Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

40 minutes ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

How do you get to that section I don't see it

The al-Islam.org website has a popup window to advertise new content or the new Question and Answer project. If you have an ad blocker you might not see that. 

1 hour ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

How do you get to that section I don't see it

For some reason I don't see a direct way to access from the website without it popping up but here is a link https://www.al-Islam.org/ask

We got one of those voice controlled home devices, and it's a fun toy but not very useful.

We've had it for a few days, and so far the most useful thing it does is remind me every 90 minutes to ask my toddler if he needs to go to potty. Since starting with it, he's only had two accidents.

Well, we got it for free and "They" could already listen to us over our phones, so I'm going to call it a win.

It also gives weather forecasts, and my daughter got it to "meow" and one of my teenagers tested its pop culture knowledge (not bad).

59 minutes ago, notme said:

We got one of those voice controlled home devices, and it's a fun toy but not very useful.

We've had it for a few days, and so far the most useful thing it does is remind me every 90 minutes to ask my toddler if he needs to go to potty. Since starting with it, he's only had two accidents.

Well, we got it for free and "They" could already listen to us over our phones, so I'm going to call it a win.

It also gives weather forecasts, and my daughter got it to "meow" and one of my teenagers tested its pop culture knowledge (not bad).

I have the Google home mini, actually two. They came with our new cell phones, he called them bluetooth speakers. Took me a while to figure them out. I got some smart plugs so now I can tell it to turn on lights, and water the garden. I put a smartplug on the modem as well so when the grandkids start fighting over internet I can say, "Hey Google, turn off the internet"  It's a manual reset but sure makes the point. 

How to deal with a psychical and emotionally abusive mother who blames you for everything that ever happens even if you have no hand in it at all? Who takes out all her anger from everyone and everything else out on you even when you go out of your way to do everything you possibly can for her

I have no friends and an abusive family and I’m so tired of my life 

Edited by Nevsevug

@Nevsevug you'II get through it, inshallah. l did.

That g__ damned mother of mine was psycho. She'd put stuff in people's food, not take the plastic wrap off cheese slices when she'd fry hamburgers, cooked something that came out burned on the outside and frozen in the middle,  . . . ad nauseum.

Edited by hasanhh

5 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

How to deal with a psychical and emotionally abusive mother who blames you for everything that ever happens even if you have no hand in it at all? Who takes out all her anger from everyone and everything else out on you even when you go out of your way to do everything you possibly can for her

The day will come when you can tell her you're done being her target. 

11 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

The awkward moment when people think my mom is my wife...

Types of Iranian Moms!

11 hours ago, Soldiers and Saffron said:

Happend to me twice so far I think, its really awkward.

Persian Parents Vs American Parents

7 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

Types of Iranian Moms on the Airplane

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

@Nevsevug you'II get through it, inshallah. l did.

That g__ damned mother of mine was psycho. She'd put stuff in people's food, not take the plastic wrap off cheese slices when she'd fry hamburgers, cooked something that came out burned on the outside and frozen in the middle,  . . . ad nauseum.

ANNOYING THINGS PERSIAN MOMS DO!! | Amir Tavassoly

DRIVING WITH MY PERSIAN MOM!!!

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

15 hours ago, notme said:

14 hours ago, Son of Placid said:

I have the Google home mini, actually two. They came with our new cell phones, he called them bluetooth speakers. Took me a while to figure them out. I got some smart plugs so now I can tell it to turn on lights, and water the garden. I put a smartplug on the modem as well so when the grandkids start fighting over internet I can say, "Hey Google, turn off the internet"  It's a manual reset but sure makes the point. 

If Alexa Was PERSIAN

Guest Legality

Even in a criminal court, the accused is allowed to give their version of events, even if someone produces alleged CCTV. A homosexual who has committed the act in front of two eye witnesses won't be punished as it does not meet the required number, no matter who they are.  Yet we have some people with very little going on in their lives, performing prayers heedless of what it even means, hell-bent on recounting sins of others and circulating rumours never having once sought to talk to who is being accused to gain clarity. Even if such things were even to be true, there is not even a sense of wanting to counsel or guide a brother or sister and help them reform.

These people talk a lot, sit on their high horse, but are the very things they supposedly argue against. They claim to be Muslim as the Prophet said, but Islam has not even entered their hearts. 

May Allah guide these poor souls.

Guest Legality

A reminder, those who backbite will pay dearly on Yawm ul-Qiyamah, no matter how many Ziyarahs they've been to.

@Quran313

^^^^^^One way to implement Leader's khotbah is to take an ayat from Qur'an that you want to understand better. Then go to a site like corpusquran.com and look up the nuances of the words, beginning with the verb.

It not only helps, but also, occasionally, can make a big difference in what you understand.

1 hour ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

Any idea what I should feed it? It's a baby.

Get some mealworms from a pet store?

The conversation of Prophet Ibrahim ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) with his idol worshiping father

إِذ قالَ لِأَبيهِ يا أَبَتِ لِمَ تَعبُدُ ما لا يَسمَعُ وَلا يُبصِرُ وَلا يُغني عَنكَ شَيئًا
When he said to his father, ‘Father! Why do you worship that which neither hears nor sees, and is of no avail to you in any way?
يا أَبَتِ إِنّي قَد جاءَني مِنَ العِلمِ ما لَم يَأتِكَ فَاتَّبِعني أَهدِكَ صِراطًا سَوِيًّا
Father! Indeed a knowledge has already come to me which has not come to you. So follow me that I may guide you to a right path.
يا أَبَتِ لا تَعبُدِ الشَّيطانَ ۖ إِنَّ الشَّيطانَ كانَ لِلرَّحمٰنِ عَصِيًّا
Father! Do not worship Satan. Indeed Satan is disobedient to the All-beneficent.
يا أَبَتِ إِنّي أَخافُ أَن يَمَسَّكَ عَذابٌ مِنَ الرَّحمٰنِ فَتَكونَ لِلشَّيطانِ وَلِيًّا
Father! I am indeed afraid that a punishment from the All-beneficent will befall you, and you will become Satan’s accomplice.’
قالَ أَراغِبٌ أَنتَ عَن آلِهَتي يا إِبراهيمُ ۖ لَئِن لَم تَنتَهِ لَأَرجُمَنَّكَ ۖ وَاهجُرني مَلِيًّا
He said, ‘Abraham! Are you renouncing my gods? If you do not relinquish, I will stone you. Keep away from me for a long while.’
قالَ سَلامٌ عَلَيكَ ۖ سَأَستَغفِرُ لَكَ رَبّي ۖ إِنَّهُ كانَ بي حَفِيًّا
He said, ‘Peace be upon you! I shall plead with my Lord to forgive you. Indeed He is ever gracious to me.

Let us learn from the noble ancestor of the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم) and pray for the forgiveness of our enemies, and be soft and gentle with them rather than putting in our best efforts to try and ruin their lives.

وعا_opt.png

2 hours ago, Husayni said:

The conversation of Prophet Ibrahim ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) with his idol worshiping father

Most Shia scholars do not believe Azar was his father but uncle. His father was a monotheist. 

http://en.mobile.wikishia.net/index.php/Terah

https://www.al-Islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/was-azar-father-Prophet-abraham

About 35 years ago while hunting, I stopped and watched this barn owl moving from tree to tree. While standing there, l detected movement down to my right. At first l couldn't tell what it was, but it was a baby hoot owl that was storm blown out of somewhere and was down in this water up to its furcula -wishbone- with barely its neck above the water. Making a faint little noise, too.

So, l pick it up and put that soggy thing in my hat and took it back to the farmhouse to give to my little sister. As I got close to the barns, every cat in the place ran over to me. These predatory felines must have ESP or something. About ten or twelve of them.

So l get to the house and sister ain't home. By this time the cats are even leaping upwards for my hat. I can't put the owl down as the cats will run off with it, so I look around my sisters porch and find two boxes. I put a chair against her door, put a box there. Smack the cats away, set the owl in, put the second box over the first, put a chair on top of this and another chair against this. Then found something heavy to put on all of this. I had several things piled there.

Sister said when they got home a couple hours later -as l remember- she knew l found something because the cats were climbing, pawing and scratching the ad hoc fortification, and one was hanging on the box by its teeth.

She safely got the owl out and took it in the house where she raised it. She'd buy mice, and slaughter them at first. Then when the owl was old enough to perch on the door, she'd toss a mouse on the floor so it learned to hunt.

She had it about a year l believe. lf she'd go outside, the owl would follow. The same when she went inside. One day when she was outside, 'hootie bird' -as she named it- started calling and when she looked up the owl flew away.

It came back for a few minutes the following year, sat in the tree and hooted at her. Then permanently left.

Thought: l did remember to double wash my hat out after hauling that bird. l used soap, too.