Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Mohamed1993

Build up to 2020

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Laayla said:

What has Modi done towards Muslims in India?  Please explain, I don't know what is happening there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2018/12/06/modis-India-is-living-nightmare-Muslims/?utm_term=.e6e2a9deee5d

India is quickly becoming a living nightmare for Muslims. Modi is the Indian version of Trump. Same mindset, same agenda. Hindu nationalism is becoming extremely problematic for Muslims in India.

Tulsi Gabbard recently co-sponsored a Slavery Reparations bill (HR 40)

By doing that, she eliminated herself from any chance of winning the general election. 76% of Americans are strongly opposed to monetary reparations for slavery, especially if it means special taxes on white people. Even Bernie Sanders came out a few years ago and said it was a terrible idea that was divisive (now he too supports it).

She is now getting like 1-2% in the polls. As I mentioned earlier, if she maintained a moderate foreign policy, she had a chance. Instead, she went radical left.

Of all the Democrats, Yang probably impresses me the most. I disagree with him on a number of issues, but he is intelligent and honest, and doesn't practice identity politics.

22 minutes ago, Silas said:

Tulsi Gabbard recently co-sponsored a Slavery Reparations bill (HR 40)

By doing that, she eliminated herself from any chance of winning the general election. 76% of Americans are strongly opposed to monetary reparations for slavery, especially if it means special taxes on white people. Even Bernie Sanders came out a few years ago and said it was a terrible idea that was divisive (now he too supports it).

She is now getting like 1-2% in the polls. As I mentioned earlier, if she maintained a moderate foreign policy, she had a chance. Instead, she went radical left.

Of all the Democrats, Yang probably impresses me the most. I disagree with him on a number of issues, but he is intelligent and honest, and doesn't practice identity politics.

Biden or Sanders will get the nomination. If Biden wins the primary, the Dems will lose again. 

14 minutes ago, Mohamed1993 said:

Biden or Sanders will get the nomination. If Biden wins the primary, the Dems will lose again. 

Many people who usually vote Republican would vote for Biden. 

On 5/2/2019 at 3:39 PM, notme said:

Many people who usually vote Republican would vote for Biden. 

Biden will be 78 years old just after election night. If he is even in good enough physical condition to remain in the race, I don't see Americans putting a guy that old into the Whitehouse.

Likewise, Sanders will be 79

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

Biden will be 78 years old just after election night. If he is even in good enough physical condition to remain in the race, I don't see Americans putting a guy that old into the Whitehouse.

Likewise, Sanders will be 79

Not that much older than Trump.... 

I like Sanders in spite of some problems, but he needs to start setting up his ideological successor. I'm liking Warren more and more as time goes on, but "the general public" (I.e. the media) hates her so she doesn't have a chance. 

I'm not wild about any other Democratic potential candidate, but I don't hate them either. 

I have very little confidence in primary elections. The Party will designate its candidate, regardless of the opinion of the voters. 

What did you all think of the first round of debates? I think Harris came out very strong as she completely clobbered Biden on the segregation issue, Bernie and Biden were poor. Biden is too arrogant to admit his faults in the past, he tried to justify his pro-segregation stance and Bernie doesn't answer questions about how he plans to get things implemented, he keeps talking about taking on corporate power, which is fine, but you need to be able to explain why your healthcare plan is better than a public buy in option. Warren was okay. I think I'm going to narrow it down to these 4 candidates; Biden, Bernie, Warren and Harris. 

On 5/8/2019 at 10:51 AM, notme said:

Not that much older than Trump.... 

I like Sanders in spite of some problems, but he needs to start setting up his ideological successor. I'm liking Warren more and more as time goes on, but "the general public" (I.e. the media) hates her so she doesn't have a chance. 

I'm not wild about any other Democratic potential candidate, but I don't hate them either. 

I have very little confidence in primary elections. The Party will designate its candidate, regardless of the opinion of the voters. 

Warren is actually being discussed more and more on mainstream media in a positive light, I'm wondering if that's because she's viewed as the candidate to stop Bernie, because she's shown in the past that she's not always consistent and knuckles under to powerful interest groups.