Jump to content

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Salam, 

قَالَ اهْبِطُوا بَعْضُكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ ۖ وَلَكُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ مُسْتَقَرٌّ وَمَتَاعٌ إِلَىٰ حِينٍ 

Who is God addressing in this verse? Just Adam? Adam and Eve? Adam, Eve, and Iblis? Adam, Eve, Iblis, and others? 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Salam, 

قَالَ اهْبِطُوا بَعْضُكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ ۖ وَلَكُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ مُسْتَقَرٌّ وَمَتَاعٌ إِلَىٰ حِينٍ 

Who is God addressing in this verse? Just Adam? Adam and Eve? Adam, Eve, and Iblis? Adam, Eve, Iblis, and others? 

Thanks!

7:20 Thereupon Satan whispered suspicions to them to make them aware of their ego and corporeality... He said, “The reason your Rabb forbids you 
from this tree (experiencing your corporeality) is so you do not become two 
angels (in the realm of forces) and live eternally!”
21. “And he swore to them, ‘Indeed, I am from among the advisors’.”
22. Thus he deceived them (by imposing deluding thoughts, making them 
think they are the physical body; drawing their attention to their corporeality). And when they tasted (from) that tree (of disobedience, fruits :nafs) they became aware of their corporeal-bodily selves! They began to cover themselves with the leaves of Paradise (they tried to suppress their 
corporeality with the forces of the Names present in their essence)... Their 
Rabb called to them, “Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that 
Satan is an obvious enemy to you?”

As soon as they (mankind) tasted from tree they became aware of their body and nafs.

7:24 (Allah) said, “Descend (to the constricted lower state of bodily existence from a life governed by pure forces) as enemies to one another (the duality of body and consciousness)! And for you on the earth (bodily state of existence) is a set time of existence and a set period, in which you will receive your share of provisions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SoRoUsH said:

Salam, 

قَالَ اهْبِطُوا بَعْضُكُمْ لِبَعْضٍ عَدُوٌّ ۖ وَلَكُمْ فِي الْأَرْضِ مُسْتَقَرٌّ وَمَتَاعٌ إِلَىٰ حِينٍ 

Who is God addressing in this verse? Just Adam? Adam and Eve? Adam, Eve, and Iblis? Adam, Eve, Iblis, and others? 

Thanks!

Adam, Eve, and Iblis. From the context of previous verses it is clear. Here Adam and his wife are warned that Satan is their enemy so that they and their progeny may save themselves from the temptation of Satan. Here plural iIhbitu' is used. However, In Surah Taha dual form 'ihbita' is used where from the context they were Adam and Satan.

Edited by Follower of Truth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Raheel Yunus said:

7:20 Thereupon Satan whispered suspicions to them to make them aware of their ego and corporeality... He said, “The reason your Rabb forbids you 
from this tree (experiencing your corporeality) is so you do not become two 
angels (in the realm of forces) and live eternally!”
21. “And he swore to them, ‘Indeed, I am from among the advisors’.”
22. Thus he deceived them (by imposing deluding thoughts, making them 
think they are the physical body; drawing their attention to their corporeality). And when they tasted (from) that tree (of disobedience, fruits :nafs) they became aware of their corporeal-bodily selves! They began to cover themselves with the leaves of Paradise (they tried to suppress their 
corporeality with the forces of the Names present in their essence)... Their 
Rabb called to them, “Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that 
Satan is an obvious enemy to you?”

As soon as they (mankind) tasted from tree they became aware of their body and nafs.

7:24 (Allah) said, “Descend (to the constricted lower state of bodily existence from a life governed by pure forces) as enemies to one another (the duality of body and consciousness)! And for you on the earth (bodily state of existence) is a set time of existence and a set period, in which you will receive your share of provisions.

Great job!  IMpressive.  

Edited by eThErEaL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Raheel Yunus said:

7:20 Thereupon Satan whispered suspicions to them to make them aware of their ego and corporeality... He said, “The reason your Rabb forbids you 
from this tree (experiencing your corporeality) is so you do not become two 
angels (in the realm of forces) and live eternally!”
21. “And he swore to them, ‘Indeed, I am from among the advisors’.”
22. Thus he deceived them (by imposing deluding thoughts, making them 
think they are the physical body; drawing their attention to their corporeality). And when they tasted (from) that tree (of disobedience, fruits :nafs) they became aware of their corporeal-bodily selves! They began to cover themselves with the leaves of Paradise (they tried to suppress their 
corporeality with the forces of the Names present in their essence)... Their 
Rabb called to them, “Did I not forbid you from that tree and tell you that 
Satan is an obvious enemy to you?”

As soon as they (mankind) tasted from tree they became aware of their body and nafs.

7:24 (Allah) said, “Descend (to the constricted lower state of bodily existence from a life governed by pure forces) as enemies to one another (the duality of body and consciousness)! And for you on the earth (bodily state of existence) is a set time of existence and a set period, in which you will receive your share of provisions.

As I mentioned in the ther thread, you can't just write stuff in brackets and assume them to be true. You need to elaborate how you arrived at those propositions and interpretations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam(as) lived in Jannah in a state of nonduality. That is to say, he lived in a state where there was no difference of Abd and Rabb and believed that there was none except him. Jannah was embedded within the bounds of his knowledge similar to the dream embedded in our mind. His experience such as eating and drinking is just opposite to the actions of the physical world. Jannah (paradise) also has another meaning, that is “hidden in the human knowledge”. It is to make man understand at least to a certain extent that the matters pertaining to Adam has been described metaphorically. The forbidden tree in Jannah is Shirk - symbolized to a tree without tap root. It is so difficult to explain this. In short Adam who was in a state devoid of the feeling of three qualities that is the one experience, the thing experienced, and the experience itself, suddenly experienced duality when he tasted from tree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Raheel Yunus said:

he lived in a state where there was no difference of Abd and Rabb and believed that there was none except him

See. Now, you're jumping to even greater conjectures with bigger implications. This is a bold, unjustified, proposition to say "there was no difference between the slave and the Lord, between the created and the creator. 

 

2 hours ago, Raheel Yunus said:

matters pertaining to Adam has been described metaphorically

Another big conjecture. 

Not to be rude, but you can't just make up stuff. You need to properly justify your position through the narrations of Ahlul Bayt (as). 

Understanding the Quran isn't a guessing game, and it certainly shouldn't be interpreted according to guesses and opinions. 

Your view and statements may sound deep and esoteric to you, but until you justify them, and present narrations from the Ahlul Bayt (as), they remain mere conjectures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×