Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, hasanhh said:

Where?

Britain Seizes Oil Tanker Bound for Syria at US Request & Are we celebrating an illusion of Freedom !?

While the US is celebrating the 4th of the July (some even without knowing why), Iranians and those who remember history mourn the death of nearly 300 civilians murdered on the 3rd of July by the US.

The US military man responsible for all these murders was later awarded with honors.

We will never forget and we will never forgive.

iran-mural.jpg?w=720&h=425

8 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

We will never forget and we will never forgive

Mahliqa Qarai  was among the brilliant souls lost that fateful day. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) unite her with the ahlalbayt (عليه السلام) whose message she was instrumental in delivering to several non persian speaking corners of the world.

I assume she is a sister to Ali Quli Qarai the Qur'an translator.

Al Fatiha al Arwahil Mu'mineena wal Mu'minaat ma3 salawaat.

Independence day are we celebrating the illusion of Freedom ?

33 minutes ago, habib e najjaar said:

Mahliqa Qarai  was among the brilliant souls lost that fateful day. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) unite her with the ahlalbayt (عليه السلام) whose message she was instrumental in delivering to several non persian speaking corners of the world.

I assume she is a sister to Ali Quli Qarai the Qur'an translator.

Al Fatiha al Arwahil Mu'mineena wal Mu'minaat ma3 salawaat.

So many poor people murdered by these killers far away from their own country.

This fuel for jahanam, William C. Rogers, may God give him what he deserves, resposible for these murders was in 1990 (one year after his murders) awarded with the Legion of Merit decoration "for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding service as commanding officer".

article-1208808-062c140c000005dc-456_468

When the Iranian government asked the US for an offical apology, it was met with the following saying from the U.S., Vice President George H.W. Bush, then running for president:

"I will never apologize for the United States – I don’t care what the facts are."

No regrets whatsoever, and they ask why the Iranians chant what they chant.

Muslims and Easterners are good at chanting and speechwriting but the reason why the West has always humiliated them and will continue to do so is because the West actually invents stuff everyone wants (like cars and phones) and therefore controls the global economy and global trade.

Finally some smart Eastern countries like China realised that the way to compete with the West isn't to chant and yell and shout and have huge slogans and 15 hour long speeches, but to actually have a giant footprint in global trade, by actually inventing and making stuff that the rest of the world wants to buy, by making China attractive for investors and in turn by China investing in those same countries it competes with.

Edited by Sumerian

Guest Zoofi

I guess we need both. What has prevented so many poor and resourceless Muslims to remain Muslims are these 15 hour long speeches, their own narrative, and so on. 

It definitely needs to be matched with economic and institution development where Muslims lack big time, even Iran. 

Problem with Japan, China, and India is, they just come and assimilate. Muslims don’t, because they adhere to a much superior ideology, which is a good thing. All we need is what you suggested!!

3 hours ago, IbnSina said:

So many poor people murdered by these killers far away from their own country.

This fuel for jahanam, William C. Rogers, may God give him what he deserves, resposible for these murders was in 1990 (one year after his murders) awarded with the Legion of Merit decoration "for exceptionally meritorious conduct in the performance of outstanding service as commanding officer".

article-1208808-062c140c000005dc-456_468

When the Iranian government asked the US for an offical apology, it was met with the following saying from the U.S., Vice President George H.W. Bush, then running for president:

"I will never apologize for the United States – I don’t care what the facts are."

No regrets whatsoever, and they ask why the Iranians chant what they chant.

Wouldn't hurt the US one bit for the President to apologize. 

On 7/5/2019 at 9:19 PM, Sumerian said:

Muslims and Easterners are good at chanting and speechwriting but the reason why the West has always humiliated them and will continue to do so is because the West actually invents stuff everyone wants (like cars and phones) and therefore controls the global economy and global trade.

Finally some smart Eastern countries like China realised that the way to compete with the West isn't to chant and yell and shout and have huge slogans and 15 hour long speeches, but to actually have a giant footprint in global trade, by actually inventing and making stuff that the rest of the world wants to buy, by making China attractive for investors and in turn by China investing in those same countries it competes with.

You speak as if things has always been the same.

China used to be a great empire then it became a nation of poor uneducated farmers oppressed by whoever and now its becoming strong again.

Same with Muslim countries.

Speechwriting and religious lectures, being politically involved, does not mean that you cannot improve the economy as well, it's not either or. Unless there are people who wants to fight you economically because of your religious beliefs, and then Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will be the one who provides, just like He provided for Rasulullah(S) who did achieve what he did with investments in different countries or innovative inventions but by speaking truth and adhering to what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has asked him to. Even when the Muslims were extremely poor, exiled, starving and sanctioned in the beginning of Islam.

1 hour ago, IbnSina said:

You speak as if things has always been the same.

China used to be a great empire then it became a nation of poor uneducated farmers oppressed by whoever and now its becoming strong again.

Same with Muslim countries.

Why did they became strong? Because they made themselves relevant on the global economy. They are now a major manufacturing hub. They didn't get there by shouting.

Speechwriting and religious lectures, being politically involved, does not mean that you cannot improve the economy as well, it's not either or. 

Speeches are useless when you compare it with economic relevancy. China still has their speeches, they still chant in favour of Chinese nationalism, communism and interests. But that is not how they compete with the US, look at the trade war, when Trump applies tarriffs on them they don't yell at him, they apply tarriffs back. They have shown they have the ability to compete with the most powerful nation in the world with action, not just by wasting breath.

Unless there are people who wants to fight you economically because of your religious beliefs, and then Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will be the one who provides, just like He provided for Rasulullah(S) who did achieve what he did with investments in different countries or innovative inventions but by speaking truth and adhering to what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has asked him to. Even when the Muslims were extremely poor, exiled, starving and sanctioned in the beginning of Islam.

The reason why people can humiliate and destroy you via economic warfare is because your economy is not relevant enough. It is a joke and weak economy. The Chinese economy of 1960 would have been crushed in 1 week had the US applied economic pressure back then, but now look at them, going head to head. They can defend their interests. Why? Because they made themselves relevant and important to the global economy. The world can't cope if China collapses, while some of these states their presence means nothing to the global market. If hypothetically they were deleted from the map the global economy would move on, no effect.

The point of the matter: chanting won't make you compete, economical strength will make you compete. When Trump announced the sanctions on Iran, people were saying Iran will swallow them. Their effect will be minimal. Well, people were wrong. Why? They didn't expect the Iranian economy to be so weak and so corrupted - to the point where some black marketeers welcomed the sanctions (they also underestimated Trump). And now here we are.

So the problem isn't the chants, you can shout until you lose your voice. The problem is all you do is chant, and when challenged you are wounded badly, because your economy is weak.

30 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Why did t

You seem to have neglected my whole argument.

Speechwriting and religious lectures, being politically involved, does not mean that you cannot improve the economy as well, it's not either or. Unless there are people who wants to fight you economically because of your religious beliefs, and then Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will be the one who provides, just like He provided for Rasulullah(S) who did not achieve what he did with investments in different countries or innovative inventions but by speaking truth and adhering to what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has asked him to. Even when the Muslims were extremely poor, exiled, starving and sanctioned in the beginning of Islam.

Edited by IbnSina

21 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

You seem to have neglected my whole argument.

Speechwriting and religious lectures, being politically involved, does not mean that you cannot improve the economy as well, it's not either or. Unless there are people who wants to fight you economically because of your religious beliefs, and then Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) will be the one who provides, just like He provided for Rasulullah(S) who did not achieve what he did with investments in different countries or innovative inventions but by speaking truth and adhering to what Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) has asked him to. Even when the Muslims were extremely poor, exiled, starving and sanctioned in the beginning of Islam.

I believe I addressed it. You claimed one can do both chanting and improving the economy, while I said that is indeed true, the fact is all Muslims do is chant, while their economies are laughable jokes.

Then you said unless they fight you economically, which I responded by saying had you had a good economy, then you can fight back, and not be humiliated.

Contrary to your opinion that Muslims were poor, the saying goes that Islam wouldn't claimed victory over the pagans without the sword of Ali (عليه السلام) and the wealth of Khadija (عليه السلام). So indeed, the Muslims had an economical weapon.

Whilst currently, the Iranians have no way to fight back economically against the Americans, at best they are relying on a miracle that other countries (mostly US allies in the E3) can support them in the face of America. Not good enough.

Hope you understood my point.

Edited by Sumerian

Just now, Sumerian said:

I believe I addressed it. You claimed one can do both chanting and improving the economy, while I said that is indeed true, the fact is all Muslims do is chant.

Then you said unless they fight you economically, which I responded by saying had you had a good economy, then you can fight back.

Contrary to your opinion that Muslims were poor, the saying goes that Islam wouldn't claimed victory over the pagans without the sword of Ali (عليه السلام) anf the wealth of Khadija (عليه السلام). So indeed, the Muslims had an economical weapon. 

I don’t agree that all Muslims do is to chant. As an example Iran has developed a lot both technically and in terms of education for the last 40 years. It is having problems with the economy mainly due to having half of the world sanctioning its trade.

Good economy doesnt happen overnight, it develops over time but things that might stem its development are such things as being invaded by a foreign country or having your whole financial system more or less internationally sanctioned.

Muslims still have an economical weapon and it is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) the source of all rizq.

25 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

I don’t agree that all Muslims do is to chant. As an example Iran has developed a lot both technically and in terms of education for the last 40 years. It is having problems with the economy mainly due to having half of the world sanctioning its trade.

That is partly but not completely true. Iran suffers from inside just as it does from outside. The corruption, the black markets, the price manipulation, make the sanctions so much easier for the US. Half of the US job is done due to internal incompetence.

Good economy doesnt happen overnight, it develops over time but things that might stem its development are such things as being invaded by a foreign country or having your whole financial system more or less internationally sanctioned.

Good economies arise when you spend smart and make yourself attractive to investors. Currently Iran hasn't even signed onto the FATF, something every developed nation has done. They are not even ready to comply with international regulations, and you want to have a good economy?

No one is saying Iran can become Hong Kong overnight, at the very least have a line of defense. Be relevant enough to not get squeezed so easily.

Muslims still have an economical weapon and it is Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) the source of all rizq.

Unfortunately Muslims don't help themselves. The rizq is there, the waste is there too.

Edited by Sumerian
Correction about FATF.

2 hours ago, Sumerian said:

Currently Iran hasn't even signed onto the FATF, something every developed nation has done. They are not even ready to comply with international regulations, and you want to have a good economy?

Except FATF I agree with you ,FATF is just for total destruction of Iranian economy like as Instex :NH:

Edited by Ashvazdanghe

11 minutes ago, Miss Wonderful said:

Life in United States is a prison. I’d rather be in the jnoub, wearing a chador, and going to majalyis freely, etc

All practising Muslims in the west are going to start feeling this way very soon. 

I wish the Muslim relatives of my daughter would stop being so scared to give me presents with Islamic stuff on them. I'm not offended. I know they are not trying to " convert me". But I haven't found the words yet to make them feel okay.

Sometimes things can appear sweet but in reality be greatly destructive for you. Once you fight out of the sweet grips of these things, you feel a great sense of joy and relief and are able to fully see and properly accept the desctructive elements of these things. You also feel a great sense of regret that you had allowed yourself to get deceived and terribly ruined by these things earlier. However, once out, your guard strengthens and you become a better you. 

Edited by AStruggler

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:04 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

Britain Seizes Oil Tanker Bound for Syria at US Request & Are we celebrating an illusion of Freedom !?

"Freedom is in the mind of the beholder."

I didn't watch the video -no time. What did it say?

So...We can't tell who the little guy looks like  a lot of the time. But turns out it doesn't matter. But we just got some of SG's baby pictures from his mom. He and my daughter really do look alike at that age. Go figure. Phenotypes are  weird sometimes..

Edited by LeftCoastMom

6 hours ago, starlight said:

Gosh! Earning rizq for yourfamily is......hard work!! But Alhumdollilah for all His blessings. 

:respect: for all the men who work tirelessly all their lives to provide a comfortable living for their family from their halal rizq. 

respect indeed.

The Holy Prophet (S) said: "He who is regardless of those whom he must feed, is cursed and again very much cursed."

Man La Yahduruhul Faqih, vol. 3, p. 168

Imam as-Sadiq (‘a) said: "He who tolerates the task of earning money for (the comfort of) his wife, is like the one who fights in the way of Allah.

Man La Yahduruhul Faqih, vol. 3, p. 168
Al-Kafi, vol. 5, p. 88

Edited by habib e najjaar

I'm really loving al-Islam's new Q and A section. What a great initiative. It's like Shiachat but with way better answers (sorry Shiachatters!).