Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
ShiaChat Mod

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

BOYCOTT PUMA

https://www.presstv.com/Detail/2019/04/22/594058/BDS-launches-global-campaign-to-boycott-Puma-over-support-for-Israel-Football-Association

BDS launches global campaign to boycott Puma over support for Israel Football Association

If you can and appropriate: please spread this news as well. In whatsapp groups, social media, friends and family, etc. 

On 3/24/2019 at 12:30 AM, IbnSina said:

I did some research on it, doesnt seem like a good idea to have them indoors, even though they are very beautiful. Also the thorns are kinda poisonous according to my research.

I went with a indoor bonsai tree instead.

In Arabic they are called Jahanmeya , as in Jahanam like hell. I respect hell but not in my living room lol

7 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

Is it okay to show a male dermatologist my scalp?

Salam ,you can show it.

48 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Salam ,you can show it.

Based on who’s ruling? If she is a girl, she can’t show her head to non-related men except in cases of life threatening situations, such as car accident. She should request a female doctor/nurse. 

20 minutes ago, OrthodoxTruth said:

Based on who’s ruling? If she is a girl, she can’t show her head to non-related men except in cases of life threatening situations, such as car accident. She should request a female doctor/nurse. 

based on rulling male doctors can see it from reflection of scalp in mirror  

https://www.dailymail.co.United Kingdom/news/article-6949845/amp/Young-woman-raped-murdered-hospital-staff-Pakistan.html

I hope justice is swift and the punishments severe. What society is this, where you cannot even trust going to a hospital over a simple ailment. In a Muslim country at that.

Anyone surprised by or skeptical of this has no experience with the US military. 

Navy SEALs Were Warned Against Reporting Their Chief for War Crimes https://nyti.ms/2Vfi3XP

Hope the psychotic mass murderer is tried and convicted. Not expect, but hope. 

8 hours ago, notme said:

Anyone surprised by or skeptical of this has no experience with the US military. 

Navy SEALs Were Warned Against Reporting Their Chief for War Crimes https://nyti.ms/2Vfi3XP

Hope the psychotic mass murderer is tried and convicted. Not expect, but hope. 

I remember reading somewhere that the majority of soldiers on either side in the Second World War covertly shot to miss, without even realizing it; it's not in the human nature to kill. 

These kinds of remorseless killers in 'elite' military units have their purpose, but they're largely abnormal human beings.

11 hours ago, Don'tMakeA١٠١س said:

http://www.journal.forces.gc.ca/vo9/no2/16-engen-eng.asp

The theory has its limits, but an interesting read nonetheless.

But if nobody were willing to kill over politics, there would be no war. Disputes would have to be settled in civilized ways. I'm ok with that. I can't accept that the world needs psychopaths. 

17 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

I don't think I've seen a more toxic site than Twitter, a so called Muslim dude got exposed for being a predator and Twitter exploded. 

You have to choose your Twitter wisely. If you only follow scientists, it's pretty cool. 

99% of the time I don’t use makeup and I like myself better without it- but for the times when I look like a burnt chicken nugget- is cover up/concealer etc permissible?

1 hour ago, Nevsevug said:

99% of the time I don’t use makeup and I like myself better without it- but for the times when I look like a burnt chicken nugget- is cover up/concealer etc permissible?

Yes. Makeup to cover a defect is permitted to be worn in public. Makeup for beautification should be only worn in private or should be covered. 

11 minutes ago, notme said:

Yes. Makeup to cover a defect is permitted to be worn in public. Makeup for beautification should be only worn in private or should be covered. 

so anything that beautifies isnt allowed? Mascara/lipgloss etc?

2 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

so anything that beautifies isnt allowed? Mascara/lipgloss etc?

That's my understanding of the fatwa of Sayyid Sistani. If your purpose in using it is to conceal a blemish, it is allowed to be worn in public; if your purpose is to beautify, it is not. There's a bit of grey area, but it seems to me it would be hard to rationalize full makeup. I mean, if you feel like your small eyelashes are a defect, you might be able to rationalize mascara, et cetera, but most people are capable of determining where to draw the line. 

2 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

That's an old one. Best caption I saw with it was along the lines:

"When you have to do a presentation in front of the class and your mates try to make you laugh"

3 hours ago, notme said:

This is really interesting. The Sahara has a lot of ancient water under it. 

http://www.oxfordpresents.com/ms/nance/water-in-the-sahara-desert/

There are many more blessing awaiting under Earth and will only be revealed after the Mahdi reappears (May Allah subhana wa tala hasten his appearance) and let us witness the Utopian world of peace where even the dry desserts of the Middle East will have abundance of greenery and fruits inshalah.