Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you to all for your duas, my cousin passed away after a long illness. 

Please everyone, if you can, make some duas for my mother-in-law. The doctors have never figured out what has been making her ill for months, but she wants to have the machines removed, and without th

Not off to a good start here. New years day I spoke to my son. He's in hospital, terminal cancer, won't make his 38th birthday. Flying across the country, will see him Friday. They are keeping him unt

Posted Images

  • Forum Administrators
2 minutes ago, Nevsevug said:

I dyed them at home, so is it the same thing? Thanks so much you’re a life saver lol. 

Yeah it is, as long as the water touches the skin, it’s fine. Btw did you use a template or just  freehand put dye on them? I’m curious to know lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member
26 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Yeah it is, as long as the water touches the skin, it’s fine. Btw did you use a template or just  freehand put dye on them? I’m curious to know lol. 

Thank you! Bless you!

I just did it freehand following the shape of my brows lol! They are medium-fulling but a few sparse areas here and there which looked off. It looks pretty natural after the tint, just more filled in. You could try outlining a shape with maybe an eyebrow pencil if you wanted to try?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Yeah it is, as long as the water touches the skin, it’s fine. Btw did you use a template or just  freehand put dye on them? I’m curious to know lol. 

l always knew cosmetics invalidated wuhdu, but the water-must-touch-the-skin part was never said  --around me, anyway.

Cosmetics is so, blaaah-yuck. Cosmetics never do any good and some of those Gulf-Gurls look absolutely terror-able.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
7 hours ago, hasanhh said:

l always knew cosmetics invalidated wuhdu, but the water-must-touch-the-skin part was never said  --around me, anyway.

Cosmetics such as mascara, eyeliner etc. would invalidate wudhu and one would need to wash them off before starting the ablution. The sister was talking about hair dye though and that is fine for wudhu.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators

There is no "one size fits all" solution to any problem, but if we discuss with others, someone could possibly give us another option that we did not know was available.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

Qur'an says don't talk to men in a soft voice. I try to follow that and I only talk to men when I am in a bad mood to make sure that I remain completely serious. But it seems like my tone doesn't matter to them much. They are offended when I avoid talking to them and they get happy when I do talk to them. Am I focusing too much on gender and they just want to talk to me to feel a human to human connection? I don't feel any connection while making small talk, it feels like a chore and if I make small talk with too many people for too long, it gives me a headache. Why do people like to talk so much? Why don't they enjoy the peaceful silence? 

Edited by rkazmi33
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Don't you just love it when folks change their names and go nuts online?

We had one  historically rather troublesome tribal citizen change names to our word for " moonlight" ( not that that fooled anyone) and start attacking people on the Internet. 

I told the person that the choice of moniker was perfect for a lunatic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Development Team
1 hour ago, LeftCoastMom said:

Don't you just love it when folks change their names and go nuts online?

We had one  historically rather troublesome tribal citizen change names to our word for " moonlight" ( not that that fooled anyone) and start attacking people on the Internet. 

I told the person that the choice of moniker was perfect for a lunatic.

Yeah totally, it's just so thoughtful and understanding.

Sounds like that person is missing a few screws. Choice name if I say so myself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

^ You're correct. Was elected to tribal council by a bunch of cousins who lived to regret it. My family was one of the ones that was instrumental in getting this nut booted off tribal council before any more damage was done. So now it's fall-out time. Fortunately, these kinds of folks  manage to make such a nuisance of themselves they generally end up with little support. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve been on Jenny Craig for about a week now. I’m on the three month plan. (Want to lose 20.) I like the food, although since many of the foods are low-fat, I tend to sneak a tablespoon of heavy cream into the taco meat for a bit more flavor, and satisfy my cravings.

I’ve lost a little bit of weight, which is nice. However, I don’t like how my meal plan has fruit added to breakfast as opposed to more protein-rich foods. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
On 6/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, Islandsandmirrors said:

I’ve been on Jenny Craig for about a week now. I’m on the three month plan. (Want to lose 20.) I like the food, although since many of the foods are low-fat, I tend to sneak a tablespoon of heavy cream into the taco meat for a bit more flavor, and satisfy my cravings.

I’ve lost a little bit of weight, which is nice. However, I don’t like how my meal plan has fruit added to breakfast as opposed to more protein-rich foods. 

My ex-mother-in-law lost a lot of weight on Jenny Craig. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2019 at 2:11 PM, notme said:

My ex-mother-in-law lost a lot of weight on Jenny Craig. 

I’ve heard that a lot of people tend to lose weight on Jenny Craig and get the yearly membership (after reaching their goals) to keep up with portions and accountability. Did your ex MIL keep the weight off? 

My consultant lost 60 pounds with JC and has maintained her weight since. I hope can keep it off after I’ve stopped purchasing their meals. We will see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
59 minutes ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

I’ve heard that a lot of people tend to lose weight on Jenny Craig and get the yearly membership (after reaching their goals) to keep up with portions and accountability. Did your ex MIL keep the weight off? 

My consultant lost 60 pounds with JC and has maintained her weight since. I hope can keep it off after I’ve stopped purchasing their meals. We will see. 

I only ever knew her as a small, slim woman, though I've seen photos of her heavier, so apparently she kept it off on regular meals afterward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

My thought for this evening:

I never thought I would read about women and their frustrations about their dietary disasters --at least on this thread.

Maybe I should invent a belly-blaster and a hip-hacker for you girls.

:D

Although, I could lose about 25 kgs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators

@hasanhh again with the mysterious "disagree"....

Are you disagreeing with wishing people a happy celebration of the outlawing of racial slavery in Texas, the last slave state in the US, or are you disagreeing with my wish that we continue working to end all forms of oppression? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Advanced Member

Happy Summer Solstice for those in the north and Winter Solstice for folks in the south! 

Summer has decided not to come yet here. It is cold and rainy. The sun remains a theory. We've skipped "summer" before and might again this year...

 

we're celebrating " Long Days" anyway!

 

 

PS...this is a bit of humor from Shia Gentleman... Below is a portrait of him before he came here and met us ...next to a portrait of him these days.

image.jpeg

Edited by LeftCoastMom
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Veteran Member

Why do desis love to call other people fat? Especially desi men, they may be bald, fat, short, ugly but they comment on women's appearance like they are Prince charming. There are some desi men at my work and they keep using the Urdu word for fat whenever they are around me. On Wednesday, they were working near me and they must have used that word 20 or 30 times. Before you make fun of someone's appearance, at least look at yourself in the mirror. I am surprised that it didn't upset me at all. Probably because I have zero respect for them, so I don't care about their opinion. But I feel like it's my responsibility to confront them, otherwise they will think I am encouraging them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rkazmi33 said:

Why do desis love to call other people fat? Especially desi men, they may be bald, fat, short, ugly but they comment on women's appearance like they are Prince charming. There are some desi men at my work and they keep using the Urdu word for fat whenever they are around me. On Wednesday, they were working near me and they must have used that word 20 or 30 times. Before you make fun of someone's appearance, at least look at yourself in the mirror. I am surprised that it didn't upset me at all. Probably because I have zero respect for them, so I don't care about their opinion. But I feel like it's my responsibility to confront them, otherwise they will think I am encouraging them. 

To boost their own pathetic self esteem?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...