Rate this topic

I think one still can perform hajj who has true/pure intention for it, irrespective of who is the host or who is guarding baytullah & providing drinks etc to the pilgrims. 

Surah At-Taubah, Verse 19:

أَجَعَلْتُمْ سِقَايَةَ الْحَاجِّ وَعِمَارَةَ الْمَسْجِدِ الْحَرَامِ كَمَنْ آمَنَ بِاللَّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الْآخِرِ وَجَاهَدَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ لَا يَسْتَوُونَ عِندَ اللَّهِ وَاللَّهُ لَا يَهْدِي الْقَوْمَ الظَّالِمِينَ

What! do you make (one who undertakes) the giving of drink to the pilgrims and the guarding of the Sacred Mosque like him who believes in Allah and the latter day and strives hard in Allah's way? They are not equal with Allah; and Allah does not guide the unjust people. (English - Shakir) 

1 hour ago, Abu Nur said:

Salaam Aleikum,

Are we even allowed to perform Hajj in our modern era where Saudi Arabia have taken control over it?

Yes of course. Our Imams did hajj under worse or just as bad rulers.

It is extremely important that we do hajj as soon as we can, we never know when our time of death is and dying without having done hajj, even when it became wajib, is extremely bad and has consequences.

Besides, hajj is an amazing experience, imagine standing in front of the house of Allahسُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى and praying, all those pious people who have been there, the infallible imams(as), all the prophets(as), all the events that transpired there, touch the corner of the Kaaba where the mother of Imam Ali(as) entered. The Prophets(S) masjid in Medina, the house of Imam Ali(as) and seyyeda Fatima(as). Jannatul Baqi, doing ziyara for the Imams(as) and the holy Prophet(as). The hajj rituals can really reform you and make you that much better of a muslim which will not only benefit yourself but also mankind and society as a whole.

Maybe you will go and see our Imam(ajf) among the crowd?

Iran's Jahangiri:

Hajj opportunity to promote friendly relations with neighboring countries

http://en.abna24.com/news//Hajj-opportunity-to-promote-friendly-relations-with-neighboring-countries_925675.html

January 20, 2019 - 7:51 PM News Code : 925675 Source : FNALink: 
Hajj opportunity to promote friendly relations with neighboring countries

First Vice-President Eshaq Jahangiri said that Iran is after friendly relations with all neighboring countries, highlighting that Hajj pilgrimage is an opportunity for increasing person-to-person interactions to promote ties with other countries. 

Speaking during the meeting of High Council of Hajj and Pilgrimage, Jahangiri said that Hajj pilgrimage plays a key role in upgrading relations among Islamic nations. 

Underlining the significance of Hajj in elevating the spirituality of the society, the vice president said that further efforts need to be made to facilitate observation of such spiritual rituals. 

As cultural and religious diplomacy, Hajj can play a constructive role in enhancement of relations among Islamic countries, he said. 

Iran has always called for more interaction with its neighboring countries, in a bid to further bolster regional stability and security based on friendly ties with all countries of the region. 

Earlier on January 15, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani hailed the level of relations between Iran and its neighbors which are "at their best," and even confirmed Tehran’s preparedness to resolve certain standing issues with "one or two" neighboring countries. 

On 12/26/2018 at 2:09 AM, Abu Nur said:

Salaam Aleikum,

Are we even allowed to perform Hajj in our modern era where Saudi Arabia have taken control over it?

Walaikum a Salam, 

I don’t know anything abour whatever Saudi Arabia is doing because I don't watch or read the news but one Arabic woman in London told us Saudi Arabia experiences a lot of traffic noise issues because of the many pilgrimages that visit from all around the world. I was surprised that this was a big issue and the actual ritual didn't seem to have much value to them. I guess its their hometown. I may think similar if it was my home town too. 

Edited by Murtaza1