Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

On 5/3/2019 at 8:20 AM, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

Can ghusl e jimmuah be used for other salah in the day without wudhu like fajr or fajr qadha or does it specifically have to be for salat al jummuah/asr? 

I’ve been told that the azmat of the ghusl means that wudhu isn’t required. So in effect, you are in wudhu until you would need to redo it again so you would be able to pray any prayer until that time. 

17 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

How do you guys spend your time in Ramadan? I don’t want to spend the day sleeping or doing useless things. Also what are some everyday duas/acts we can perform in those days? I’m going to try putting the phone away more, reading religious books, watching lectures, painting but sometimes I don’t feel like doing any of those all day either. Sometimes my depression or anxiety are bad so I can’t get in the right mood. 

Check out http://duas.org/ 

It has ample duas, daily ziyarats etc which I’m sure you’ll find useful. Also, remember that for acts of worship in the holy month the blessings are double/tripled?? So do what you can and try and do it with sincerity. 

You could also consider keeping an activity diary? There are apps available for this so you can have some structure to your days (or use paper if you prefer). You can even continue this after the holy month. Also, I would advise for you to think about your day every evening and start off by writing three things that you are grateful for and say Alhumdulilah.

My best wishes and duas for you to have a spiritually fulfilling month of Ramadan. 

Edited by Heavenly_Silk
Edited font size.

1 hour ago, notme said:

Speaking of being in nature, my property is overrun with ticks and poison ivy and I'm afraid to go out and do the work that desperately needs to be done! 

I ordered some tick repellent socks. They should arrive next week. Not sure what to do about the poison ivy. 

0E9BDC3C-9C06-48DD-9578-B779D027BC17.thumb.jpeg.01df4f4bb689c940494a3fca071b02a9.jpeg

Hope you find a more permanent solution, but this might help in the meantime. :) 

3 hours ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

Check out http://duas.org/ 

It has ample duas, daily ziyarats etc which I’m sure you’ll find useful. Also, remember that for acts of worship in the holy month the blessings are double/tripled?? So do what you can and try and do it with sincerity. 

You could also consider keeping an activity diary? There are apps available for this so you can have some structure to your days (or use paper if you prefer). You can even continue this after the holy month. Also, I would advise for you to think about your day every evening and start off by writing three things that you are grateful for and say Alhumdulilah.

My best wishes and duas for you to have a spiritually fulfilling month of Ramadan. 

7 hours ago, notme said:

Being in nature might help with that, and walking or hiking are good for physical health too. Bonus points if you contemplate the creation while enjoying nature. Of course you'll want to take it a little easy during Ramadan so you don't become dehydrated. 

Thank you so much! Hope you have a great Ramadan 

People encourage women to become smart or become good wives because otherwise they would need to sell themselves to survive. But recently I have been noticing that many smart women also sell themselves. The winner of Miss America is a lawyer and I read that 3 finalists were also lawyers. It makes me wonder if they are so smart, why do they still degrade themselves? I have noticed that dumb women get more notorious, since they are not able to do anything else, they should try to become good wives. But for smart women, it's called "exploring her sexuality". Kim Kardashian announced that she is becoming a lawyer and you think: if she is capable of becoming a lawyer, why does she do everything she does? 

@rkazmi33 in order to "succeed" as a lawyer in the US, one must be willing to compromise their values and morals. That's actually much worse than just selling their bodies. 

Not all lawyers are evil, just all wealthy ones are. 

I have sighted a crescent in the United Kingdom :grin:

20190506-131716.jpg

Ramadan Mubarak to all. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) accept our fasts and may we become of the mutaqeen.

Edited by Propaganda_of_the_Deed

On 5/5/2019 at 11:26 AM, rkazmi33 said:

Kim Kardashian announced that she is becoming a lawyer and you think: if she is capable of becoming a lawyer, why does she do everything she does? 

To do what Kim does, one has to be wily as a fox. She's not dumb. Gross and shameless, oh absolutely! I definitely agree with you on that.

19 hours ago, Propaganda_of_the_Deed said:

I have sighted a crescent in the United Kingdom :grin:

20190506-131716.jpg

Ramadan Mubarak to all. May Allah (سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى) accept our fasts and may we become of the mutaqeen.

Is that one of your pets?

Edited by Heavenly_Silk

5 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

@laithAlIRAQI

Thanks for your advice, laptop is working a little better now!

No problem sister, there are videos on YouTube that shows how you can make windows 10 faster, check them out if you need to.

Edited by laithAlIRAQI

I am really excited about Sayed Ammar Nakhshwani's Ramadan series. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

15 minutes ago, starlight said:

I am really excited about Sayed Ammar Nakhshwani's Ramadan series. Hope it lives up to my expectations.

sister, do you know where he is lecturing this year? I haven’t watched his majaalis in a while but might try and catch this series.

10 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

sister, do you know where he is lecturing this year? I haven’t watched his majaalis in a while but might try and catch this series.

No idea, but I will try and ask someone who might know.

30 minutes ago, starlight said:

I hope he actually sits on the mimber and actually gives a proper talk. I hope it's not one of those shows where he is interviewed.

Edited by ali_fatheroforphans

So does my fast count if I fasted yesterday even though I was terribly sick(throwing up, migraine, chills)?

And should I be fasting today even though I am feeling much better (still a little coughing and runny nose though)? I made my intention NOT to fast but now I feel a little guilty because I thought I would be feeling as sick as I was yesterday. 

41 minutes ago, ireallywannaknow said:

So does my fast count if I fasted yesterday even though I was terribly sick(throwing up, migraine, chills)?

And should I be fasting today even though I am feeling much better (still a little coughing and runny nose though)? I made my intention NOT to fast but now I feel a little guilty because I thought I would be feeling as sick as I was yesterday. 

Vomiting invalidates the fast. 

It's good you're feeling mostly better today, and you probably could have fasted, but now there's no benefit to second guessing. Just make up the missed fast. Do some charitable work or make a sadqa, and use today for recovery. 

20 minutes ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Omds he just loves someone interviewing him. Anyways looking forward to it.

To be fair, I am not sure whether it will be someone interviewing him or whether he will actually do majalis from the studio as he has done that in the past. Lets see...

6 minutes ago, Heavenly_Silk said:

You can't do that. Aren't some brothers paying thousands to get hair transplants these days? :woot:

:rolleyes:

Men and their obsession with looking young! 

1 hour ago, notme said:

Vomiting invalidates the fast. 

It's good you're feeling mostly better today, and you probably could have fasted, but now there's no benefit to second guessing. Just make up the missed fast. Do some charitable work or make a sadqa, and use today for recovery. 

I thought only intentional vomiting... will have to look it up.

Thank you!

On 5/5/2019 at 12:26 PM, rkazmi33 said:

People encourage women to become smart or become good wives because otherwise they would need to sell themselves to survive. But recently I have been noticing that many smart women also sell themselves. The winner of Miss America is a lawyer and I read that 3 finalists were also lawyers. It makes me wonder if they are so smart, why do they still degrade themselves? I have noticed that dumb women get more notorious, since they are not able to do anything else, they should try to become good wives. But for smart women, it's called "exploring her sexuality". Kim Kardashian announced that she is becoming a lawyer and you think: if she is capable of becoming a lawyer, why does she do everything she does? 

so here’s what I learned a few days ago. Most women lawyers reach the top of the game and realise that in order to go even further you have to sacrifice pretty much everything and work 80 hours a week. But statistics show that women on average choose NOT to take the absolute highest positions because they find other things are more valuable than work (family, children, relationships, etc. all the things that actually matter). men are just more insane and that is why they choose to take the absolute highest positions in law.

now, why is Kim becoming a lawyer? who knows. maybe she wants a purpose.