Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

Is it recommended to clip your nails on thursday or on friday?

Also, its pronounced silat ul raham, why do some people write it as silat ul rahim?

According to a reliable tradition from Imam Ja'far-e-Sadiq (a.s.), cutting the nails on Friday keeps one safe from the disease of dandruff, leprosy and blindness. Even if there is no need to cut one's nails, one should cut them a little that a few of their particles may fall off.

Another tradition states that cutting of nails and the ends of the moustache on every Friday, and also washing hair with khatimi leaves increases one's income.

Another tradition states that people told the Imam (a.s.) that they have heard that dua and namaz (taqeebat) after the morning prayers until the sun rises, is better than hunting for one's daily wages from one city to another. The Imam (a.s.) asked whether he could show something which was more satisfactory from the point of view of daily income. When the people replied in the affirmative, the Imam (a.s.) said that one should cut one's nails and sideburns every Friday and even if the nails are not big enough to be cut, one should rub them a little on every Friday.

According to a tradition, a person who cuts his nails on a Thursday should start from his left hand and end on the little finger of his right hand.

Another tradition states that when a person cuts all his nails except one on a Thursday and takes that one off on a Friday, then God will dissolve all his worries.

According to a reliable tradition from the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.), a person who cuts his nails on a Friday, God takes away all pains from his

http://www.shiavault.com/books/tahzeeb-ul-islam-islamic-ettiquettes/chapters/3-etiquette-of-cleaning-teeth-combing-cutting-nails-shaving-head

I think it’s Silat ur Rahim: 

Imam Baqir (A) said:

صِلَةُ الأََرْحَامِ تَطِيبُ النَّفْسَ وَ تَزِيدُ فِي الرِّزقِ.

“Establishing the bonds of kinship freshens the soul and increases the sustenance.”

Edited by Nevsevug
Fixing a word

22 hours ago, IbnSina said:

Is it recommended to clip your nails on thursday or on friday?

Also, its pronounced silat ul raham, why do some people write it as silat ul rahim?

22 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

According to a reliable tradition from Imam Ja'far-e-Sadiq (a.s.), cutting the nails on Friday keeps one safe from the disease of dandruff, leprosy and blindness. Even if there is no need to cut one's nails, one should cut them a little that a few of their particles may fall off.

Another tradition states that cutting of nails and the ends of the moustache on every Friday, and also washing hair with khatimi leaves increases one's income.

Another tradition states that people told the Imam (a.s.) that they have heard that dua and namaz (taqeebat) after the morning prayers until the sun rises, is better than hunting for one's daily wages from one city to another. The Imam (a.s.) asked whether he could show something which was more satisfactory from the point of view of daily income. When the people replied in the affirmative, the Imam (a.s.) said that one should cut one's nails and sideburns every Friday and even if the nails are not big enough to be cut, one should rub them a little on every Friday.

According to a tradition, a person who cuts his nails on a Thursday should start from his left hand and end on the little finger of his right hand.

Another tradition states that when a person cuts all his nails except one on a Thursday and takes that one off on a Friday, then God will dissolve all his worries.

According to a reliable tradition from the Holy Prophet (s.a.w.a.), a person who cuts his nails on a Friday, God takes away all pains from his

http://www.shiavault.com/books/tahzeeb-ul-islam-islamic-ettiquettes/chapters/3-etiquette-of-cleaning-teeth-combing-cutting-nails-shaving-head

I think it’s Silat ur Rahim: 

Imam Baqir (A) said:

صِلَةُ الأََرْحَامِ تَطِيبُ النَّفْسَ وَ تَزِيدُ فِي الرِّزقِ.

“Establishing the bonds of kinship freshens the soul and increases the sustenance.”

Salaam

In Desi culture, it's highly disliked to cut nails/have haircut on Tuesdays and Sundays. I just wonder if it is cultural or has some religious basis?(I think Hindus also prohibit haircut on Tuesdays)

29 minutes ago, Qambar1 said:

Salaam

In Desi culture, it's highly disliked to cut nails/have haircut on Tuesdays and Sundays. I just wonder if it is cultural or has some religious basis?(I think Hindus also prohibit haircut on Tuesdays)

I haven’t heard or read anything like this, I’m sorry. 

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum

Congratulations to Imam Zaman and the ummah for the birth of the 3qilat bani hachem Sayyida Zaynab 3laha salam.

On the birthday occasion of Sayyida Zaynab 3laha salam, I request for whomever reads this post to recite fatiha to the thousands of martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the Shrines of Sayyida Zaynab and Sayyida Rouqaya.

God give patience to the martyrs' families.

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

On 1/2/2019 at 9:18 PM, notme said:

Nudity, violence, racism, all manner of disrespect toward women are all ok on Netflix. A comedian making jokes about Saudi Arabia is over the line. I guess we know who pays their bills. 

don’t you know that when America buys Saudi Oil the Saudi's invest those trillions of dollars back in US treasury bonds. That means that America gets its oil for free because the trillions of dollars it hands over to the Saudis for oil comes back almost immediately. 

When Saddam Hussein insisted on trading Iraqi oil in Euros all of a sudden there were "weapons of mass destruction" and the rest is history. I know Saddam was a monster but he didnt fall for being a monster, he fell because he became a threat to the dollar currency's status as the reserve currency of the world.

When Iran started making plans to trade its own oil in Euros, all of a sudden there was a noise about Nuclear enrichment with Israel hoping for a quick strike. Sanctions sufficed. Same with Venezeula.

You are right. Saudi Petro dollars do pay the bills. They pay the bills for every extremist Sunni sect that exists on this whole planet backed by their Gulf comrades.

On 1/9/2019 at 7:59 PM, Nevsevug said:

Is it wise to open a savings account? Also should you open it with the same bank as your checking? Does anyone have any kind of advice? 

It's good to set aside a bit of money for emergencies. A savings account is just right for that. 

If you accumulate money, you will be obligated to pay khums. https://www.al-islam.org/shiite-encyclopedia-ahlul-bayt-dilp-team/khums-one-fifth

5 hours ago, Haji 2003 said:

8480438-6587705-image-a-4_1547423230001.

McDonald's got into hot water with vegetarians when it advertised that its fries were cooked in vegetable oil, but didn't readily disclose that the fries were flavored with beef tallow. McDonald's was sued by several vegetarians and Hindus who do not eat meat for ethical and/or religious reasons.

2 hours ago, Laayla said:

McDonald's got into hot water with vegetarians when it advertised that its fries were cooked in vegetable oil, but didn't readily disclose that the fries were flavored with beef tallow. McDonald's was sued by several vegetarians and Hindus who do not eat meat for ethical and/or religious reasons.

That was about 20 years ago. Have they changed their formula since then? 

Anyway, whichever takeout uses this container, this ketchup trick would apply. Lots of places use these boxes. 

@notme

Assalam Alikum sister 

You can call corporate and verify.  This is what I read about it.

What's in a Fry?

But they didn’t change their recipe one bit. Their website still lists the ingredientsfor all to see.

As a representative explained: “With regard to our French fries, any customer in the you.S. who contacts McDonald's United States to ask if they contain beef flavoring is told 'yes.'"

The way it works is, McDonald's French fry suppliers add a very small amount of beef flavor to the oil in the par-frying process at the potato processing plant before shipping the spuds to individual outlets. Once at the restaurant, the fries are cooked in vegetable oil. That same representative went on to say that, "In addition, we have no plans to change the way we prepare our French fries in the you.S. However, it is important to know that our French fries are prepared differently in other countries.”

https://www.thoughtco.com/mcdonalds-french-fries-still-not-vegetarian-3970283

Harvesting food in space, ideally using locally extracted water, would mean astronauts could survive for far longer without returned to Earth for supplies.

Images sent back by the [Moon] probe show a cotton plant has grown well, but so far none of the other plants had sprouted, the university said.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jan/15/china-germinates-first-seed-on-moon-cotton-shoot-change-4

Hmm.

So we may be able to clothe ourselves, but without food we still won't live long enough to need a change of clothing.

11 minutes ago, Haji 2003 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2019/jan/15/china-germinates-first-seed-on-moon-cotton-shoot-change-4

Hmm.

So we may be able to clothe ourselves, but without food we still won't live long enough to need a change of clothing.

They've grown and eaten salad vegetables on the International Space Station. I'm sure it's also possible for them to grow on the moon, even if they haven't yet. 

6 minutes ago, notme said:

They've grown and eaten salad vegetables on the International Space Station. I'm sure it's also possible for them to grow on the moon, even if they haven't yet. 

Sure. I agree with you. I just thought it was amusing that cotton had germinated before food.

My blog posts on the God Hypothesis all 'predict' that there will be human activity in space and that it will be incremental with closer resources providing the means to exploit those further away.

Life would be easier if we all just closed our eyes and our ears. Life would be easier if we just didn't care about humanity. 

Question: if someone you love and respect says something really stupid and harmful, should you correct them, knowing they won't listen? 

20 minutes ago, Hameedeh said:

Congratulations to ShiaChat members who were Popular Contributors from January 1 - 14!

@Ralvi @Salsabeel @2Timeless @Miss Wonderful @Natsu @Son of Placid @Ibn al-Hussain @Waseem162 @IbnSina @BowTie @dragonxx @Murtaza1        

Thank you much appreciated

China must be one of the most tourist unfriendly places I have been in so far. English is extremely rare.

Took me like 1 hours to sign up for a gym here.

Having a very hard time with food as well. I expected as much so I had a water boiler, instant noodles, tuna and corn cans with me.  Been eating it for lunch but its boring to eat the same thing for dinner so I went to a grocery store here to buy some instant oats, banana, blue berries, honey and peanut butter. The grocery store was really confusing, the way their products were placed.

Hard to make sense out of it. They were pumping annoying chinese music and every time someone saw me it was like they found nemo, I am ready to go home.

6 hours ago, IbnSina said:

China must be one of the most tourist unfriendly places I have been in so far. English is extremely rare.

Took me like 1 hours to sign up for a gym here.

Having a very hard time with food as well. I expected as much so I had a water boiler, instant noodles, tuna and corn cans with me.  Been eating it for lunch but its boring to eat the same thing for dinner so I went to a grocery store here to buy some instant oats, banana, blue berries, honey and peanut butter. The grocery store was really confusing, the way their products were placed.

Hard to make sense out of it. They were pumping annoying chinese music and every time someone saw me it was like they found nemo, I am ready to go home

Wouldn't it be nice if we were sometimes invisible and travel the world so nobody could see or judge us for the way we look.

Sometines I fly like that in my dreams in Out of Body Experiences OBE when I sleep. In my dreams I have been to Indira Ghandi airport in India, soon after that there were reports in their media of unusual lights in the sky. In my dreams I also went to the arctic coast of North East America when there was a snow storm. I flew like a bee above the glaziers and below the ocean. I never heard of the place before let alone knowing about the snow storm. I know it sounds unconventional but I believe it happened to me.

Its sad people treat us the way the Chinese are treating you. What is your ethnicity? 

Edited by Murtaza1

13 hours ago, Murtaza1 said:

Wouldn't it be nice if we were sometimes invisible and travel the world so nobody could see or judge us for the way we look.

Sometines I fly like that in my dreams in Out of Body Experiences OBE when I sleep. In my dreams I have been to Indira Ghandi airport in India, soon after that there were reports in their media of unusual lights in the sky. In my dreams I also went to the arctic coast of North East America when there was a snow storm. I flew like a bee above the glaziers and below the ocean. I never heard of the place before let alone knowing about the snow storm. I know it sounds unconventional but I believe it happened to me.

Its sad people treat us the way the Chinese are treating you. What is your ethnicity? 

They don’t treat me bad or anything like that. It is just hard to communicate, understand things and find food here.

I don’t really remember my dreams anymore, only the crazy ones maybe. I dreamed the other day that I was snowboarding on asphalt without a snowboard, was very strange. 

3 minutes ago, IbnSina said:

They don’t treat me bad or anything like that. It is just hard to communicate, understand things and find food here.

I don’t really remember my dreams anymore, only the crazy ones maybe. I dreamed the other day that I was snowboarding on asphalt without a snowboard, was very strange. 

I see well Chinese are easy going people I guess. Also dreams can tell a lot about ourselves. I heard in Islam we are told there are three kinds of dreams simply to spiritual.

1 hour ago, Nevsevug said:

Would anyone be able to suggest gifts that I can include in a care package for a friend who miscarried? Thank you 

How about giving a soft cuddly teddy bear with a prophetic quote of comfort regarding loss of a child. Here are some of my favourite quotes:

O ‘Uthman son of Maz`un! Paradise has eight gates and Hell has seven; does it not please you that whenever you come to any gate of Paradise, you will find your son standing at it, holding your robe (pleading to the Almighty to let you in)?"

Ubadah ibn al-Samit is quoted as having said that the Messenger of Allah (ص) had said, "A childbed woman is dragged by her son on the Judgment Day with his own naval cords into Paradise [the child died before getting the chance to cut the naval cord]."

Anas ibn Malik is quoted as having cited the Messenger of Allah (ص) saying, "When it is Judgment Day, the believers' children are called upon to get out of their graves. They will come out. They will then be told to go to Paradise in hordes, but they will say, 'Lord! Shall our parents accompany us?' They will be called upon a second time to go to Paradise in hordes, but they will again say, 'Lord! Shall our parents accompany us?'

They will then be called upon for the third time to go to Paradise in hordes, but they will once more say, 'Lord! What about our parents?' It will be said to them on the fourth time, 'Your parents shall be with you, too,' whereupon each child will leap to its parents. They will take their hands and all will enter Paradise, for they best know their fathers and mothers on that Day than your own sons who now are in your homes."20

Anas ibn Malik is quoted as having said that a man used to bring his son together with him whenever he used to see the Messenger of Allah (ص). The son died, so his father stopped going to visit the Prophet (ص) who inquired about him. People said to the Prophet (ص), "O Messenger of Allah! His son, whom you had seen in his company, has died."

The Prophet (ص) said, "Why did you not tell me? Stand and let us go to our brother to console him." When the Prophet (ص) entered the man's place, he found him very sad and forlorn, so he offered his condolences to him. The man said, "O Messenger of Allah! I used to treasure him for my old age and feebleness."

The Messenger of Allah (ص) said to him, "Does it not please you that on the Day of Judgment, he will be beside you? He will be told to enter Paradise, whereupon he will say, 'Lord! What about my parents?' He will keep pleading till Allah, the most Exalted, the most Great, accepts his intercession and permits you all to enter Paradise."21

https://www.al-Islam.org/heart-comforter-time-loss-children-and-loved-ones-sheikh-zayn-ad-din-al-amili/rewards-loss-children