

I request duas for my husband's family. His mother passed away last night. They are good Christian people, not enemies of Islam. (My husband is a convert.) Her death was expected, but it's never easy.

My condolences. May God comfort all of you in this time of loss and sadness. :cry:

So a Pakistani actor recently decided to get married and made this post. It looks very good and religious but there are some major red flags. Following are peoples' reactions to this post. What do you guys think? I don't believe his "getting married for sake of Allah" speech and his "platonic friendships with opposite gender" seem hypocritical. 

69748555_1261257794075644_5333096243319013376_n.jpg

68749045_2362541877200500_3348061585737252864_n.jpg

69322883_2616395308413228_7438743203299196928_n.jpg

69554643_2689741674393765_5100418627736174592_n.jpg

68747786_369856890358355_4114350907452293120_n.jpg

6 hours ago, LeftCoastMom said:

If it's a  historical event why would anyone deny it? 

Because, as we have seen on the Sunni/Shia Dialogue section, history is open to interpretation.

I think even questioning the dogmatic figure of "6 million" counts as Holocaust denial.

Also even if someone were silly enough to say the event didn't happen at all, should they be criminalised? 

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

Three out of 247 American death row prisoners asked for Diet Coke as part of their final meal.

Source:

https://www.theguardian.com/food/2019/aug/25/one-foot-in-the-gravy-jay-rayners-last-supper

In contrast, this is what Timothy McVeigh had. I think he understood the final meal rules better than those three.

6720.thumb.jpg.35a6385b4f5eaed78a6b52f75d7b860c.jpg