Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

EVERY banner (flag?)

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam alaykum

The brother sumerian from this post said:

From Abī Baṣīr from Abī `Abd Allāh (عليه السلام) said: “Every standard (banner) that is raised before the rising of al-Qā’im (عليه السلام), then its owner is a tāghūt being worshipped apart from Allāh  

Source: al-Kulayni, al-Kaafi, vol. 8, pg. 295, hadeeth # 452

Gradings:

al-Majlisi said this hadeeth is Muwaththaq (Reliable)

--> Mir'aat al-`Uqool, vol. 26, pg. 325

al-Bahboodi said this hadeeth is SaHeeH

--> SaHeeH al-Kaafi, vol. 3, pg. 402

al-Muntadhari said this hadeeth is SaHeeH

--> Diraasaat fee Wilaayah al-Faqeeh, vol. 1, pg. 237

NOW my question is:

"“Every standard (banner) that is raised before..."

When i wave a german flag or turkish flag isn it developed from military banner?
i mean our modern day flags represent countries for which you are forced to fight in worst case from national law of them.

and the history of nearly all modern flags comes from old war banners. and in war our flags are always used as military banners on our uniform.

so is it haram to wave a national flag. hadiths says kulu rayatin as i can read it ... EVERY BANNER RAISED -> you are taghut than

for me sounds to risky to wave american, german or turkish flag etc... or am i totally gettin it wrong??

PLEASE explain me :)

Edited by Haji 2003

• Advanced Member

I just want to make sure I don't get credit for the research or the translation here. It was by @Nader Zaveri.

Secondly, most people have interpreted this to mean that any uprising, or revolution, then its owner is a taghut. It isn't normally understood as just about waving a flag.

1 hour ago, Sumerian said:

I just want to make sure I don't get credit for the research or the translation here. It was by @Nader Zaveri.

Secondly, most people have interpreted this to mean that any uprising, or revolution, then its owner is a taghut. It isn't normally understood as just about waving a flag.

So people in general are not supposedto revolt against a corrupt leader ?

• Advanced Member

I am very proud of my Country But i don’t want to be judged as taghut

because i Understand that a flag is something which Stands for specific country

and Imam wants to unite us as one nation and he Alone is right to rule world

and Not our politicans. I know at the end we will be like one  Nation when he Comes and we should prepare for him

so i Wonder myself if beeing proud of so Many different Countries with different rules (represented through flags)

is this the goal of Imam ?

is the goal of Preparing for one worldruler (Imam) to propagate difference in countries though he should rule alone?

The hadiths seems very clear to me But actually i just want to Wear a Jacket with my Nations flag

and to Love my People i think is no Crime 

im actually very confused about this matter 

Edited by GermanShia

• Advanced Member
On 12/24/2018 at 2:53 AM, GermanShia said:

so is it haram to wave a national flag. hadiths says kulu rayatin as i can read it ... EVERY BANNER RAISED -> you are taghut than

for me sounds to risky to wave american, german or turkish flag etc... or am i totally gettin it wrong??

PLEASE explain me :)

hi/Salam waving a national flag like as american, german or turkish flag etc...  is not Haram  , many people come to Arbaen walking with their national flag even flags that have cross on them 

the objection about raising flag is about following a tyrant that imam Sadiq (as) said when Abbasyds raise their flag against Ummayids & invited him & shias to be with them but Imam knew their real intention & rejects their invite & forbids joining to them for shias about other raising flag like as Zayd (ra) he knew that people around him will betray him at the end & just warned him about raising flag like as Iran revolution we see that Iran revolution faced many problems from inside & outside but because it wasn't haram lasted until now & inshaAllah results to reappearance of Imam Mahdi (aj) also there is many hadiths about uprising people from Iran (Qom & Khorasan) in hadiths that in one of them name of "Ruhallah" comes that Iranians will gather around it or him that many shia scholars it refers to name of Imam Khomeini (ra)

• Advanced Member

Deep explanation, barkAllah my dear Brother und 

I really can follow you and now my confused thoughts are in order :)

Bi haqqi Ali Brother i Could Kiss you for explaning so well

The matter was very Important for my Heart and i wish Allah grants you Palaces in jannah as you wish <3