Laayla

Maintaining Modesty w/ Current Tech

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

When you get your driver's license or passport, there are records for your fingerprints.

Did Snowden mention anything about the government taking an eye scan without permission by smartphones?

I do realize there is facial recognition technology available and they also have a recording of our voices.  

So in this day and age I don't think there really is any type of privacy, unless you are totally off the grid and live in a remote area without Internet access, like Amazon, African villages, places where there is no running water.

Even if you don't have social media, intelligence can still get information by listening in the privacy of your own home.

This of course bothers me as a Muslimah because I beleive the home is a sanctity and no foreign men has the right to listen to what happens in the bedroom or see me without hijab while on Skype for example.

Have our marja3s updated the use of technology with new fatwas?  For example, is it permissible to go on any live video without hijab on knowing the government can intercept and watch you.

Precaution measures 

Married couples having conjugal rights in the bedroom, cell phones being placed in another room.

Do not take naked pictures of yourself on any phone. Even your personal phone.

Maintaining modest, appropriate language over audio recordings that is not undignified.

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

Sis, I cover all cameras on the computers, cell phones etc. I only uncover them when i use them. I have western friends who do the same coz they also realize what is going on.

I also leave the electric cords to TV etc without electricity unless I'm using them. 

I know you can't get away from this completely but you can try to decrease it at least. 

In Iraq they scan our faces/eyes at the airport.

As to marriage...keep all electric devices out of your bedroom. 

وَعَلَيْكُمْ السَّلاَمُ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَاتُهُ 

@Laayla

Hope you are fine إِنْ شَاء َ اللَّه 

Very crucial and an educational post you have shared.

It is an important read indeed.

And to add for iPhone users 'Do not keep your any type of hijabless pictures even if your 'sync to icloud' function is turned off for 'Photos'.

And for iPhone + Android users, Apps always have the permission to 'camera' so beware.

Public Bathrooms like Beach Bathrooms and changing rooms in mall may have spycam installed so be careful.

@shia farm girl @Islandsandmirrors

@Salsabeel @ali_fatheroforphans @skyweb1987 @Ruqaya101 @AStruggler @Ralvi @3wliya_maryam @Husayni @sarah khadem @ShiaMan14 @Ashvazdanghe @Ali-F @Hameedeh

It's really sad the negatives that technology has imposed upon us,

merely keeping your laptop open on google while having a real-life conversation will drastically alter the ads that show up on websites to match the conversation you just had!

and then there is this,

I cover cameras, so I'm not worried about that, but several times I've had conversations with family members, then gone to the internet and all the ads are related to the conversation content. I'm more concerned about private corporations than about government agencies. 

6 hours ago, Shaykhmuhsin said:

What is this incognito mode guys....

when you go to incognito mode the password & history will not store in your device but it's not totally safe but it is good when you use a shared device like office pc that when you close browser other persons  can't use your password & history. 

7 hours ago, Ralvi said:

Yeah my laptop has tape over the camera, and I have disabled Siri but they really do track everything you do

we ain’t safe...at all

Don't be upset about safety though because all the true lovers of Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww) have their master(asws) the imam(asws) of our time as their guardian.

2 minutes ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

Don't be upset about safety though because all the true lovers of Aal(asws) e Mohammad(saww) have their master(asws) the imam(asws) of our time as their guardian.

but we most do precaution acts such as much as possible for us recite Dua Jawshan Saghir & other duas that recommended for our safety from Jinns & unseen creatures 

we must do the basic actions & beside that at least recite 100 time in day 

There is no power nor strength with (anyone) save Allah.

LAA H'AWLA WA LAA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAAH

enemy135.gif   

http://www.duas.org/enemy.htm

33 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

we must do the basic actions & beside that at least recite 100 time in day 

LAA H'AWLA WA LAA QUWWATA ILLA BILLAAH

enemy135.gif   

http://www.duas.org/enemy.htm

Thank you for the reminder.

On 12/31/2018 at 4:10 PM, Shaykhmuhsin said:

What is this incognito mode guys....

Scrap chrome altogether, that's google. Google track ALL of your data. Switch to something like brave or waterfox and install plugins that block any google/facebook etc scripts. 

Also, if you have money buy a mail account from a trusted private site that isn't google or yahoo etc

As for incognito mode (again, google), it only hides stuff from your browsing history. Nothing else.

Basically with current technology, avoid putting your identity anywhere that isn't compulsory and avoid sites that capitalize off your data (like facebook, google, amazon etc).

I've no interest in 'social media' myself though and most of my computer time is used in relation to intellectual stuff rather than entertainment. 

Edited by HakimPtsid

3 hours ago, Shaykhmuhsin said:

hey anyone using tor browser........

Salam no browser is totally safe we must act with caution with all of these browsers & applications.

Millennial Who Sold Kidney For an iPhone 4 is Now Bedridden

You can never argue the fact that iPhones are one of the most coveted pieces of technology and the problem is that they are expensive.

Apple devices have traditionally not been cheap and some countries are lucky where they can pay for these devices on 2 year contracts for example. However in most countries, you have to pony up the full amount upfront and it is not cheap.

Back in 2010, Apple announced the iPhone 4 which was a radical design shift from the iPhone 3G and 3GS. It also introduced the glass-metal sandwich design and you’d understand why people loved this thing. It was also expensive, the 16GB model was $649 unlocked and the 32GB was $749 unlocked.

This was also the time we started seeing reports of people using unusual means to get the money to pay for this devices.

A popular story was about this teen who sold his kidney to buy an iPhone back in 2012. The teen at the time known by his surname Wang, received $3,500 for his kidney and it resulted in him buying an iPhone and an iPad. It was reported at that his decision to sell his kidney did not go well since he was suffering from renal issues.

Well that story did not go well since now Xiao Wang as he is now identified is apparently permanently disabled.

This is Xiao Wang
The teenager who sold his kidney to buy an iPhone 4 seven years ago.
He's now permanently disabled
Lesson: Materialistics come and go, you got one life to live

We pray for him tho 

He is not the only person who has been reported selling his body organ for a device. This is apparently rampant in China and even in 2015, some people were reported to be selling their kidneys to buy the iPhone 6S. Devices like smartphones become obsolete really quickly and it is not worth the trouble to sell your own body organ for something that will become obsolete in 2 years.

https://techweez.com/2019/01/01/millennial-who-sold-kidney-for-an-iphone-4-is-now-bedridden/

^^ That's insanity, plain and simple. His family and friends should have prevented him from such a transaction. Clearly his mental state was not stable enough to protect himself. 

Bismehe Ta3ala 

Assalam Alikum 

I am well aware and precisely know what I'm saying when I tell a 14 year old girl to break her phone.  

People are only concerned of physical problems, but don't realize the magnitude and dangers of spiritual diseases as well.

God keep us steadfast in our religion, behaq Mohammad wa ahli Mohammad.

M3 Salamah, Fe Amin Allah 

Sin acclimation is a notion all Muslims are troubled by, though perhaps subconsciously. By every sin we commit we not only distance ourselves from The source of peace, blessings, and tranquillity, but we also desensitize ourselves to disobeying God. Disobeying God isn’t a “big deal” anymore and one’s personal demarcations of acceptable behavior are nudged away little by little as one sins without any cognitive guilt. These could be sins which we consider insignificant or sins we have come to commit habitually as a result of having given up attempting to resist them. In either case, there exists a form of cognitive rationalization that permits one to commit these sins. We must all be wary of the small sins we consider light and insignificant, for it is those “small” sins that pave the way towards much greater sins.

The safest road to greater sins, and ultimately disbelief, is the gradual one – the gentle slope, the soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts [1]. Though the effects of “smaller” sins aren’t transiently detectable, you’ll one day realize upon casual reflection that you’re committing an action you wouldn’t have committed years ago. However, at this point, the damage has been dealt with and your demarcations of boundaries have been shifted. This process is a gradual one that ends with disbelief and the indifference to abandoning a religion that instructs you to dissociate from a lifestyle that you’ve grown an attachment to.

For brothers, be careful of the slightest of impermissible glances, for that paves way to turning into a stare, to a watching of an impermissible video, and ultimately to engaging in an impermissible sexual act. If the inevitable consequence of an impermissible glance is the loosening of the reigns one has on their sexual desires, then one can deduce what path it paves the way towards. Although an impermissible glance will most likely not directly lead a brother to fornication or impermissible sexual activity, it will slowly desensitize him to acts that will.

For sisters, be careful of the slightest indifference you may feel towards preserving your modesty, for it starts with putting on just a tad bit more makeup, to wearing tighter clothes, to nudging your hijab a little further back, to revealing a little more hair, to wearing revealing clothing, to eventually taking off the hijab. If the inevitable consequence of makeup is increasing one’s attachment towards self-beautification, then you can deduce what path it paves the way towards. Although an attachment to makeup will most likely not directly lead to a sister taking her hijab off the next morning, it will slowly desensitize her to acts that will.

Sure, a single glance isn’t going to make you commit zina; sure, and intentionally showing your wrists or a strand of hair isn’t going to make you take off your hijab, but what do all these actions have in common? A common denominator of desensitizing one to rationalizing sins and alleviating one’s cognitive dissonance is by loosening one’s commitment to religious injunctions instead of abandoning sinful habits. We ought to not take heed of greater sins whilst being indifferent to the dominoes of “smaller” sins that lead to them. If religiosity is attained through a series of God-conscious deeds, it is also lost through a series of sinful actions. It is the smallest sins which pave the way to greater sins. Belief in God isn’t lost overnight, but rather, over a journey consisting of bad decisions, bad friends, bad environments, and heedlessness.

[1] C.S. Lewis states this regarding the road to disbelief in his The Screwtape Letters, but it’s just as applicable to “the road to greater sins.”

https://themuslimvibe.com/faith-islam/the-dangers-around-the-acclimation-of-sins