Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

On 7/12/2019 at 11:48 AM, notme said:

We got one of those voice controlled home devices, and it's a fun toy but not very useful. 

I've changed my mind. My youngest son has a speech delay - he's 4 years old and doesn't talk at all. He talks to the computer though. That's definitely useful and totally worth being spied on by a corporation.

I went out with some acquaintances and I was approached by some Danish dude, he asked me if we got drugs to sell. We kind of got angry with him and it looked like he got a bit intimidated. My acquaintance told him to wait 5 mins after our convo with him and he went to get some kind of potato powder. Basically he sold him potato powder for like 120 bucks lol

5 hours ago, starlight said:

Hmm..  what happens the next time he comes across your acquaintance? :furious:

Maybe . . . Possibly . . . when come back to his acquaintance . . . something like . . . "Hey man, you got anymore spuds?"

What @laithAlIRAQI didn't say about the potatoe powder was if it was smoking or injectable grade.   :hahaha:

Note to DEA, this is a story, not a deal.

11 hours ago, notme said:

I've changed my mind. My youngest son has a speech delay - he's 4 years old and doesn't talk at all. He talks to the computer though. That's definitely useful and totally worth being spied on by a corporation.

I had speech delay too , that based on traditional medicine ,I was eating pigeon egg in any form that can cooked anyway every moden device can be used for spying without our knowing that new tools  have more spying capabilities than older devices.

1 hour ago, hasanhh said:

Rejoice !

4 hours ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

I had speech delay too , that based on traditional medicine ,I was eating pigeon egg in any form that can cooked anyway every moden device can be used for spying without our knowing that new tools  have more spying capabilities than older devices.

Thanks. He's also a very picky eater - strictly vegetarian. He doesn't eat eggs. 

We already have mobile phones that they can use for spying on us. May as well have the dedicated devices too, just so we're always more aware. 

Is drawing people/animals/etc haram? If not, would it be haram to sell art of people? Would it be haram to create art of women without hijab or make/sell portraits of women (like when people ask you to draw them) who don’t wear hijab?

6 hours ago, notme said:

Thanks. He's also a very picky eater - strictly vegetarian. He doesn't eat eggs. 

We already have mobile phones that they can use for spying on us. May as well have the dedicated devices too, just so we're always more aware. 

When my daughter refuses to eat her meals, I use various techniques to convince her to eat. 

Tonight, for dinner, I gave her a bowl of soup, but she said that she wouldnt eat it. She said that she didnt like barley. I said: " It is not barley. It is "ninibarley" (nini means baby). And now, baby barley grains are sweamming in the soup inside your bowl". Then, she started searching in the bowl and eating her dinner.

Sometimes, she says that she will only eat the rice but not the meat or other ingredients. I tell her "but the meat and x (another ingredient) want to fight microbes in your body and if you don’t eat them, the microbes will become happy and strong and they will laugh at you". Then she asks "what about the rice?" and I say "they will make guns by rice grains and then shoot at the microbes". At this moment, she is often convinced and eats her meal.

Try using such techniques, but if your son still refuses to eat eggs or meat, you can give him iron supplement.

As to eggs, you can mix them with mashed potato or offer him some quail's eggs.

However, sometimes we should not insist. As you know, the more we insist, the more they resist. Sometimes, we should let them eat whatever thry want.

2 minutes ago, shadow_of_light said:

Try using such techniques, but if your son still refuses to eat eggs or meat, you can give him iron supplement. 

Thank you, that's very clever and creative. I'll keep it in mind.

He surprised us all one day by announcing "chicken" and then proceeding to eat five chicken nuggets. Only once. Never again after that. He often eats cheese and yogurt, and occasionally will have a fish stick or two. He eats almost all fruits, vegetables, and grains and he's pretty big for his age, and healthy.

9 hours ago, shadow_of_light said:

but if your son still refuses to eat eggs or meat, you can give him iron supplement.

No.

Iron supplements are for women and young girls with anemia. Check with Starlight. Iron supplement damages a man's heart and some other negative with children. Check w/ @starlight

6 hours ago, hasanhh said:

No.

Iron supplements are for women and young girls with anemia. Check with Starlight. Iron supplement damages a man's heart and some other negative with children. Check w/ @starlight

In my country, we have to give iron drop to kids aged 6 months to 2 years.

If a child doesnt eat eggs or meat, there is no problem if you occasionally (not every day) give him iron supplement.

On 7/20/2019 at 1:26 PM, notme said:

Thank you, that's very clever and creative. I'll keep it in mind.

He surprised us all one day by announcing "chicken" and then proceeding to eat five chicken nuggets. Only once. Never again after that. He often eats cheese and yogurt, and occasionally will have a fish stick or two. He eats almost all fruits, vegetables, and grains and he's pretty big for his age, and healthy.

My daughter is a cheese eater too. But I don’t like her to eat much cheese for it can have bad effects on the brain. Sometimes, I ask her to eat walnuts with cheese but she doesnt like walnuts.

1 hour ago, shadow_of_light said:

Sometimes, I ask her to eat walnuts with cheese but she doesnt like walnuts. 

My son also doesn't like nuts, but he does like nut butters, and they're pretty easy to make in a food processor.

On 7/20/2019 at 9:12 AM, Soldiers and Saffron said:

@LeftCoastMom

@Son of Placid

Do you guys know why the Christian monks have their haircut that way? Whats the reason?

I have no idea why many Christians do what they do. I would assume it's to stick out in a crowd as a member of whatever group. 

https://kenyasasa.com/general/man-kills-neighbor-for-repeatedly-asking-him-when-are-you-getting-married/2331/
Man Kills Neighbor for Repeatedly Asking Him “When Are You Getting Married ...

Those aunties! :dry: Don't blame him

On 7/20/2019 at 12:07 PM, shadow_of_light said:

However, sometimes we should not insist. As you know, the more we insist, the more they resist. Sometimes, we should let them eat whatever thry want.

I've watched my kids parent their kids on this. Son says eat everything on your plate, daughter says have to try some of everything. It's a battle while parents try to reason with their children...as if the kids run the show. Getting them to the table, getting them to settle down and stop arguing about eating, or everything they put on their plate. It's always negotiations that run way too long. By the end, everything is cold, kids forced to eat as parents get angry, never ends well, and this is a daily fight nobody wins. No wonder the kids don't want to eat. No wonder the frustration levels are high, and why?   Other end of the spectrum is wasting time on the what do you want for breakfast, this, or this, or that, or this, or what...

At Grandpa's table. I don't care, I'm there to eat a full meal that my wife has lovingly prepared, this is not a restaurant. This is the time, this is the place, get to the table in time for grace, (or you're second shift). I'm not one for letting kids waste my time, especially when we're all hungry and the food is hot. They know that fussy people can go hungry at our table, or eat what's there, I force nothing. The focus is on the meal. Respect the food. Eat with your hands, your plate will move to the floor, you can eat with the dog. Snacks are crackers, not candy, so don't be thinking you'll fill up later. I'm serious, don't call my bluff. My son and daughter know not to argue with me. Life around grandpa's table is much more bearable now. The pressure is off the kids once they understand this is how it works. It's great being a grandparent..

21 minutes ago, Son of Placid said:

They know that fussy people can go hungry at our table, or eat what's there, I force nothing. 

This is my approach too. I present a variety of foods, which everyone can either eat or not eat.

But outside of meals, I do try to make sure I have healthy snacks which my kids will like.

We all sit down together at supper time. If a person doesn't want to eat, they don't have to. No alternate meals are provided. It's very laid back and comfortable. No stress allowed.

Is drawing people/animals/etc haram? If not, would it be haram to sell art of people? Would it be haram to create art of women without hijab or make/sell portraits of women (like when people ask you to draw them) who don’t wear hijab?

anyone?

13 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

Is drawing people/animals/etc haram? If not, would it be haram to sell art of people?

Salam based on grand Ayatollah Sistani (ha) & Imam Khamenei :these type of drawings are not haram & you can sell art of people 

https://www.Sistani.org/persian/qa/01056/

https://article.tebyan.net/233292/حکم-نقاشی-اجسام-ذی-روح

http://www.x-shobhe.com/print/4338.html

https://www.Sistani.org/persian/qa/0849/

https://hawzah.net/fa/Article/View/86000/حکم-نقاشی-و-مجسمه-سازی-از-نگاه-شریعت-بخش-دوم

but in conclusion it must not causes corruption &  drawing or lust & must be flat without relief 

13 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

Would it be haram to create art of women without hijab or make/sell portraits of women (like when people ask you to draw them) who don’t wear hijab?

Ayatollah Makarem Shirazi (ha) :if the painter does not know the owner of image and the image is not naked or half naked or irritating and not causes corruption has no objection.

https://makarem.ir/main.aspx?typeinfo=21&lid=0&catid=530&mid=263210

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

Its horrible whats going on in Nigera, how they are torturing and oppressing not only sheikh Zakzaky but the Shias who support him as well. Yesterday the nigerian police killed 11 peaceful Shias who were protesting against the illegal detainment of sheikh Zakzaky.

Viewer discretion:

If you have social media, facebook, twitter, etc, please join the groups on whatsapp etc who are structurally speaking up and waking awareness online in a organized manner. Please also pray for them!

A break from the heat wave! I've turned off the AC and opened the windows.

Unfortunately, they are predicting high probability of flooding starting later this afternoon.

But for now, the cool fresh air is beautiful.

On 7/22/2019 at 11:15 AM, starlight said:

Don't blame him

Yep, thought the same about my mother asking me that all the time.

Yet, after 30 plus years, l should have known never to listen to her.

It put me on the road to mydogynme and a hermit lifestyle.

Israhelli forces laugh and cheer as they blow up poor Palestinians houses on the west bank that they illegally forced them away from, brave guy wearing a mask while blowing up someones house:

Imagine a group of armed people violently forcing you away from your house, then blows it up while they are laughing and cheering.