Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

46 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Happy Summer Solstice for those in the north and Winter Solstice for folks in the south! 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to wish our members and visitors a happy solstice! And I was just reading a solstice post by a semi-pagan (agnostic, but likes the ritual and community) friend from high school on Facebook. 

Happy solstice (summer or winter) to all our friends and guests who celebrate it! 

14 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

To boost their own pathetic self esteem?

Yes, they seemed very happy afterwards. Dealing with harrasment is very hard. They were actually talking about big orders but they kept using the Urdu word for fat orders, which doesn't make sense. 

Edited by rkazmi33

31 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

Urdu word for fat orders,

Moti Asami? Gosh, they don't even use that in Pakistan much these days. How crude!

18 minutes ago, starlight said:

Moti Asami? Gosh, they don't even use that in Pakistan much these days. How crude!

It was like "Aaj motay order ziada aa rahay hain". They are Indians, so I can give them benefit of doubt that they use different words but when you say the word motay order 25 to 30 times in 5 or 10 minutes, it's strange. Men used to be more respectful at work place, this is how election of Trump is having an effect. 

Edited by rkazmi33

9 hours ago, notme said:

@hasanhh again with the mysterious "disagree"....

Are you disagreeing with wishing people a happy celebration of the outlawing of racial slavery in Texas, the last slave state in the US, or are you disagreeing with my wish that we continue working to end all forms of oppression? 

Both

1 hour ago, Charity said:
  • Very stressful especially if you maintained your home to be tahir.  What did you end up doing?

Yes, especially when you can't really say anything because that's a person you must respect. I washed the main things I felt could be najis, and then tried to push the incident out of my mind. 

10 hours ago, Chef said:

“The New England Journal of Medicine reports that 9 out of 10 doctors agree that 1 out of 10 doctors is an idiot.” – Jay Leno

I don't think it is an accident. I think the whole world is like that. And that one crazy doctor is the sane one or "victim".

I am from Iraq and know Arabic:

67:28 False translation. Say, [O Muhammad], "Have you considered: whether Allah should cause my death and those with me or have mercy upon us, who can protect the disbelievers from a painful punishment?"

67:28 Real translation: Say, "Have you considered: Whether Allah should decimate me and those with me, or have mercy on us (I think mercy here is like "rest in peace"), who can protect the Kafirs from a painful punishment?

Those 1 out of 10 are fighting for a better world, for us all, wherein there is Justice. They are fighting for the religion for the law. And everyone else are Neurotic. Decimating means that one takes one out of the 10 in the army and punish them by killing them, by bats and stones. Originally in Rome. Today they punish 10 percents of the soldiers in the army by more "humane" ways like push-ups or maybe prison I don't know. An army guy confirmed this to me, and he didn't hear of this term before I introduced it to him.

Doctors are evil. For example, they think they are Gods.

57 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

There was a discussion in the chat earlier today regarding mods and/or admins being able to read different users private messages (PMs) at will.

Is it true that they can do that or not?

@Hameedeh @Reza @Abu Hadi

Not true. 

59 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

There was a discussion in the chat earlier today regarding mods and/or admins being able to read different users private messages (PMs) at will.

Is it true that they can do that or not?

@Hameedeh @Reza @Abu Hadi

No, not at all. If someone reports one PM that he/she received, then the report generates a link to see that one PM so that Mods can decide what action to take (advice, verbal warning, warning, suspension or ban). Mods do not have access to all PMs of all members. Even Admins do not have access.  

A post that is critical of another member or group of members (especially Team members) will most likely be removed as off-topic. Keep those personal thoughts in the private message (PM).

• I don't understand the reference, would you please explain it?

In the United Kingdom kids have a homework diary which parents are supposed to check and sign that their kid has done the homework.

Now everyone who had to this, forged their parents signature at some point or another.

So this guy is saying in jest, he would be disappointed if his son did the legit thing of getting his father's signature instead of forging it like everyone else.

@Gaius I. Caesar @notme@Hameedeh@Islandsandmirrors

So we  go for a family picnic in the park. Grandparents, SG, DD, my sons, and grandson.  There were a lot of other families there, too. Our little fellow starts playing with his ball a short ways away and pretty soon is joined by a little girl who toddles over. She is joined by another little girl, then another. One of my sons jokes " hmmmmm...maybe a future wife in one of these little cuties?" 

SG looks up and says like he is just talking about  cookies " One, two, three......okay, son, one more and THAT'S IT!"

Then he ducks because my daughter threw the paper plates at his head. :D

#darnmuzzies

Edited by LeftCoastMom

21 minutes ago, LeftCoastMom said:

@Gaius I. Caesar @notme@Hameedeh@Islandsandmirrors

So we  go for a family picnic in the park. Grandparents, SG, DD, my sons, and grandson.  There were a lot of other families there, too. Our little fellow starts playing with his ball a short ways away and pretty soon is joined by a little girl who toddles over. She is joined by another little girl, then another. One of my sons jokes " hmmmmm...maybe a future wife in one of these little cuties?" 

SG looks up and says like he is just talking about  cookies " One, two, three......okay, son, one more and THAT'S IT!"

Then he ducks because my daughter threw the paper plates at his head. :D

#darnmuzzies

That's just too funny! :hahaha:

I remember a teacher of mine said something to his son (who was seven or eight at the time) along the lines of "be nice to your sister because she will have friends that you're going to want to date" Still cracks me up. 

Hope you enjoyed the picnic! :D Picnics are always fun. 

Edited by Islandsandmirrors

1 minute ago, starlight said:

:furious::furious: <--- worked for the Pak team. 

Lol, absolutely! Although some people were too harsh towards them.

My fav moment from the match. Babar Azam going into sajdah after scoring a century. 

4E2BAC18-D0A5-4B84-A7F8-99027AF28D8C.jpeg.b86ca827634844beb74053034d6a1d79.jpeg

I imagined you two were watching Women's FlFA compete for the Affirmative Action Participation Free-Standing Ornament.

Not:

9 hours ago, starlight said:

:furious::furious: <--- worked for the Pak team. 

9 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Lol, absolutely! Although some people were too harsh towards them.

My fav moment from the match. Babar Azam going into sajdah after scoring a century. 

My thought l wish to communicate is in the verb.

1 minute ago, Nevsevug said:

Any duas to recite before an interview?

Duas for success, for sustenance, for wisdom and knowledge, for clear thinking...

Try duas.org

I wish you success.

59 minutes ago, notme said:

Duas for success, for sustenance, for wisdom and knowledge, for clear thinking...

Try duas.org

I wish you success.

Thank you very much sister! JazakAllah 

10 minutes ago, starlight said:

I have a class in an hour and a half and I don't feel like revising AT ALL!!!!!!!!! :einstein:  Thinking back of student days when one could just sleep through class. 

If it's worth sitting through, it's worth revising. You've got this - do it!