Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you to all for your duas, my cousin passed away after a long illness. 

Please everyone, if you can, make some duas for my mother-in-law. The doctors have never figured out what has been making her ill for months, but she wants to have the machines removed, and without th

Not off to a good start here. New years day I spoke to my son. He's in hospital, terminal cancer, won't make his 38th birthday. Flying across the country, will see him Friday. They are keeping him unt

Posted Images

• Advanced Member

Imam Ali (صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم), with Nahjul Balagha Sermon four:

Through us you got guidance in the darkness and secured high position, and through us you got out of the gloomy night. The ears which do not listen to the cries may become deaf. How can one who remained deaf to the loud cries (of the Qur’an and the Prophet) listen to (my) feeble voice? The heart that has ever palpitated (with fear of Allah) may get peace.
I always apprehended from you consequences of treachery and I had seen you through in the garb of the deceitful. The curtain of religion had kept me hidden from you but the truth of my intentions disclosed you to me. I stood for you on the path of truth among misleading tracks where you met each other but there was no leader and you dug but got no water.
Today I am making these dumb things speak to you (I.e. my suggestive ideas and deep musings etc.) which are full of descriptive power. The opinion of the person who abandons me may get astray. I have never doubted in the truth since it has been shown to me. Musa (Moses) did not entertain fear for his own self. Rather he apprehended mastery of the ignorant and away of deviation. Today we stand on the crossroads of truth and untruth. The one who is sure of getting water feels no thirst.

• Moderators
On 4/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, notme said:

@ireallywannaknow ask them questions about their beliefs. 

I second this. Most people in the West are instinctively wary of proselytization from people who actually practice their religions -- the adversarial approach of Christian televangelists and YouTube da'wa boys guaranteed that. If the conversation starts with them stereotyping you as one of those "Ten Shahadas in Ten Minutes!" people, they're unlikely to be receptive to what you say.

On the other, most people are quite willing to discuss primordial questions like the existence of God, the fate of humanity, or the compatibility of religion and modernity. Try asking someone if they think we're all living in a simulation; it's a great way of getting to the fundamental questions without coming off as sanctimoniously pious. 

Edited by Don'tMakeA١٠١س
  • Veteran Member

@Lebanese313

@7ssein

Image result for ali al akbar birthday

Ali Akbar (عليه السلام) took after the Prophet ((صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)) in chivalry, magnamity and mercy

April 16, 2019/in Featured, Shia Studies /

SHAFAQNA-

Who is the symbol of dedicated young men in Karbala? Ali Akbar the son of Imam Hussain (as): he who was a distinguished and exemplary young man among the youth of Bani Hashim. A young man who enjoyed both outward and inward beauties. He was a young man who was aware of Imam Hussain’s right to the Imamate and Wilayah and coupled it with courage, dedication and readiness to camp the enemy’s atrocities by using his power, liveliness and youthfulness to achieve his lofty goal and ideal. This is very valuable. This outstanding and distinguished young man went on to fight the enemy in the battlefield, in front of his father and the women in the camps who were worried about his wellbeing, and his corpse was brought back to the camp while soaked in blood. Such a loss and the grief is not a trivial thing; but, this move made by him to go into the battlefield and get ready to fight the enemy is the embodiment of glory, nobility, and a source of honour and pride for Muslims. This is why God says: “All Glory belongs to God, His Messenger and the believers.” Hussain Ibn Ali (عليه السلام) also displayed spiritual glory when he sent his young son into the battlefield. This means he firmly protected the flag of Islam’s glory and rule—which signifies the border between Islamic Imamate and the reign of the infidels—even if it costs the life of his beloved young son.

During his childhood, Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) was loved by the Prophet (sawa) and he loved him back, excessively. The Imam (عليه السلام) was about seven years old when the Prophet passed away. The image of the Prophet (sawa) remained in the psyche of Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) as an everlasting memory; his love for the Prophet dwelled in his heart. Then God bestowed the child Ali Akbar (عليه السلام) upon Imam Hussain (عليه السلام).

When the child grows up and becomes a teenager Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) realizes his son’s face is exactly like that of the Prophet’s (sawa). The face that he held so dearly was now reflected in this youth, so similar to his grandfather. And when he spoke, his voice resembled that of the Prophet (sawa). Moreover, his manners resembled the Prophet’s (sawa); he was equally gallant, magnificent and noble.

Imam Hussain (عليه السلام) said, “Whenever we missed the Prophet, we would look at this young man.” In his youth Ali Akbar (عليه السلام) chose the battlefield and conducted so courageously when he routed a large number of enemies.

https://en.shafaqna.com/91813/Ali-Akbar-as-took-after-the-Prophet-(صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم)-in-chivalry-magnamity-and-mercy/

What did Ali Akbar say to his father Husayn [A]? | Shaykh Amin Rastani The path of Imam Husayn was a continuation of the path of the Holy Prophet and the Prophets of the past. The great personalities of the past have brought the message this far. They did their job. Now we must do ours and carry this message forward...

• Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
24 minutes ago, Bakir said:

Not to mention, now that people seem to care more about old buildings' roofs than human lives, the fire on Al Aqsa mosque.

Salam some Christian channel are referring burning of Norte dame as a prophecy for second coming of Jesus (Prophet Isa (as)) but under influence of Zionists & evangelicals they see Al Aqsa mosque as reign of Anti Christ that this mosque must be destroyed & then they will build Third Temple in it’s place 

• Veteran Member

Approximately one billion euros have been donated to the reconstruction of this building. Real world problems and humanitarian crisis could receive some of this generous attention instead of constantly getting ignored or, what is even worse, condemned (such as the refugee crisis and racism in Europe and in this whole miserable world).

I can't care less about buildings, honestly. I even find it ridiculous so much sofistication in religious buildings, and this also includes ours. I never enjoyed nor approved all this money thrown on Imams' shrines, when there is people (families, kids) dying out of hunger and lack of medicines in the streets, piles of garbage accumulating that brings even more diseases, lack of palm trees to avoid the effects of sandstorms, universities that stopped their construction because of lack of money, etc. It's ashaming, but probably a good business for some.

Edited by Bakir
7 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

Don't be so isolated from the world, and always be in your own head. Talk to people, smile, be it even with strangers. You never know how you'll make someone's day.

I think it is difficult for people to think like you do because they are conditioned by the media and popular culture to think this way. They become wary of others on a humanistic level.

I agree we all need to get back to basics by connecting with eavh other through compassion and empath.

Technology is also a negative factor that people use to communicate with others on cyperspace, which is a replicated world in its own right, although not a complete natural one as we don't use all our senses to connect or communicate with others on a natural level. It doesn't help us to main optimum health. Although technology has its advantages but not so much on the level of social and personal development.

May Allah subhana wa tala hasten the appearance of our Imam (peace be upon him) inshallah 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Nevsevug said:

I take zoloft, multivitamins, iron, sleep fine and eat well but I’m extremely tired and unfocused all day long. :sorry:

Ask your doctor if he can switch you to escitalopram. 

• Advanced Member
29 minutes ago, InTrouble said:

Is it possible for a Shia girl to fall in love with a Sunni guy and get married and have cute babies? 

If she is strong on her religion, she wouldn’t fall in love with anyone but her future husband. As for the marriage, it’s makrooh (for example, by Ayatollah Sistani’s fatwa) for the Shia women to marry Sunni men for multiple reasons based upon the sharia law. 

• Veteran Member

I think that the world is divided into 2 groups. On one side there are nice women protected by mean men. On the other side, there are nice men protected by mean women. If you are a nice person, it's best to choose the side with bullies of opposite gender. Because bullies can be a blood sucking vampire to their own gender, but they always make an effort to be nice to the opposite gender. If you can get concession from a bully because of your gender, that's great. But the problem is you have to get married to a bully and that's when their gloves come off and bullies show their real faces after marriage. I don't want to deal with women bullies but I don't want to marry a man bully. Why cannot nice men and women form a separate group? A group in which no bullies are allowed. It may be hard for them to fight but I am sure nice people are much more in number than bullies and if they get together, they can defeat the bullies. 

Edited by rkazmi33
19 hours ago, ali_fatheroforphans said:

e6f5b9f268e87103f26bc2372c3098fa_718.jpg

Trump announced number of killed people 138 million 

Ahlul Bayt News Agency (ABNA): At least 156 people, including 35 foreigners, are reported to have been killed and hundreds more injured in a string of blasts that ripped through high-end hotels and churches holding Easter services in Sri Lanka on Sunday.

ا��جار�ا� �رگبار در سر��ا�کا

http://en.abna24.com/news//photos-deadly-explosions-in-sri-lankan-churches-hotels_937795.html

Iranian FM urges global action against terrorism after Sri Lanka bombings

http://en.abna24.com/news//iranian-fm-urges-global-action-against-terrorism-after-sri-lanka-bombings_937789.html

April 21, 2019 - 4:35 PM News Code : 937789 Source : TasnimLink: 

Iranian FM urges global action against terrorism after Sri Lanka bombings

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif denounced Sunday’s terrorist attacks on churches and hotels in Sri Lanka, urging global action to counter the menace of terrorism. 

In a post on his Twitter account after eight deadly explosions in the South Asian island nation, Zarif said, “Terribly saddened by terrorist attacks on Sri Lankan worshippers during Easter. Condolences to friendly govt & people of Sri Lanka. Our thoughts & prayers with the victims & their families.” 

“Terrorism is a global menace with no religion: it must be condemned & confronted globally,” the Iranian minister added. 

Edited by Ashvazdanghe