Jump to content
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

What is your opinion on Alawites?


bosnian

Recommended Posts

  • Advanced Member

I got to know a shia from Syria,he is of the alawite sect.Discussing about religion i realized we have nothing in common( i am sunni) ...so my question is what are the twelwers view about alawites?for example he told me he believes in reincarnation and that Ali r.a should have been prophet ? this to me is more close to hinduism and buddhism than islam,no'?

Edited by bosnian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
1 hour ago, bosnian said:

I got to know a shia from Syria,he is of the alawite sect.Discussing about religion i realized we have nothing in common( i am sunni) ...so my question is what are the twelwers view about alawites?for example he told me he believes in reincarnation and that Ali r.a should have been prophet ? this to me is more close to hinduism and buddhism than islam,no'?

Alawi are not Shia but are considered as offshoot of shia. 

The following links may be helpful to get further information:

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Alawites_(Syria)

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235040013-how-do-shia-view-alawi/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
21 minutes ago, skyweb1987 said:

Alawi are not Shia but are considered as offshoot of shia. 

The following links may be helpful to get further information:

http://en.wikishia.net/view/Alawites_(Syria)

https://www.shiachat.com/forum/topic/235040013-how-do-shia-view-alawi/

According to the replies most see them as muslim,even though some aspects of their beliefs are not islamic at all,like the reincarnation part(if you believe it ,yuo deny paradise,hell) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
30 minutes ago, bosnian said:

According to the replies most see them as muslim,even though some aspects of their beliefs are not islamic at all,like the reincarnation part(if you believe it ,yuo deny paradise,hell) 

Yes we see them as Muslims , many Muslim sects suffers from these weird beliefs & it’s not just limited to Alawits ,they suffer from misunderstandings because of heavy oppression by Ottomans & losing their connection with shia scholars but nowadays new generations between them are trying reshape & fix the cracks in their belief system even some of them are becoming twelvers 

Reborn-Although being Allawiis beautiful , it wasn’t the true path 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
44 minutes ago, Ashvazdanghe said:

Yes we see them as Muslims , many Muslim sects suffers from these weird beliefs & it’s not just limited to Alawits ,they suffer from misunderstandings because of heavy oppression by Ottomans & losing their connection with shia scholars but nowadays new generations between them are trying reshape & fix the cracks in their belief system even some of them are becoming twelvers 

Reborn-Although being Allawiis beautiful , it wasn’t the true path 

 

ok interesting 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
15 hours ago, bosnian said:

I got to know a shia from Syria,he is of the alawite sect.Discussing about religion i realized we have nothing in common( i am sunni) ...so my question is what are the twelwers view about alawites?for example he told me he believes in reincarnation and that Ali r.a should have been prophet ? this to me is more close to hinduism and buddhism than islam,no'?

they are disbelievers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

So easy to criticize and pinpoint people where as Moula Ali(asws) has clearly said.

Do NOT call a kafir even a kafir.

Do not tell someone that you have a False GOD as he/she may in return call your True GOD a False one.

We disagree with Alawites as shia is a good and polite statement to give our view instead of calling them kuffars and disbelievers bluntly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Carlzone said:

Why? I'm curious. What makes them kuffar or misguided?

Basically they reject many principles that Muslims are not supposed to reject. Like I said above Alawites considered wearing hijab as an "extremist act" for women and also they don't believe in sharia laws. When you reject Islamic laws you are an ignorant or a non Muslim. Moreover according to many testimonies I have when you go to Alawite region in Syria you will practically never see a woman wearing hijab excepted recent refugees coming from other syrian regions. You will also see many Alawites drinking alcool and supporting secularism and other stuffs like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

So easy to criticize and pinpoint people where as Moula Ali(asws) has clearly said.

Do NOT call a kafir even a kafir.

Do not tell someone that you have a False GOD as he/she may in return call your True GOD a False one.

We disagree with Alawites as shia is a good and polite statement to give our view instead of calling them kuffars and disbelievers bluntly.

Could we however not be agree that they are obviously not Muslims by their beliefs and actings like I said above? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
2 minutes ago, alidu78 said:

Could we however not be agree that they are obviously not Muslims by their beliefs and actings like I said above? 

We can agree to that but I wonder how much of practising muslims are we before we pinpoint at all of their flaws, why not first correct our own flaws that are eating us day after day?.

I hope you do not mind my words.

It is pretty surprising to me that we easily pinpoint at the faults of others and overlook our own faults.

I remember an incident of Moula Ali(asws) in his time of khilafat walking to a city (forgot the name, maybe Najaf or kufa) and he(asws) gets a company of a jewish man along the way who says something like that he has heard that the khalifa of Muslims now is good or bad (don't remember), then he(asws) walks with the man neverminding his(asws) own destination continuously speaking to him nicely and finally when that man reaches his destination, Moula(asws) asks him if he(asws) could leave so the man gets amazed by such a humble behaviour of Moula(asws) and asks Moula(asws) who are you that you walked with me till my destination and left your destination behind? so he(asws) says I(asws) am the khalifa of this time and it is against our manners that we(asws) leave our guests in the middle and it is against our manners that we(asws) leave our guests without asking their permission.

Moula Ali(asws) did not need to do all this but he(asws) did this act to portray the message of Islam by his(asws) character.

I wonder what we as shias are doing in the first place, let alone alawites nusairis etc...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member

Iblees denied one order of Allah and became Shaitaan, How many orders every single day do we deny of Allah yet we remain as muslims. Allah loves everyone and Moula Ali(asws) says when you see somebody committing a sin today then tomorrow do not look at him/her as a sinner as who knows he/she could have repented the previous night.

Edited by Asghar Ali Karbalai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

We can agree to that but I wonder how much of practising muslims are we before we pinpoint at all of their flaws, why not first correct our own flaws that are eating us day after day?.

I hope you do not mind my words.

It is pretty surprising to me that we easily pinpoint at the faults of others and overlook our own faults.

 

Brother I think you misunderstood me and the problem with Alawites in general. The problems is not about how are acting Alawites as the first place. The problem is their beliefs. Their beliefs wich reject Islamic fundamentals like sharia, hijab, salat, ziyarat etc. This is the real problem with them if you understand me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
On 12/21/2018 at 1:57 PM, alidu78 said:

Brother I think you misunderstood me and the problem with Alawites in general. The problems is not about how are acting Alawites as the first place. The problem is their beliefs. Their beliefs wich reject Islamic fundamentals like sharia, hijab, salat, ziyarat etc. This is the real problem with them if you understand me. 

non of them make them a Kafir ,there is born shias that don't do any of above acts even some of them don't believe to these acts but they still Belive in god & rest of beliefs but they reject any practice but it doesn't make them a Kafir , declaring everyone as Kafir with your idea is very close to wahhabi Takfir that they everything a Kufr without thinking & just by reaction , Alwaits for  centuries lost their connection to Shia scholars & asked their questions from elders that had very limited knowledge so they digested by other teachings & cultures that needs reeducation of them with Shia scholars again but it's very rare that a shia scholar goes to their society & reeducate them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/25/2018 at 8:16 AM, Ashvazdanghe said:

non of them make them a Kafir ,there is born shias that don't do any of above acts even some of them don't believe to these acts but they still Belive in god & rest of beliefs but they reject any practice but it doesn't make them a Kafir , declaring everyone as Kafir with your idea is very close to wahhabi Takfir that they everything a Kufr without thinking & just by reaction , Alwaits for  centuries lost their connection to Shia scholars & asked their questions from elders that had very limited knowledge so they digested by other teachings & cultures that needs reeducation of them with Shia scholars again but it's very rare that a shia scholar goes to their society & reeducate them.

Brother in what i said there is not such things as "wahabi". Sometimes "takfir" is a necessity". Now there is a difference between some individuals wich has wrong ideas and acts like some shias you mentionned and the alawites who really believe in their religion some things wich are litteraly anti islamic. I know i talked a lot about that but seriously when alawites said to me that "wearing hijab is considered as an extremist act for alawites" this is sufficient for me for not considering them as shia. This is even an insult and a blasphemy against Fatima Zahra (as) to say such things.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member
On 12/21/2018 at 8:58 PM, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

So easy to criticize and pinpoint people where as Moula Ali(asws) has clearly said.

Do NOT call a kafir even a kafir.

Do not tell someone that you have a False GOD as he/she may in return call your True GOD a False one.

We disagree with Alawites as shia is a good and polite statement to give our view instead of calling them kuffars and disbelievers bluntly.

Salam alaikum brother, 

Does this apply to ahmadis? How do we explain that they are doing Kufr without the implication of calling them kafir?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
3 hours ago, Ejaz said:

Salam alaikum brother, 

Does this apply to ahmadis? How do we explain that they are doing Kufr without the implication of calling them kafir?

walaikum assalam. 

Yes it does apply to all the sections. I believe Ahmadis are the ones who do not believe in Prophet Mohammad(saww) as the last Prophet(saww), right?.

If so, then even for them we can politely say that so and so is the problem in between us and them and those who do not believe in Prophet(saww) as last messenger are not following the Quran unfortunately. The whole idea is to maintain tolerance and polite behaviour.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Asghar Ali Karbalai said:

walaikum assalam. 

Yes it does apply to all the sections. I believe Ahmadis are the ones who do not believe in Prophet Mohammad(saww) as the last Prophet(saww), right?.

If so, then even for them we can politely say that so and so is the problem in between us and them and those who do not believe in Prophet(saww) as last messenger are not following the Quran unfortunately. The whole idea is to maintain tolerance and polite behaviour.

Do you consider them as Muslims? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Veteran Member

I like the emphasis of manners on this forum as I think it was Prophet Muhammad pbuh who said “I have been sent to prefect morals”. If this was a different forum with takfiris who just say “shirk shirk shirk” I doubt this would be said.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Advanced Member
19 hours ago, Ejaz said:

I like the emphasis of manners on this forum as I think it was Prophet Muhammad pbuh who said “I have been sent to prefect morals”. If this was a different forum with takfiris who just say “shirk shirk shirk” I doubt this would be said.

As Rasool(saww) Allah has said the best among you is the one with good manners :-).

Having said that there are some people here who lack manners big time and talk with rudeness, ignorance and arrogance so for them I prefer silence.

It is their Jahalah basically which keeps this way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...