Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

Congratulations to Imam Zaman and the ummah for the birth of the 3qilat bani hachem Sayyida Zaynab 3laha salam.

On the birthday occasion of Sayyida Zaynab 3laha salam, I request for whomever reads this post to recite fatiha to the thousands of martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the Shrines of Sayyida Zaynab and Sayyida Rouqaya.

God give patience to the martyrs' families.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

On 1/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, notme said:

Nudity, violence, racism, all manner of disrespect toward women are all ok on Netflix. A comedian making jokes about Saudi Arabia is over the line. I guess we know who pays their bills. 

don’t you know that when America buys Saudi Oil the Saudi's invest those trillions of dollars back in US treasury bonds. That means that America gets its oil for free because the trillions of dollars it hands over to the Saudis for oil comes back almost immediately. 

When Saddam Hussein insisted on trading Iraqi oil in Euros all of a sudden there were "weapons of mass destruction" and the rest is history. I know Saddam was a monster but he didnt fall for being a monster, he fell because he became a threat to the dollar currency's status as the reserve currency of the world.

When Iran started making plans to trade its own oil in Euros, all of a sudden there was a noise about Nuclear enrichment with Israel hoping for a quick strike. Sanctions sufficed. Same with Venezeula.

You are right. Saudi Petro dollars do pay the bills. They pay the bills for every extremist Sunni sect that exists on this whole planet backed by their Gulf comrades.

On 1/9/2019 at 7:59 PM, Nevsevug said:

Is it wise to open a savings account? Also should you open it with the same bank as your checking? Does anyone have any kind of advice? 

It's good to set aside a bit of money for emergencies. A savings account is just right for that. 

If you accumulate money, you will be obligated to pay khums. https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/khums-one-fifth

5 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

8480438-6587705-image-a-4_1547423230001.

McDonald's got into hot water with vegetarians when it advertised that its fries were cooked in vegetable oil, but didn't readily disclose that the fries were flavored with beef tallow. McDonald's was sued by several vegetarians and Hindus who do not eat meat for ethical and/or religious reasons.

2 hours ago, Laayla said:

McDonald's got into hot water with vegetarians when it advertised that its fries were cooked in vegetable oil, but didn't readily disclose that the fries were flavored with beef tallow. McDonald's was sued by several vegetarians and Hindus who do not eat meat for ethical and/or religious reasons.

That was about 20 years ago. Have they changed their formula since then? 

Anyway, whichever takeout uses this container, this ketchup trick would apply. Lots of places use these boxes. 

@notme

Assalam Alikum sister 

You can call corporate and verify.  This is what I read about it.

What's in a Fry?

But they didn’t change their recipe one bit. Their website still lists the ingredientsfor all to see.

As a representative explained: “With regard to our French fries, any customer in the you.S. who contacts McDonald's United States to ask if they contain beef flavoring is told 'yes.'"

The way it works is, McDonald's French fry suppliers add a very small amount of beef flavor to the oil in the par-frying process at the potato processing plant before shipping the spuds to individual outlets. Once at the restaurant, the fries are cooked in vegetable oil. That same representative went on to say that, "In addition, we have no plans to change the way we prepare our French fries in the you.S. However, it is important to know that our French fries are prepared differently in other countries.”

https://www.thoughtco.com/mcdonalds-french-fries-still-not-vegetarian-3970283

Harvesting food in space, ideally using locally extracted water, would mean astronauts could survive for far longer without returned to Earth for supplies.

Images sent back by the [Moon] probe show a cotton plant has grown well, but so far none of the other plants had sprouted, the university said.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jan/15/china-germinates-first-seed-on-moon-cotton-shoot-change-4

Hmm.

So we may be able to clothe ourselves, but without food we still won't live long enough to need a change of clothing.

11 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jan/15/china-germinates-first-seed-on-moon-cotton-shoot-change-4

Hmm.

So we may be able to clothe ourselves, but without food we still won't live long enough to need a change of clothing.

They've grown and eaten salad vegetables on the International Space Station. I'm sure it's also possible for them to grow on the moon, even if they haven't yet. 

6 minutes ago, notme said:

They've grown and eaten salad vegetables on the International Space Station. I'm sure it's also possible for them to grow on the moon, even if they haven't yet. 

Sure. I agree with you. I just thought it was amusing that cotton had germinated before food.

My blog posts on the God Hypothesis all 'predict' that there will be human activity in space and that it will be incremental with closer resources providing the means to exploit those further away.

Life would be easier if we all just closed our eyes and our ears. Life would be easier if we just didn't care about humanity. 

Question: if someone you love and respect says something really stupid and harmful, should you correct them, knowing they won't listen?