Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Thoughts 2019

Rate this topic

• Forum Administrators
10 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Salam,

I'm already a popular member here, just testing this new feature. Do you reckon Guests should be able to comment on forums? Wouldn't this increase the chance of trolls who would spam. I personally think we should stick to a rule where you have to make a certain amount of posts before you can start contributing.  

This is an experiment to increase site participation. We’re trying to reduce barriers to entry. People may want to make a quick comment but not be interested in registering.

All Guest posts must be mod approved, so you won’t see spam.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you to all for your duas, my cousin passed away after a long illness. 

Please everyone, if you can, make some duas for my mother-in-law. The doctors have never figured out what has been making her ill for months, but she wants to have the machines removed, and without th

Not off to a good start here. New years day I spoke to my son. He's in hospital, terminal cancer, won't make his 38th birthday. Flying across the country, will see him Friday. They are keeping him unt

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Wouldn't this increase the chance of trolls who would spam.

3 minutes ago, Reza said:

This is an experiment to increase site participation.

All Guest posts must be mod approved, so you won’t see spam.

That is what I thought as well. I was going to say the admin and moderators will probably assess the situation. If it gets out of hand then they would probably deal with it accordingly but since all the posts by guests will be approved by the moderators first, there is nothing to worry about. 

@Nevsevug

Plastic surgery is also used to improve things such as to correct disfigurements or for medical reasons such as helping people breath better.

So in my opinion I don't think it would be haram if earnings are obtained from such halal assignments, unlike haram assignments such as changing a natural appearance when there is nothing wrong with it. 

I think we should also consider where money which is invested in certain industries comes from.

An example is the western film industry, where I heard a lot of money comes from haram sections of the industry. So I would be cautious.

Although I don't know what the marjas ruling would be. 

Edited by Murtaza1
  • Forum Administrators
11 hours ago, Nevsevug said:

What kind of occupations wouldn’t be halal or are on the halal-haram line? For ex a dermatologist? I know there’s a lot of plastic surgery with men and women involved, so?

Dermatology and plastic surgery are different fields, and both essential in addressing ailments. Are you making judgments based on actual fiqh readings, or just making assumptions based on prejudice?

Guest تیرا تصور

سَکُوت لہجہ ، اَدُھوری آنکھیں ، جَمود سوچِیں تِیرا تَصّور ۔۔۔
اَلفاظ بِکھرے ، مِزاج مَدھّم ، ناراض مَوجِیں تِیرا تَصّور ۔۔۔

عَذاب لَمحے ، خِراج آھیں ، بَرات خوشیاں ، جِہات بَرہم ۔۔۔
تَمّنا رُخصَت ، دَفن اُمیدیں ، بـے رَنگ سَوچِیں تِیرا تَصّور ۔۔۔

جَوان رَنجِش و دَرد تازہ ، اُدھار سانسِیں ، جُھلستا آنگن ۔۔۔
وِیران دَامن ، اُجاڑ پہلو ، وُہ تِیری کَھوجِیں تِیرا تَصّور ۔۔۔

سَوال عادت ، جَواب حِکمت ، عِلاج دَرشن ، مریض عُجلت ۔۔۔
جَمال مَقّصُود ، حسن مَفقُود ، نِگاھیں پُوچھیں تِیرا تَصّور ۔۔۔

اَنجان راھیں ، فَریب بانہیں ، نَقاب چِہرے ، سَرد نِگاھیں ۔۔۔
ہَمدرد بارش ، ھے دِلکی خواھش ، پلٹ کے لَوٹے تِیرا تصور ۔۔۔

اَصنام پَتھر ، قُلوب پَتھر ، اَنّائیں پَتھر ، اِنسان پَتھر ۔۔۔
سَکُون دِلبر ، نرم کلامی ، گَداز سوچِیں تِیرا تَصّور ۔۔۔

زوال دُوری ، کمال جِینا ، مُحال سہنا ، وَبال کہنا ۔۔۔
وُہ تلخ لمحے ، زہر لہو میں تریاق چاھیں تِیرا تَصّور ۔۔۔

• Advanced Member
On 4/1/2019 at 5:56 AM, Reza said:

Dermatology and plastic surgery are different fields, and both essential in addressing ailments. Are you making judgments based on actual fiqh readings, or just making assumptions based on prejudice?

No lol I’m not making any assumptions nor do I have any prejudice. I’m just thinking if there are occupations that could lead to doing haram, which I’d want to stay away from. I don’t want to fall into the money making game because I can’t be sure I’ll always be careful or even know about what’s haram and halal. I think I used the wrong example though. I was thinking if I did plastic surgery with the goal of helping people like acid attack victims etc, but what if to keep afloat id have to do other stuff as well?

On 3/31/2019 at 8:06 PM, Murtaza1 said:

@Nevsevug

An example is the western film industry, where I heard a lot of money comes from haram sections of the industry. So I would be cautious.

I’m not sure what you mean by this? Like would doing plastic surgery for the kardashians be bad lol

On 4/1/2019 at 6:05 AM, Sumerian said:

There is nothing wrong or haram with cosmetic surgery even if you just want to do it for no reason or you want to make yourself more beautiful. 

Is it okay to perform on a male? Also are things like tanning/Whitening procedures halal as well?

1 hour ago, Nevsevug said:

I’m not sure what you mean by this? Like would doing plastic surgery for the kardashians be bad lol

I don’t know what kardashian is because I don’t watch or read the news. By haram section of the film industry I mean money invested into Hollywood movies from the adult movie industry. Somebody once told me this as I used to work in the non-adult normal sector of the film and television industry for many years and spent a lot of times on film sets. I stopped doing that job in 2016.

Hence my dp is a screenshot of a recently released Hollywood movie that was filmed in 2014. I am the guy in the background in yellow shirt. If you use a computer or laptop and go to my profile and click on the bigger pic it will open up into a larger screenshot. 

Edited by Murtaza1
  • Moderators
50 minutes ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

3 blocks on Twitter so far, wonder how many I'll reach lol.

Are you blocking or being blocked? And why? 

I enjoy Twitter - I follow interesting and exciting people and live vicariously through their tweets. 

11 minutes ago, notme said:

Are you blocking or being blocked? And why? 

I enjoy Twitter - I follow interesting and exciting people and live vicariously through their tweets. 

I'm being blocked for calling people out. I'm following a few people and all I'm seeing are these so called Muslims using extreme profanity and such, yet they have the audacity to put shiat Ali and 313 on their front page.

Edited by laithAlIRAQI
  • Moderators
1 minute ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

I'm being blocked for calling people out, I'm following a few people and all I'm seeing are these so called Muslims using profanity and putting "shiat Ali" on their front page. 

I may retweet profanity... :(

Sorry.

But I don't advertise myself as a Shia role model either. I am nice and well intentioned, but have a long way to go before I'd be confident to brag about it. 

12 minutes ago, notme said:

Sorry.

But I don't advertise myself as a Shia role model either. I am nice and well intentioned, but have a long way to go before I'd be confident to brag about it. 

Well everyone has used profanity and I'm not going to lie and say I don't use profanity.  But continuously using such disgusting language in most of your posts and having the audacity to put shiat Ali just makes me mad. If you're going to put shiat Ali on your front page, you better represent. 

Edited by laithAlIRAQI
  • Development Team
1 hour ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

I realized that Its been years since  ive had anyone ask me if I want to hang out. So much for so called friends.

I'd hang out with you, insha'Allah.

5 hours ago, laithAlIRAQI said:

I'm being blocked for calling people out. I'm following a few people and all I'm seeing are these so called Muslims using extreme profanity and such, yet they have the audacity to put shiat Ali and 313 on their front page.

That shows your their character, just because somebody says they are Shia, does not make them a representative of the madhab or good. At least I don't claim to be "God's gift to the Ummah." or superior to others just because I claim to be Shi'I.

Edited by Gaius I. Caesar
  • Advanced Member (With Brothers Forum Membership)
On 3/30/2019 at 8:24 PM, Guest Guest said:

Salam,

I'm already a popular member here, just testing this new feature. Do you reckon Guests should be able to comment on forums? Wouldn't this increase the chance of trolls who would spam. I personally think we should stick to a rule where you have to make a certain amount of posts before you can start contributing.  

Hey @ali_fatheroforphans how's it going?

• Veteran Member

@laithAlIRAQI

@habib e najjaar

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum brothers.

Whatever you are going through, it will pass.  We all go through difficulty.  You are not alone.

One of the quickest types of du32s to be answered is through our mothers.  

God give her a long life, go to her and ask her to make du32 for you especially after salat.

Hearing the words, Allah yarda3 3leeq, is priceless.  Do something for her to make her smile or happy.

All Images

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

On 4/1/2019 at 7:37 AM, notme said:

Sorry.

That’s what makes you an amazing person, imo. The problem is when people start to think they are Shia role models and it can get to their heads. It’s better to be humble, and in my opinion, better to have flaws because then at least it won’t make you (anyone, really) arrogant. 

• Advanced Member
6 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

better to have flaws because then at least it won’t make you (anyone, really) arrogant. 

I think its impossible not to have flaws if your not infallible, I think some people are simply not aware of their flaws, not fully atleast and thats what makes them arrogant.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Islandsandmirrors said:

It’s better to be humble, and in my opinion, better to have flaws because then at least it won’t make you (anyone, really) arrogant. 

Or the arrogance is the major flaw. Flawless and arrogant are incompatible. In my experience, most arrogant people are also lacking in compassion. Possibly not all, but all that I've known have been. 

Guest Do not discuss that
27 minutes ago, Sumerian said:

Thoughts on Brunei?

It is best for Shias in the west, or Shias online to perform Taqqiyah concerning this matter. No good can be gained from discussing it. There are some unpopular topics that are probably Haq that will get a mob to attack you, and sometimes there is a good reason to raise the issue. There are some however, which will serve to only weaken the religion. 

• Moderators

I wonder if the same will happen with humans.

Sand temperatures there had increased so much, she and a team of scientists reported last year, that female baby turtles now outnumber males 116 to 1.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/04/sea-turtle-sex-ratio-crisis-from-climate-change-has-hope/